Man those Thompson-Price fights are a bit hard to watch

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by XThe GreatestX, Sep 10, 2019.

1. XThe GreatestX

XThe GreatestX Silver Belt

From the announcers, to the crowd, to Price's corner, to Price himself.

Just total devastation all around. And a really goofy looking KO the first time

2. revoltub

revoltub Acting Manager Yellow Card

Not for me. The second fight ignited so much triggering especially from everyone calling the first a fluke

Imo Ruiz v Joshua reminds me of this in the way that they were too hasty to get the rematch.

I always wondered where price would be if they avoided that rematch for a while.

3. BluntTrauma21

BluntTrauma21 Broner Brody / Pulev Posse

All I know was Mrs. Thompson ended up in a wheelchair not long after one or both of those fights.

4. Gambit MMA

Gambit MMA Silver Belt

i liked tony so i was rooting for him. not sure why price opted for a rematch so quickly.

5. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja Black Belt

Price would still be getting knocked out by everyone who’s decent. This fight showed his level

Nothing like Joshua! Joshua has no real choice but to rematch Ruiz if he wants the belts back. If he rematches him 3 fights down the line does he still have 3 of the 4? Is he even still champion? If he wants the belts back then he’d be stupid not to rematch him immediately

6. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja Black Belt

Because he thought he was gonna rule the division, as did his deluded scouse fans.

Everyone else knew that being long with a good jab is not enough to beat the better guys in the division. This was the fight we saw that he has a poor gas tank and even worse chin

DaveDave likes this.
  7. Athenry04

Athenry04 Black Belt

Price was exposed, wasn't the first, won't be the last in the HW division. Thompson was a better boxer and it showed. Price for the power he carries, was defensively susceptible, and he's never recovered, boxers know now they can hunt him down. He was overblown by the media, who saw him as a saint compared to the gypsy unpstart. But in his defence, he puts on entertaining fights, and could have walked away numerous times, but he clearly loves the sport, and is a true warrior imo.

8. Boxing Superpower

Boxing Superpower Check out my YouTube channel

I always had high hopes for Price, he always comes across well when he is being interviewed but he seemed to run out of steam when he came up against better fighters.

9. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja Black Belt

the mickeys nailed their flag to the wall with Price, it was funny as fck when it all fell apart. Absolutely certain he was gonna be a big star and smash fury. Im sure you heard it all being a Manc. Funny how things turned out, but not that surprising for those that have a bit more knowledge of the sport

Athenry04 likes this.
  10. treelo

treelo //Do something here

i loved these 2 fights, i actually work in Liverpool, and was telling all who would listen that when Price fought someone who was punching back, he would possibly be found out.

And it happened, to which i was told..."you called it" on my return to work.

Although i dont think any scousers actually thought he was world class, that seems a bit of an exageration

Yacob likes this.
  11. Hagler

Hagler Man of wealth and taste

What is painful to watch is the addiction to getting kayoed that Price has developed since then and makes him keeping coming back for more.

BluntTrauma21 likes this.
  12. BluntTrauma21

BluntTrauma21 Broner Brody / Pulev Posse

His comeback is on tho, two wins in a row, all started by that dq win from getting bitten. He's on a roll!

Hagler likes this.
  13. Hagler

Hagler Man of wealth and taste

Yikes.

BluntTrauma21 likes this.