Man Wears “Caucasians” Shirt to Illustrate White Privilege

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.d173a5643a64

A lot of white guilt over this name. I go to their training camp every year and every year there is one or two lone protestors. One year it was two white people. Now on the other hand I did see one lone Indian protesting another year.

Logo is far from racist though. A lot of people don't realize what the team does for Native Americans. Of course that shit isn't news. Also a lot of people don't realize that the logo drawn by an Indian.

I can't imagine too many people being offended by that. I think most people I know would just think it was funny.
I do know that some people are surprisingly thin skinned. A guy at work got pissed of by a "Make America Great Britain Again" hat.

I think he's full of shit, or at least exaggerating a couple minor instances.
I could see a Redskins fan getting annoyed since they are protective of their brand/team, but no different than a "Yankees Suck" shirt or a "Deflategate" shirt.

I can't imagine too many people being offended by that. I think most people I know would just think it was funny.
I do know that some people are surprisingly thin skinned. A guy at work got pissed of by a "Make America Great Britain Again" hat.

I think he's full of shit, or at least exaggerating a couple minor instances.
I could see a Redskins fan getting annoyed since they are protective of their brand/team, but no different than a "Yankees Suck" shirt or a "Deflategate" shirt.

I could give two shits lol.

So you're comparing a claim of assault in front of a crowd in a specific time and place, to a passing conversation, and you think my premise would apply evenly to both? You either have poor reading comprehension, or caught in your own foolishness have sunk to lame equivocation. Either way, your attempts to deflect aren't working.

You've never engaged with the story except to deny it happened, that's how we can tell you're afraid of what he's saying. You don't have a response to this happening that coincides with your existing world view, and instead of expanding your thinking, your shrunk down and called the guy a liar. Don't be a coward.

Lmao, I'm a coward but you're the one refusing to answer my questions?? Why have you completely glossed over the fact that he's looking to profit off of this in all of your responses? You (btw you use the royal "we"? Are you the Queen or the Pope? ) can tell I'm afraid to engage with the the story because I deny it happened. Lmao but the whole story here is a bunch of anecdotes from a guy with a clear motive to make the whole thing up.

I don't think that a beating is the same thing as confronting someone on the street, no. I was just trying to follow your "logic" that the response validates the premise. Context is everything. The context here is: a social justice activist/owner of a marketing company has claimed he couldn't walk down the street in Manhattan without getting a ton of dirty looks and was hassled over it several times, based on this story he is SELLING the t-shirt, he is SOLICITING donations for his company and he is PROMOTING his personal brand. I don't blindly swallow anything if the whole point of it is to pass a collection plate around at the end. Also, this millennial marketing guru couldn't figure a way to get some of these reactions on video? In 2018?

Answer this: do you think that if he reported that nothing interesting happened, would that sell a bunch of t-shirts? Would that result in a sudden increase in donations to his organization? Would it be reported on the Yahoo front page, would his number of Twitter followers grow?? You have to take the context into account. And what exactly is this world view of mine that you're making reference to? The only premise that has been validated here has been mine, about you and the "left vs right" online tribal BS.

It's complete horseshit. Unless he has some video. Where is it? The idea that such a media-savvy marketing professional/social justice activist in 2018 wouldn't pull out his phone and start filming the supposed multitude of negative reactions is too ridiculous to accept. Like let's say he wasn't trying to pull a stunt, was by himself just walking and got all this 'tude from crackers as he's wearing the shirt and wasn't expecting it and doesn't want to walk around pointing his phone at everyone, then I'm sure he would go do it again and even have somebody with him filming or something. Or have a hidden camera. Why not? If it's so common he shouldn't have a problem getting footage like that.

Instead all we have is the word of a guy who is obviously pushing an agenda, is including a link to buy the shirt, and is asking donation money for his organization at the end of it. The gimmicky gifs at the end of every tweet are to distract you from thinking about how absurd the whole thing is - this guy knows what he's doing, he knows how to use the medium. I hate that racial tension has become such a lucrative trend or genre or whatever you want to call it, it's not healthy for our society. Like why does Yahoo give this obvious bullshit story their platform? Because they know it will bring in the clicks - just like we clicked on this thread. This won't end well for any of us.
It truly pained me to share a yahoo article but they love these types of articles and often push the leftist agenda as well.

It's an arbitrary standard, his decision not to videotape himself walking around the city for hours is perfectly within reason, and doesn't impact his credibility at all.

I'm really not bothered by you calling his credibility into question, I've explained repeatedly that it validates his premise. I assure you, I have no problem being proven right.

I would consider the harassment of a white guy and his wife on the street to be far more unusual than passing comments made towards a single person. I wouldn't need video evidence to believe the guy's story, just more details.

If a white guy in a redskins Jersey caught shit from some liberals just walking down the street, or a guy in a maga hat had to deal with some brazen people getting in his face, I'd take him at his word though. Unusual behavior makes me more skeptical, but commonplace behavior I'll accept pretty easily.

<YeahOKJen>

Yeah, this one is much better.

caucasians_large.jpg
The dollar sign is a nice touch.

The guy is just phishing for outrage. This is the point we are at in society. Let me troll for outrage so I can whine about oppression and racism.

I don't doubt that white people didn't care in 2002, that Pre-dates obama. White people used to be a lot more thick skinned. He really broke something in us.
Horseshit

You only say that because you’re a cis white man and you won’t hear their truth

Yahoo just keeps getting worse and worse. "Breaking news, random black dude wears shirt!"

And here I just walk around with my hood up.

On the high end you have SBC with his hilarious ideas and trolling complete with actual footage and on the low end is this guy with his lame idea, terrible execution and zero footage that was totally hilarious and revealing but he just didn't feel like filming any of it.

Back