Man who tried to murder three Canadian soldiers because Allah told him to is free to attend college

You mean people like us will try to address reality instead of crying over something that is already resolved?

I find it amusing that paying attention to the legal reality is what's wrong with the 1st world and not your vengeance driven screed which doesn't seem to care what the law actually determined. Ok...

Also, I don't think "feigning pseudo-intellectualism" means what you think it means. "Feigning" equals pretending/faking. "Pseudo" means "not real" or "fake". Why would we be faking fake intellectualism?

<30>
The reality is that if you are mentally insane enough to attempt to murder random people for Allah, then you aren't compatible with society and shouldn't be allowed around regular citizens.

The problem is people are killing people and are not facing justice for their crimes. Really it's a lack of empathy on your part for the victims. If you only lent a modicum of your empathy for the victims rather than the murderers, terrorists, rapists, pedophiles, etc. you might change your mind.

Also I'll make sure to catch any critical mistakes like that in the future.

The reality is that if you are mentally insane enough to attempt to murder random people for Allah, then you aren't compatible with society and shouldn't be allowed around regular citizens.

The problem is people are killing people and are not facing justice for their crimes. Really it's a lack of empathy on your part for the victims. If you only lent a modicum of your empathy for the victims rather than the murderers, terrorists, rapists, pedophiles, etc. you might change your mind.

Also I'll make sure to catch any critical mistakes like that in the future.

It's not a critical mistake, it's just an indication that you're not thinking very clearly. It's an internally contradictory phrase, more than just a simple spelling or grammatical error. If you're putting out internally contradictory language as part of your argument that other people aren't seeing clearly then all you're really demonstrating is that most of what you're typing isn't going to through an internal logic check. It hasn't been reasoned out. It's just words that you think sound good together and that's what all of your post boils down to.

For example:

What does empathy for the victims have to do with dealing with an individual after he's been through the court system. Empathy for the victims means pretending that you don't have laws? Empathy for the victim means that you address every issue as if the perpetrator was found guilty and sitting in prison...even if he/she isn't?

That's got nothing to do with empathy for the victims, it doesn't have anything to do with the victims. It's entirely about what is part of appropriate treatment of a man sentenced to the custody of the psych unit.

Is he mentally ill, following mahammed's teaching in the Koran, or both?

8:12
Play Copy
ﮓﮔ

Sahih International
[Remember] when your Lord inspired to the angels, "I am with you, so strengthen those who have believed. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieved, so strike [them] upon the necks and strike from them every fingertip."

Mental Illness of Peace.

Not here to argue about if he should be free or not. Do you not think people convicted of serious crimes should be allowed to attend college? It seems that if they have served their time to satisfy the government, they should be free to continue their lives.

There's no amount of time to rectify killing or trying to kill another person or multiple people.

Nothing really to see here. He was found NGRI and is getting treatment. It looks like in Canada they periodically go before a review board that consists of multiple mental health professionals, a lawyer, some community person, and a judge who will determine the appropriate ongoing level of treatment and what sort of privileges may be suitable. Sounds pretty standard.

Sounds like job creation. This whole industry evolved around creating more job security for social workers and probation officers. The recidivism rate hasn't moved much in the last few decades since they started this sunny ways crap.

In fact all it changed was we have more dangerous offenders in society because the name of the game is to keep them out of prison. No seriously, our legal system aims to free dangerous offenders more than incarcerate them.

well canada also released that nitter who beheaded that guy on the bus soooo whos surpised....

Nothing really to see here. He was found NGRI and is getting treatment. It looks like in Canada they periodically go before a review board that consists of multiple mental health professionals, a lawyer, some community person, and a judge who will determine the appropriate ongoing level of treatment and what sort of privileges may be suitable. Sounds pretty standard.

i heard alot of mental health professionals are usually former patients themselves. that was straight from the horses mouth.

oh yeh and a community person, sounds dodgy.

I pity people who value the law more than morality

You mean people like us will try to address reality instead of crying over something that is already resolved?

I find it amusing that paying attention to the legal reality is what's wrong with the 1st world and not your vengeance driven screed which doesn't seem to care what the law actually determined. Ok...

Also, I don't think "feigning pseudo-intellectualism" means what you think it means. "Feigning" equals pretending/faking. "Pseudo" means "not real" or "fake". Why would we be faking fake intellectualism?

<30>

Man, you are the ultimate apologist. You related to Trudeau?

We get it, you either don't or choose not to understand how mental illness works.

Fortunately here in Canada we haven't gutted funding to treating mental illness and just throw them in prison with real criminals like our neighbours to the South. That's definitely working wonders for them.

You can't understand it. It is not scientific at all. How does one tell the difference between an insane person acting sane and a sane person acting insane? Explain to me how that works. It is a matter of opinion, almost always related to social mores. A person is not insane unless they do something that seriously goes against herd morality.

The only reason he has a "mental disorder" is because of the behavior of his body. That is why we must then check his brain. But that is ghost in the machine junk science shit. People should be judged on their behavior, not magical ghosts inside their head.

I'm not saying it's a pleasant thing. What I was asking earlier is that if the man wasn't convicted of a crime, the school is across the street and he's not going unsupervised...what other thing should he be doing with his time? At least an education might have an effect on his treatment, assuming that the psych unit is monitoring what courses he's allowed to take.
So the rights of all those other people don’t matter? Why should they have to suffer so a single person that still has major issues can learn? The thing he should be doing is getting the proper clinical care so he can go out in public without a handler. What is next letting killers out of prison with handlers because they want to attend college? I know you will say they can earn degrees in prison but what about when the inmates say that is cruel because they cannot interact with other students? Do we start letting them out on day passes as well?

Sounds like job creation. This whole industry evolved around creating more job security for social workers and probation officers. The recidivism rate hasn't moved much in the last few decades since they started this sunny ways crap.

In fact all it changed was we have more dangerous offenders in society because the name of the game is to keep them out of prison. No seriously, our legal system aims to free dangerous offenders more than incarcerate them.

There are very few forensic hospitals relative to other employment opportunities. Many states may only have one or two. California only has like maybe 7 state hospitals that house forensic patients. So that just sounds retarded.

People who commit crimes because they are psychotic out of their gourd and don’t know what they are doing are obviously very different than the typical type of people housed inside prisons. There are significantly fewer relapses among subjects sentenced to forensic psychiatric care as compared to prison.

There are very few forensic hospitals relative to other employment opportunities. Many states may only have one or two. California only has like maybe 7 state hospitals that house forensic patients. So that just sounds retarded.

People who commit crimes because they are psychotic out of their gourd and don’t know what they are doing are obviously very different than the typical type of people housed inside prisons. There are significantly fewer relapses among subjects sentenced to forensic psychiatric care as compared to prison.

There is no scientific evidence of this garbage. How do you know what people do and don't know what they are doing? This is ghost in the machine shit. How do you know what is going on in somebody's head? You don't. Get this mentalist Freudian garbage out of here.

And again, I pose the question: how do you tell an insane person acting sane from a sane person acting insane? You fuckin can't.

There's no amount of time to rectify killing or trying to kill another person or multiple people.

So you have proof his intention was to kill them? Of course you don't, you might try cleaning the anti-fa sand out of your vagina. What a bunch of snowflakes with all your false outrage.

i heard alot of mental health professionals are usually former patients themselves.

Some psychiatrists have some minor issues, some don't. If I had to guess, the incidence is probably higher than in many other medical fields, but lower than in the general population. Regarding Axis II personality traits, these seem fairly prevalent across all medical specialties.

He attacked Canadian soldiers isn't that treason?
If we're not gonna kill him just send him back to Somalia.
If we're not gonna do either of those 2 things we should keep him locked up, even if he is mentally ill he is still clearly a risk if he is still expressing similar beliefs that led him to attack the soldiers in the first place. So why is he being allowed out to go to school putting the other student in potential danger. I don't give a shit if he is "supervised" whatever the hell that means, it would only take this POS 5 seconds to stab the student sitting in front of him in the back of the neck with a pencil because "Allah told him too". Mentally ill or not his right to attend school should not come at the expense of the safety of other students who will have to attend classes with him.

Good thing he doesn't live in America. We probably would've elected him as President.

iraq-bush.jpg

These are not comparable.

And the Americans didnt try and kill civilians in name of God. Also i doubt Bush did it really because his religion says so.

There is no scientific evidence of this garbage. How do you know what people do and don't know what they are doing? This is ghost in the machine shit. How do you know what is going on in somebody's head? You don't. Get this mentalist Freudian garbage out of here.

And again, I pose the question: how do you tell an insane person acting sane from a sane person acting insane? You fuckin can't.

Forensic psychiatrists do 13 years of post secondary education and get around 20,000 hours of on the job training evaluating patients. I know you like these fanciful stories about all the evil villains who get away with murder by feigning insanity, but it’s fairytale shit. It’s pretty difficult for someone in the forensic system to fool everyone and escape criminal responsibility in the long term.

Forensic psychiatrists do 13 years of post secondary education and get around 20,000 hours of on the job training evaluating patients. I know you like these fanciful stories about all the evil villains who get away with murder by feigning insanity, but it’s fairytale shit. It’s pretty difficult for someone in the forensic system to fool everyone and escape criminal responsibility in the long term.

And yet, nearly every case will have another psychiatrist saying the opposite. For every expert you can find that calls him insane, the other side can find an expert to call him sane.

So, what real science was done on this patient?

You still didn't answer my question. Their training means nothing without some empirical evidence. Where is the physiology here? What hard scientific tests have been used? This is folk psychology. Training without science means nothing. Show me scientific evidence that this particular guy is what you say he is. Do it. I want to see the report.

Back