Manager puts NSAC on blast after Ashlee Evans-Smith tests positive

That was a violation of the UFC's code of conduct, the contractual obligation for the fight is for the fight only. They don't even have press conferences planned or booked when a guy signs on for a fight.

His violation with the UFC's Code of Conduct re: the press conference, would be very similar to Jones violation of the Code of Conduct by brawling in a hotel lobby during a press conference :)

And again, according the UFC's Code of Conduct, (not the AC's rules), Jones' cocaine use is a violation of that as well, along with his press conference brawl, along with his prior incidents like his hotel scuffle and car crash mistakes, along with his prior twitter incidents.

...I can't even fathom the argument about Jones not getting preferential treatment.
No wonder GSP walked out on this sport. Dey crazy in da 'ead man.

Summed up perfectly

The first of a million complaints to come from here on out. Regardless of how baseless it is.

You reap what you sow. Enjoy the fruits of your corruption UFC, an entire roster of pissed off employees.

I'm beginning to feel like the UFC is a big corrupt joke. If i was a clean, drug-free, top 10 fighter i'd be screaming for more and better drug testing, better rules for IC/OOC testing, better refereeing, and better pay.

That was a violation of the UFC's code of conduct, the contractual obligation for the fight is for the fight only. They don't even have press conferences planned or booked when a guy signs on for a fight.

His violation with the UFC's Code of Conduct re: the press conference, would be very similar to Jones violation of the Code of Conduct by brawling in a hotel lobby during a press conference :)

And again, according the UFC's Code of Conduct, (not the AC's rules), Jones' cocaine use is a violation of that as well, along with his press conference brawl, along with his prior incidents like his hotel scuffle and car crash mistakes, along with his prior twitter incidents.

...I can't even fathom the argument about Jones not getting preferential treatment.
No wonder GSP walked out on this sport. Dey crazy in da 'ead man.

Nick failed to meet a contractual obligation and was taken out of the fight; it had nothing to do with the code of conduct.

Here's the code, please let me know which section Jones violated.

Actually it does. "Conduct that undermines or puts at risk the integrity and reputation of the UFC"

So, basically, anything you don't like.

That absolutely would not meet an enforceable standard.

Nick failed to meet a contractual obligation and was taken out of the fight; it had nothing to do with the code of conduct.

Here's the code, please let me know which section Jones violated.
His contractual obligation he violated was the UFC's Code of Conduct, which he agreed to by signing on for the fight. A press conference IS NOT in the contract for a fight. I can't state that any more emphatically or clearly.

"Conduct that undermines or puts at risk the integrity and reputation of the UFC"

It is enforceable, and has been enforced.
It cost Miguel Torres his job for making a pointless joke on twitter about the phrase "rape van".

And don't give me the "he made a dumb joke on twitter" response, because Jones has a TON of those as well, except the UFC policy is to immediately say his phone "got stolen" and it was someone else typing it. Hysterical.

There's no argument for double standards not being applied for Jones. None.

But who is Ashli Smith Suga Evans? Jon Jones is the UFC right now. GSP is gone, Brock is gone, Silva has been slayed.

Someone should let him know that bad behavior doesn't excuse bad behavior.

I have a feeling we're going to hear "Oh, but it's OK for Jones to use cocaine in training camp?" from every fighter that tests positive for anything for the next year or 12.

I hat that "but but but he/she did this bad thing..." argument. It stinks of dishonesty and is just a last second dodge of accountability. I do feel a little bad for this girl, tho. She didn't have much time to make a weight she's not accustomed to and she's a girl-- if she was having her period she may have taken an OTC product for cramping that had a diuretic.

I hope she is not paying this guy a lot of money.

Average shedogger seems to know more about this topic than her manager

Bummer for Ashlee, what with the "Weight cut ON POINT!" selfies and bragging about what a great job her "nutritionist" did to get her from 163 to 135 on 3 weeks notice. Her manager sounds like an idiot. Hope she takes this as a learning experience, just as with the match where she was unable to recognize the danger from the choke until it was too late.

Come on homie, what does Wand have to do with anything in this thread? Read more than a username, you're a better poster than that.

Because Jones is the golden boy and the UFC's full time job is to be on damage control for him.

Maybe the fighters are pissed off because guys are losing their jobs for the same shit he's done, sometimes less.
"Oh he had a contract with us, we were forced to give him that fight and make millions".
Right, tell that to Nick Diaz when you stripped his fight for a measly press conference.

Double standards on any and every front. Thats why fans are pissed. Thats why fellow employees are pissed.
Double standards is not a good argument. Favoritism exists in every walk of life and most of the time it is justifiable. That's just reality.

Double standards is not a good argument. Favoritism exists in every walk of life and most of the time it is justifiable. That's just reality.

It's the correct answer though to the question I was asked.
I said they've now got a roster of pissed off employees, and The Loishmeister asked why?

Miguel Torres and Jon Jones have both done the same infractions with 2 wildly different actions due to their relative marketability. I bet he's pissed at this situation as well and he's not even a UFC employee.

Favoritism isn't necessarily bad for business, but I'm not on the side of business in this argument.
And in the long run, I think this choice they made really will be bad for business. They've sold out everyone for the quick fix and keeping their hyped PPV event on track. Bad blood all around now, even from ridiculous arguments like this manager just made. And just wait for the shitstorm on the next failed test for weed...

What's worse? Missing weight on a short notice fight or taking Diuretics to make the weight?

She should have just missed weight.

@wand4life

This is just business, so being fair isn't really relevant. The UFC wants to make money.

His contractual obligation he violated was the UFC's Code of Conduct, which he agreed to by signing on for the fight. A press conference IS NOT in the contract for a fight. I can't state that any more emphatically or clearly.

The burden here is yours.

If you want to prove a double standard, you have to prove that Diaz was removed from UFC 137 as a result of a a COC violation, and then you have to prove Jones was guilty of a similar one. I sincerely doubt you're going to find proof (ie. Dana saying that was the reason they were able to remove him).

This is an incredibly strange and ineffective example you're trying to make.

It is enforceable, and has been enforced.
It cost Miguel Torres his job for making a pointless joke on twitter about the phrase "rape van".

And don't give me the "he made a dumb joke on twitter" response, because Jones has a TON of those as well, except the UFC policy is to immediately say his phone "got stolen" and it was someone else typing it. Hysterical.

This whole chunk is a hot mess.

I didn't say it had never or could never be enforced, I was obviously referring to it not being enforceable with Jones. It doesn't meet a reasonable standard, unless you're willing to carpet bomb and take out DC as well.

There's no argument for double standards not being applied for Jones. None.

Making the argument in the first place is pretty childish, and a little stupid.

Every single fighter in the UFC is subject to a different "standard" based on a variety of factors, most importantly being how much revenue that fighter represents. How is this surprising or even a thing an adult would complain about?

I have a feeling we're going to hear "Oh, but it's OK for Jones to use cocaine in training camp?" from every fighter that tests positive for anything for the next year or 12.

I doubt it.

If you pass the tests, who would care?

I think we can all acknowledge that if Keith Berish or Hans Stringer were in Bones' situation they would be suspended for conduct detrimental

Every single fighter in the UFC is subject to a different "standard" based on a variety of factors, most importantly being how much revenue that fighter represents. How is this surprising or even a thing an adult would complain about?

This is agreeing with everything I've been saying this entire time lol.
He's held to an entirely different standard than everyone else in the entire sport.

Which is why everyone is pissed off.
Which is literally the answer to the very first question you asked me.

r2d2.jpg

Back