Man those Thompson-Price fights are a bit hard to watch

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
From the announcers, to the crowd, to Price's corner, to Price himself.

Just total devastation all around. And a really goofy looking KO the first time

Not for me. The second fight ignited so much triggering especially from everyone calling the first a fluke

Imo Ruiz v Joshua reminds me of this in the way that they were too hasty to get the rematch.

I always wondered where price would be if they avoided that rematch for a while.

All I know was Mrs. Thompson ended up in a wheelchair not long after one or both of those fights.

i liked tony so i was rooting for him. not sure why price opted for a rematch so quickly.

Not for me. The second fight ignited so much triggering especially from everyone calling the first a fluke

Imo Ruiz v Joshua reminds me of this in the way that they were too hasty to get the rematch.

I always wondered where price would be if they avoided that rematch for a while.

Price would still be getting knocked out by everyone who’s decent. This fight showed his level

Nothing like Joshua! Joshua has no real choice but to rematch Ruiz if he wants the belts back. If he rematches him 3 fights down the line does he still have 3 of the 4? Is he even still champion? If he wants the belts back then he’d be stupid not to rematch him immediately

i liked tony so i was rooting for him. not sure why price opted for a rematch so quickly.

Because he thought he was gonna rule the division, as did his deluded scouse fans.

Everyone else knew that being long with a good jab is not enough to beat the better guys in the division. This was the fight we saw that he has a poor gas tank and even worse chin

Price was exposed, wasn't the first, won't be the last in the HW division. Thompson was a better boxer and it showed. Price for the power he carries, was defensively susceptible, and he's never recovered, boxers know now they can hunt him down. He was overblown by the media, who saw him as a saint compared to the gypsy unpstart. But in his defence, he puts on entertaining fights, and could have walked away numerous times, but he clearly loves the sport, and is a true warrior imo.

I always had high hopes for Price, he always comes across well when he is being interviewed but he seemed to run out of steam when he came up against better fighters.

Price was exposed, wasn't the first, won't be the last in the HW division. Thompson was a better boxer and it showed. Price for the power he carries, was defensively susceptible, and he's never recovered, boxers know now they can hunt him down. He was overblown by the media, who saw him as a saint compared to the gypsy unpstart. But in his defence, he puts on entertaining fights, and could have walked away numerous times, but he clearly loves the sport, and is a true warrior imo.

the mickeys nailed their flag to the wall with Price, it was funny as fck when it all fell apart. Absolutely certain he was gonna be a big star and smash fury. Im sure you heard it all being a Manc. Funny how things turned out, but not that surprising for those that have a bit more knowledge of the sport

i loved these 2 fights, i actually work in Liverpool, and was telling all who would listen that when Price fought someone who was punching back, he would possibly be found out.

And it happened, to which i was told..."you called it" on my return to work.

Although i dont think any scousers actually thought he was world class, that seems a bit of an exageration

What is painful to watch is the addiction to getting kayoed that Price has developed since then and makes him keeping coming back for more.

What is painful to watch is the addiction to getting kayoed that Price has developed since then and makes him keeping coming back for more.
His comeback is on tho, two wins in a row, all started by that dq win from getting bitten. He's on a roll!

Back