Man Whittaker is so good but yet still a heavy underdog..

robert is a better grappler than marvin. al lhe has to do is spam chain takedowns and he will beat israel

He could win if he remembers he can also hit the legs and body

The whittaker that beat gastelum definitely has a good chance at beating izzy.

I would still favour Izzy, but I expect Bobby to do better this time.

He was a little too confident in his striking last time. I don't think he'll make that mistake again. He'll look to do what Jan did.

If only if were that easy. He can't simply do what Jan did. Jan had a reach that was 2 inches or less than Izzy's... Robert's reach in 7 inches less. Jan is a much heavier fighter than Robert and their fighting styles are completely different. If he tries to fight the same strategy as Jan, he'll get picked apart from the outside and will never get Izzy to expose himself to takedowns in the center of the ring like he did in the Jan fight.

I do think Robert is going to have to do some of the things well that Jan did well of course. He is going to have to be defensively better and check legs like Jan did if he doesn't want to get picked apart and lose his mobility.

Someone also mentioned if Robert fights like he did against Kelvin he can win but that's not going to be the case. He reach the reach advantage, height advantage and speed advantage vs Kelvin which is what made his counter striking so effective against Kelvin. That and Kelvin noticeably looked worse than his fight with Izzy where as Izzy has improved a lot. There's just no way I see Izzy coming forward like Kelvin does and leaving himself so exposed that a Robert with his 7 inch reach disadvantage is going to be able to use his quick crisp counter striking like he did in that fight.

I do think Whittaker has improved a lot though and I think it's going to be a much more competitive fight than the first one but I just don't see how Whittaker is going to win this fight without taking the fight to Izzy in some shape or form. Obviously he def can't over blitz and leave himself so exposed like he did in the first fight and I have given multiple example of how he can find otherwise to get to Izzy recently. But if he tries to stay light on his feet and counter strike Izzy all night... He's going to lose a surprisingly boring(which would be so sad for both fighters) decision.

robert is a better grappler than marvin. al lhe has to do is spam chain takedowns and he will beat israel

lol no he isn't and Robert spamming takedowns is definitely not going to work against Izzy. He would just gas himself and get countered to hell without setting his takedowns up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back