Man on Fire vs Taken... which film was better?

Ace of Spade

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
vs

Man on Fire... Trailer

Taken... Trailer

So... which film was better?

Last edited:
MoF without question.

Denzel packs a Glock 34 in it.

Also, Mexico City is much more interesting to me compared to Paris.

One more question that needs to be asked: Which film had Christopher Walken in it?

/thread

Definitely Man on Fire. Both aren't all that great but Man on Fire is better of the two.

Taken was better in that it knew what it wanted to be, while Man on Fire tried to be something more and failed. Not the mention the quality of the action. Or maybe I just don't like Denzel.

Man on fire. They had a guy with explosives in bis ass. That wins.

No homo

After watching MOF recently I will have to go with Taken. If I had of gone off of my memory of MOF when I first saw it I would have picked it... On my most recent viewing of MOF it was not nearly as good as I thought it was.

I enjoyed "Taken" more....

Taken has more of a "Chessy/Unbelievable" feel to it... with Liam Neeson being a "Super Bad-Ass"... but I still enjoyed it more than MOF.

Last edited:
Man on Fire was awesome I thought, way better than Taken.

I can't vote in this one. These are two of my favorites and I can't put them against each other like that.

Is this a joke TS?

I like Taken but you cannot compare the two.lol For me,its easily Man On Fire :D

I went with Man On Fire but both films are great...

Taken was more "bad ass", but Man on Fire had more feeling, compassion and "love" to it...

The Chemistry between Peeta and Creasy (I can compare it to Leon and Natalie Portman in Professional) is arguably one of the most genuine and "sweet" I' ve ever seen...you see Creasy's transformation from a hard core cynic who really doesn't "give a fu*k"...to having feelings for Peeta and learning to "live again" to then reverting back to do what he's good at...killing people.

And Man on Fire made me tear up a bit...

all in all, I love both films because there is no moral ambiguity behind it...it's about really bad people who need to get fu*king killed.

I haven't seen Man on Fire in years, but I re-watched Taken last year and it's pretty amazing. Particularly for a PG-13 movie, it's super violent and gritty and it holds up really well.

Taken

Pros: Liam Neeson death threat,shooting a man's wife to get answer. The film had outstanding hand-to-hand combat scenes.

Cons: Average story. Dumbass teenage friend.

Man on Fire:

Pros: Denzel,Walken. Ruthless violence.

Cons: Crappy mtv-like editing by Tony Scott(only to get more aggrivating in Domino),overly dramatic score.

so its hard to say.

Back