Man that Fedor to UFC hype died quick!

Fabio would have gotten the TKO in a NA promotion. That fight was just awful no matter how you slice it. I usually don't put any stock in people screaming "THE FIX IS IN" but if I had to pick one I'd go with that.

It's crazy that people think one of the worst showings of his career is going to be the thing that finally lands him in the UFC. Since he's back to his roots fighting cans overseas, his stock couldn't be lower. What are you people smoking.

he is a big name, people will tune in. I really think it makes financial sense for the UFC and they should try to go for it.
Dont know man. Dude never sold over 100k ppv. I know no one has, but doubt he gets as many people tuning in as some think.

Still like to see fedor in the UFC but i think his lack of training in the states means hes too far behind other perhaps lesser fighters.

Fedor has spoke of wanting to earn good money yet hes never gotten in bed with the UFC. after a few fights he could make more money than ever.....Just does not make sense..

How do you guys think hed fair against Black Beast or Timothy Johnson ?

LOL not even close to a 10-8 round. You guys throw those around too easily.
I believe the fight got overturned to a draw on the basis that it should have been a 10-8 round, Faba whooped him.

On the second criteria, WMMAA said it tasked three independent judges to score the fight and each returned a 28-28 scorecard.

"Regarding the second criterion. Marco Broersen as Head of the Professional Referees has selected three judges who were not working at the fight to judge the Maldonado vs Fedor fight," said Engelhardt. "All Judges came to the same conclusion of 28-28 (Draw)."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/7/1...tory-over-fabio-maldonado-overturned-by-wmmaa

All 3 independent judges gave a 10-8.

Remember when Fujita almost knocked his ass out? Guess what? Fedor was the best fighter on the planet before and after that bomb from Fujita. MMA fightesr get caught sometimes. It's not hard to understand that. I guess GSP should have never fought in the UFC after Serra body bagged him, right? Randleman was a better striker than Mirko, right?

Look at the way he finished round 2 and round 3 off after getting fucking pummeled. Finishing a fight that way half dead says a lot about him still. I don't think it's too absurd to think he wouldn't have finished Fabio if he wasn't so concussed. He's definitely not the same fighter he once was, and he definitely isn't a favorite to come to the UFC and walk thru everybody and get the belt, but he definitely isn't some punk ass scrub as some of you guys on here claim he is. That old dog still has some fight in him.

I think the hype is manufactured by his team to get a better deal in another org.

He got 10-8 'ed by fucking maldonado, signing to the UFC would be like signing a contract to get his ass kicked for money.

Ya, took about 8 years to die off.

Bigfoot vs fedor II - who's more over the hill?
Make it happen

Everyone here thought this was the time Fedor was coming the UFC. I kept on saying that he wouldn't, but no one believed me. What a surprise, I'm right again.

it's clear he's past his prime. he came back and won the last 2 rounds, but literally used 0 of his judo and gnp that entire fight. he's just become a pure brawler at this point, and i don't really care to see that anymore

Agreed.

When a legend fades, sometimes it's exciting to watch them perform, to see glimmers of their past glory.

But fedor doesn't look anything like the goat he was. He doesn't fight the same way. Hw has enough sloppy brawlers, ufc doesn't need a super expensive one who will never fight for the title.

That boat has long since sailed. Oh well.

Fabio would have gotten the TKO in a NA promotion. That fight was just awful no matter how you slice it. I usually don't put any stock in people screaming "THE FIX IS IN" but if I had to pick one I'd go with that.

It's crazy that people think one of the worst showings of his career is going to be the thing that finally lands him in the UFC. Since he's back to his roots fighting cans overseas, his stock couldn't be lower. What are you people smoking.

The UFC would still take Fedor they would be crazy not to. The ability to claim him as their own means a lot, plus he sells tons of tickets and still has a huge fan base.

Maldonado killed the hype.

540951906.jpg

If Fedor vs. Cain happened at altitude, Fedor would put a pace on him like Werdum did that Cain wouldn't be able to match. Just had a bad night against Maldonado. Give him a proper camp and he'd tool the division.

gone with the wind, baby.

..as every fart does.

If Fedor vs. Cain happened at altitude, Fedor would put a pace on him like Werdum did that Cain wouldn't be able to match. Just had a bad night against Maldonado. Give him a proper camp and he'd tool the division.
Whats a proper camp for Fedor? Using a gameplan? Actually using his TD's and GnP?

His attitudes towards certain fights baffle me, takes a cautious approach to Monson but brawls with one of the heaviest hitters ever in Hendo, fights ishi in a calm manner but brawls with Bigfoot, takes down and finishes a can easily is jaideep but brawls with fabio..

Back