Man Wears “Caucasians” Shirt to Illustrate White Privilege

It doesn't even make sense. If he wanted to prove white privilege in this instance, wouldn't it make more sense for him to wear a Redskins jersey, and see how he gets treated compared to a white guy wearing one?

What I will say, is that nobody gets treated as badly as the Natives, when it comes to plain old open and accepted racism. The Cleveland Indians logo is absurd, the Redskins name is ridiculous, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. That kind of shit wouldn't fly with ANY other race of people. It's got nothing to do with "white privilege" though. Our society by and large of all races just doesn't give racism towards Natives a second thought. It's not complex. It's just accepted racism among everyone.

In the end it's just a bunch of whites and blacks arguing about someone else's presupposed opinions, who we largely haven't even heard from.

I have my opinions about the different logos, but who gives a fuck. I'm not from a tribe in their area. Theirs are the only opinions/feelings that should matter. Don't get offended on another's behalf.

“Basically, I was being shamed as a black person for wearing a non-disrespectful shirt with a white person logo on it,”

YxhCJAR.jpg

You're forgetting the key part: "hey guys let's trigger more white people, here's a link to buy the shirt! And here's a link to donate money to my agency!"

Anyone who believes this happened is a sucker.

Lol so true. You can watch a homeless person taking a dump on a pigeon and New Yorkers would walk right by it

Heck a New Yorker would push your grandmother down for a cab during the winter months and not think twice bout it

Unless you are a pretentious hipster, or pampered Yuppy. They are transplants, and not real NYCers. Those are likely the people this perp is targeting.

Break it down for us then. Using the quote function, show us all the posts itt that have you taking an activist/marketer (who includes links both to solicit money for his company and to sell this very t-shirt) at his word (and absolutely nothing else) that he couldn't walk down the street in Manhattan of all places wearing this tepid shirt without repeatedly being hassled and getting dirty looks. None of which he was able to get on video, as if he and everyone he knows doesn't carry a smartphone. I think if you read through the Twitter thread, think about it for a second, and most importantly take yourself out of the "team left vs team right" bullshit online mentality for a moment you'll realize that this story is bogus and the guy is a hustler.

More weird triggered rationalizing. Digging that hole deeper.

I gave a reasonably small range of posts, they included plenty of denial, deflection and false equivalence.

"Caucasians" though? Ain't nobody getting mad at that. He could've at least made a "Crackers", or "Honkies" shirt.

What I will say, is that nobody gets treated as badly as the Natives, when it comes to plain old open and accepted racism. The Cleveland Indians logo is absurd, the Redskins name is ridiculous, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. That kind of shit wouldn't fly with ANY other race of people. It's got nothing to do with "white privilege" though. Our society by and large of all races just doesn't give racism towards Natives a second thought. It's not complex. It's just accepted racism among everyone.

White people became so thin skinned in the last decade, I'm not that surprised to see even mild reference to them by a black guy setting some assholes off. I doubt he's getting harassed by people on their way to work, but cities are filled with idle people looking for free entertainment, and an argument counts.

White people became so thin skinned in the last decade, I'm not that surprised to see even mild reference to them by a black guy setting some assholes off.

Who is getting set off by this? Actually set off by the guy wearing the shirt, and not just laughing at how stupid the whole experiment is?

I doubt he's getting harassed by people on their way to work, but cities are filled with idle people looking for free entertainment, and an argument counts.

I doubt anyone gave this guy a second look. The shirt is inoffensive. At worst, I see a few people maybe chuckling at it as they walk by. I guarantee nobody is getting in his face over that shirt.

Point is, saying redskin is a racist term while using the term "black" in the same statement. It felt weird.

I get that. My point is that black is not a racist term in my country.

More weird triggered rationalizing. Digging that hole deeper.

I gave a reasonably small range of posts, they included plenty of denial, deflection and false equivalence.

So you have nothing you can point to. Just a few people saying online that they don't believe the story is compelling enough for you to buy that people hassled him in Manhattan? Have you actually read through his version of events in his Twitter thread?

This is what I was referring to by the team left vs team right bullshit. Let me ask you this then: do you at least think that he has any incentive to lie or embellish? If he said that he walked down the street and nothing happened, do you think that would affect the sales of the shirt he's hawking? Do you think that he would get more donations to his agency if he said nothing happened, or less? And finally, why do you think that he was unable to capture a single negative reaction on video?

One of the more debatable statements made on here . . . folks can twist many words into fitting their personal racist stance. Many of us just have a different opinion on what is actually hurtful to ourselves and others.

Such as? Blackskins? Kosherskins? Yellowskins?

We are . . . but we often don't help our own cause by focusing on crap like this instead of actual issues.

Where you miss the mark is that its not necessarily 'personal'. Redskin was the name the british used for the scalps of natives when paying bounties.

I get some people will argue that n***** is okay and only racist due to twisting for personal values, but it does not make it right.

There are historical racist shit, and redskin appears to be one of them.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/bla...pose-hypocrisy-white-privilege-220329924.html

Apparently it’s white privilege to wear Washington Redskins apparel and this dude walked around in a “Caucasians” shirt to try and offend people. I have a feeling most of his stories of those who got offended are fake. Without video evidence he has no proof anyone said anything. Pretty lame social experiment if you ask me.

A lot off so called social experiments are lame.

The only thing that might come off remotely offensive was the stupid Cleveland Indian caricature logo with the smiling chief. And the Indians seem to have went away from using that logo.

Who is getting set off by this? Actually set off by the guy wearing the shirt, and not just laughing at how stupid the whole experiment is?

I doubt anyone gave this guy a second look. The shirt is inoffensive. At worst, I see a few people maybe chuckling at it as they walk by. I guarantee nobody is getting in his face over that shirt.

He cited a few examples, for some reason the first response by a lot of people has been to blanket deny rather than engage with what he's reported.

Most natives don't care.

Leave it to liberal white people to be offended on their behalf.

So you have nothing you can point to. Just a few people saying online that they don't believe the story is compelling enough for you to buy that people hassled him in Manhattan? Have you actually read through his version of events in his Twitter thread?

This is what I was referring to by the team left vs team right bullshit. Let me ask you this then: do you at least think that he has any incentive to lie or embellish? If he said that he walked down the street and nothing happened, do you think that would affect the sales of the shirt he's hawking? Do you think that he would get more donations to his agency if he said nothing happened, or less? And finally, why do you think that he was unable to capture a single negative reaction on video?

Im not going to accuse the guy of fabricating the whole story based upon the rationale provided. The blanket denial or deflection tells me that this topic generates response, which validates his premise. I don't hold people to arbitrary standards for trust. Theres no inherent requirement for video evidence for me to believe such simple interactions took place. That's just a standard you're using comfort yourself after deciding you'd rather not engage with ideas that upset you.

He cited a few examples, for some reason the first response by a lot of people has been to blanket deny rather than engage with what he's reported.

The claim he is trying to make requires some kind of proof, other than his pinky swear that it happened, in order to properly engage with it. It doesn't help that his experiment doesn't even make sense, and he's clearly coming from a position of bias.

The report is only as credible as the source. "Some guy who says so", with no other form of proof(seriously, why wouldn't he document this on video?) isn't that credible of a source.

Back