Manager puts NSAC on blast after Ashlee Evans-Smith tests positive

x9SVp7P.jpg

This is agreeing with everything I've been saying this entire time lol.
He's held to an entirely different standard than everyone else in the entire sport.

Which is why everyone is pissed off.
Which is literally the answer to the very first question you asked me.

I knew if I posted that, this would be your reaction.

Do you really not see why it's more complicated than that?

And that your Diaz example was ridiculous?

And no, "everyone" isn't pissed off.

Sorry, that was confusing. My bad.

Jones didn't fail any test. Fighters who fail tests shouldn't point to him for comparison.

I'm not saying they should, I'm saying they will. "I got in trouble for using diuretics/weed/OTC stimulants/etc., but it's fine for Jones to use cocaine in training camp?" will be the new deflection tactic, I fear.

Of course he shouldn't.

I'm definitely not a fan of his, but this was none of our business and if the NSAC hadn't invaded his privacy by giving him the wrong test, we wouldn't have known.

You've been the voice of reason in many of these shit show threads.

I'm not saying they should, I'm saying they will. "I got in trouble for using diuretics/weed/OTC stimulants/etc., but it's fine for Jones to use cocaine in training camp?" will be the new deflection tactic, I fear.

Well, it would be an incredibly short conversation.

Well, it would be an incredibly short conversation.

One would I hope. I can foresee dozens of threads to that effect the next time a fan favorite pops for something, though.

To be clear, I'm not lending any credence to the argument at all.

I'm not personally that concerned about this failed test but come on. Anyway, this is just damage control.

One would I hope. I can foresee dozens of threads to that effect the next time a fan favorite pops for something, though.

To be clear, I'm not lending any credence to the argument at all.

Holy crap, you mean Sherdog members?

Oh, we're screwed, we're going to be hearing this nonsense forever.

The first of a million complaints to come from here on out. Regardless of how baseless it is.

You reap what you sow. Enjoy the fruits of your corruption UFC, an entire roster of pissed off employees.
This. Her manager is wrong here but when you show special treatment to one, everybody else is going to complain.

I knew if I posted that, this would be your reaction.

Do you really not see why it's more complicated than that?

And that your Diaz example was ridiculous?

And no, "everyone" isn't pissed off.
First off, the only thing ridiculous about the Diaz example is that you think missing a press conference is worse for a company's image than a full out stage destroying brawl live in front of hundreds of people from the press. :eek:
This is your direct opinion of Jones' involvement with the press conference:
Jones did absolutely nothing wrong.

Like Dana White, I think the easiest way to debate with you is your own words.
This was our debate, with direct quotes, showing your complete and total 180.

Enjoy the fruits of your corruption UFC, an entire roster of pissed off employees.
Why exactly do you think employees are pissed off?
Double standards on any and every front. Thats why fans are pissed. Thats why fellow employees are pissed.
Give me a few examples of favoritism, if you don't mind.
...various posts from me re:Jones violations of C.o.C., illegal drugs, twitter, press conf. fights, hotel scuffles, car crash incident..etc.
Making the argument in the first place is pretty childish, and a little stupid.

Every single fighter in the UFC is subject to a different "standard" based on a variety of factors, most importantly being how much revenue that fighter represents. How is this surprising or even a thing an adult would complain about?

Couldn't have said it better myself Loiosh. How is this surprising or even a thing an adult would complain about?

Seeing as, you know, you were the very first one to ask for proof of this horrific suggestion I made.

curtains-closing-o.gif

This. Her manager is wrong here but when you show special treatment to one, everybody else is going to complain.

Lol - if this was wand and the UFC actually did suspends him under code of conduct the same people crying now would be crying again.

This isn't special treatment. This is a guy not failing an ac test not getting punished by the ac or UFC. Has the UFC ever suspended someone for something similar? Someone pass the ac test but punished by UFC?

It's amazing how someone could be so clueless about the field they work in. Stop trying to blame Jones and make excuses.

From now on, ANYBODY that tests positive for ANY substance in the UFC, they will compare it to Jon Jones cocaine.

Ah, humans.

Back