Man sentenced to 8 years for Weed

You have to know the laws wherever you go. I love norml.org. They have the laws for every state readily available. Before I travel, I know exactly what I can have and what the penalty would be. I won't be going to Mississippi with 2.89 lbs of weed. that's for sure

Checked out Mississippi laws. Gotta keep it under 30 grams. $250 fine for first offense. This dude could have gotten 30 years...

Terrible

We have a weed store next to the grocery here in Canada

It is what it is. Some guys are serving a lot longer than 8 years for weed related offences in the US.

Know your boundaries. Know your laws. Just because you think weed isn't a big deal, doesn't mean your government agrees with you.

I'm sure this man will come out a much better man after being incarcerated for 8 years.

8 fucking years!

"Beadle was not in possession of a large sum of money, drug paraphernalia, a scale or any other items to suggest he was a drug trafficker."

You know, other than the three POUNDS of weed

If that was all for personal use, scientists need to study this specimen

Hopefully they will weed out these archaic punishments for possession of weed.

It is what it is. Some guys are serving a lot longer than 8 years for weed related offences in the US.

Know your boundaries. Know your laws. Just because you think weed isn't a big deal, doesn't mean your government agrees with you.

Doesn't mean the laws are just or that we can not comment on them. This man will more than likely be hardened in prison. He will likely be MUCH more dangerous to society after his release

I take it u are Pro Life. I doubt you'd find "whelp, it is the law" a great defense to what u consider an injustice

This is 8 years of a man's life

"Beadle was not in possession of a large sum of money, drug paraphernalia, a scale or any other items to suggest he was a drug trafficker."

You know, other than the three POUNDS of weed

If that was all for personal use, scientists need to study this specimen

does weed go bad or stale?

just wondering.. maybe he wanted to buy in bulk so he didn't have to continually cross the border to get 'em? I don't know I am not a weed guy and I was just wondering...

I'm sure this man will come out a much better man after being incarcerated for 8 years.
8 fucking years!

Yea it's awful dude. Take a harmless weed head and lock him in prison with hardened criminals. dumb shit
"Danbury wasn't a prison, it was a crime school. I went in with a Bachelor of marijuana, came out with a Doctorate of cocaine" - George Jung

just wondering.. maybe he wanted to buy in bulk so he didn't have to continually cross the border to get 'em? I don't know I am not a weed guy and I was just wondering...

Nobody buys pounds of weed for personal use. Though one look at the dude and I'm rethinking everything.

The amount of marijuana he was hiding in the car met the legal definition of the amount of marijuana for distribution, making him a drug dealer in the eyes of LE.

Doesn't mean the laws are just or that we can not comment on them. This man will more than likely be hardened in prison. He will likely be MUCH more dangerous to society after his release

I take it u are Pro Life. I doubt you'd find "whelp, it is the law" a great defense to what u consider an injustice

This is 8 years of a man's life

He should've thought about that, before traveling with pounds of weed on his person in a state that will fuck your life up for it, if you get caught. We can whatabout opinions on laws with each other all day long. It doesn't change anything.

Should've thought twice before going out there while being black.

The amount of marijuana he was hiding in the car met the legal definition of the amount of marijuana for distribution, making him a drug dealer in the eyes of LE.

I even said so much. It is still an injustice

It does go stale and moldy if not properly stored. Nobody buys pounds for personal use though. That's dealer shit.

it does, in that it dries out and turns dust-like. You can store it in a freezer tho.

But I don't feel bad for this guy, and that is coming from a big smoker and owner of a medical marijuana card, and I feel weed should be legal. Considering a quarter pound of weed, a "quap" if like 800-1400 depending on the type/quality, and area (market) it is being sold. I am sure if he is bringing 3 pounds of some fire back from Oregon (cheaper since legal and in abundance) to Mississippi, he is going to distribute that.

Not to mention buying 2.75 pounds if cheaper than buying a quap, because of whole sale values. Just like a quap is cheaper by volume than buying an ounce or 8th of an ounce, or gram.

I assume he is distributing it by quaps at the maximum, but likely as 1/8 ounce, or something like that, to maximize profits.

Either way, he is a retard for having that much weed and going across state lines with it. And it does not matter if he doesnt have a scale or paraphernalia. No drug dealer is going to be transporting a shipment with a bunch of other questionable items lol.

Pounds of weed he was going to sell and make money off of and likely not pay taxes on that income.

8 years seems fair to me.

Back