Man on Fire vs Taken... which film was better?

MoF is a far more complex and complete movie and far better.

Taken is a solid but shallow action pic, not that there is anything wrong with that.

MoF is a far more complex and complete movie and far better.

Taken is a solid but shallow action pic, not that there is anything wrong with that.

And I didn't really buy into most of Neeson's physical stunts. It looked pretty ridiculous at times.

Creasy Bear.

Creasy_Bear_Patch_Single_large.jpg

Both good movies though, quite good

If anything the direction is what appeals to me, tony scott versus the guy that did the Transporter and From Paris with Love. Certainly adds that authentic euro feel, and surprisingly doesnt edit and jumpcut as much as one might expect.

Man on Fire is way more uh savage to me, the pool shit is weird tho (its in the original story/film as well) and i agree on dakota fanning being annoying. i legit like Taken like right up there with it after further thought

The daughter running montage from Taken is always hilarious, what a spaz

Going with taken for the sheer fact that the movie embraces its over the top vibe and you know that going into it. Man on Fire was highly entertaining but I feel like the movie tried to actually be a serious but it ends up being unintentionally over the top/unrealistic. The editing in that movie is also obnoxious.

Man on Fire obviously. Better soundtrack score and more emotionally invested in the main character

man on fire is the better film, but I think taken is more rewatchable.

I've only seen Taken so can't compare. I loved taken though.

The honest trailer is epic lol!

Going with taken for the sheer fact that the movie embraces its over the top vibe and you know that going into it. Man on Fire was highly entertaining but I feel like the movie tried to actually be a serious but it ends up being unintentionally over the top/unrealistic. The editing in that movie is also obnoxious.

I watched Man on Fire for the first time last night, holy shit it might be the worst editing I have ever seen. I know it was the early 2000s, but for fuck sake.

I watched Man on Fire for the first time last night, holy shit it might be the worst editing I have ever seen. I know it was the early 2000s, but for fuck sake.

Yeah lol.. I never really noticed it when I first saw it back in high school or something. Watched it again recently and couldn’t believe how shitty the cinematography is. Laughably bad.

Taken is probably the slightly more entertaining more watchable movie, but MOF is a better movie.

Man on Fire for me, no question.

The "set of skills speech" was awesome, but I liked this so much more.

I have no idea what I was thinking. The particular set of skills speech is better. It's iconic.

Man of Fire is the better film though, in my opinion.

Back