Man sentenced to 8 years for Weed

Doesn't mean the laws are just or that we can not comment on them. This man will more than likely be hardened in prison. He will likely be MUCH more dangerous to society after his release

I take it u are Pro Life. I doubt you'd find "whelp, it is the law" a great defense to what u consider an injustice

This is 8 years of a man's life
It’s like you don’t get the fact that he had almost 3 pounds of marijuana in his possession.

8 years is bogus, but it’s not like he got caught with a dub sack.

Theyll kill you in Singapore for that. He got off easy by comparison. Moral of story know your countries laws.

He had almost three pounds of pot. He was dealing that shit, but 8 years is excessive unless he was a career criminal with a bunch of felonies.

8 years is pretty crazy for a non violent crime where the drugs should be legal anyway.

If you make edibles (they last longer for effects) , more weight is needed. I only use indica for insomnia and its edibles i cant stand smoking or vaporizing. Plus a good 7 hour sleep is always needed provided you dont rely on it as after a while it messes witj rem cycles.
A buddy of mine takes an indica edible (or two) every night. Is there a recommendation on how long before it starts to fuck with you too much?

Make weed legal. Allow people to grow their own. Stop loading our legal system with this shit.
See it is legal where I am now. And you're allowed to grow your own. But getting caught with three pounds will still fuck you. Limit on personal possession is 30 grams. He had 40 times that amount.

A buddy of mine takes an indica edible (or two) every night. Is there a recommendation on how long before it starts to fuck with you too much?

In terms of rem sleep? For most it can happen within a few short months. Some get lucky and can go longer, others need to increase dose quickly. Its very imdividual which is why its a hard theme to study.
If it ever stops him from good sleep, a tolerance break can help for a week or two without it. Also, aged cannabis can provide a pretty good sleep aid. Stick it in a jar for like 1 to 1.5 years as the thc degrades into cbn.

I'm not going to even pretend this guy was not going to sale some of this weed. He very well might have. I dont even care. 8 years is complete BULLSHIT

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/412055-black-man-sentenced-to-8-years-in-prison-for-possessing-legally?amp

Sounds terrible but I am suspicious when the first word of the article is "BLACK".

Does he have priors? Is there more to the story? Fucking media always seems to want to spin things, only report one side of the story.

Anyway, I don't think anyone should have any penalty for possession of marijuana. I am highly against smoking in public places and being high while driving, etc. but having it and smoking it in your own house should be completely legal.

However, I am not the law and the law doesn't agree with what I say. Maybe it is time to fight back.

That's sad... I guess? He's carrying 3 pounds of an illegal substance, probably for distribution. You only get hit with trafficking charges if you carry over a certain amount, you don't get 8 years for carrying 10 grams. It doesn't matter if you disagree with the law, you're obliged to play by it until it gets changed. Or at least, be smart enough not to get caught and don't cry if you do.

And it does not matter if he doesnt have a scale or paraphernalia. No drug dealer is going to be transporting a shipment with a bunch of other questionable items lol.

This part made me laugh.

"Hey guys, I'm going to deliver 3 pounds of Marijuana to another state. Can you hold my scale for me? If I get pulled over, I wouldn't want the cops to have reason to believe I'm selling it."

On one hand hes an idiot so i dont feel very sorry for him. On the other its just weed so damn, 8 years? Thats harsh.

In the next 20 years or so we will see nationwide recreational usage legalized so im not too worried. Until then dont cross state lines with pounds of the stuff. Idiot.

Back