MAN OF STEEL Sequel (Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam Rumored to Appear)

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: August 8, 2016

Warner Bros. Puts MAN OF STEEL Sequel in Active Development

97tnjb.jpg

Henry Cavill‘s Superman will fly solo again in a sequel to Man of Steel going into active development at Warner Bros., a person familiar with the project told TheWrap.

Released in 2013, produced by Christopher Nolan and directed by Zack Snyder, Man Of Steel earned $668 million at the global box office and launched the ambitious DC Cinematic Universe. This summer’s Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, which picked up where that film left off, has pulled in $872 million.

Despite Superman’s battle with Batman, DC has been silent on a sequel to Man of Steel featuring Superman solo, leading many frustrated fanboys to believe that another film wasn’t going to happen. But a person close to the project told TheWrap that Superman is a top priority for the studio and getting the character right for audiences is of tantamount importance.

Warner Bros. did not immediately return a call for comment Monday.

The Man of Steel sequel is a long way from getting a release date. Wonder Woman is slated for June 2, 2017, followed by Justice League on Nov. 17, 2017. Aquaman is currently slated for July 27, 2018. A standalone Batman film does not yet have a date, but will likely come before the Superman sequel, the person familiar with the project said.

Warner Bros. has two untitled DC films to be released on Oct. 5, 2018 and Nov. 1, 2019, but hasn’t said what they will be.

Warner Bros. Puts ‘Man of Steel’ Sequel Into Active Development (Exclusive)

Do you still want Zack Snyder to direct this?

If not, who is your choice for director for the sequel?

At this point I'm up for Tim Burton & Nic Cage to take over from here.

Get Zack Snyder away from Superman , keeps trying the Jesus Allegories

Do you still want Zack Snyder to direct this?

If not, who is your choice for director for the sequel?

One of the main reasons why I thoroughly enjoyed MoS and BvS is because of Snyder's directing style is taylor fitted to comic book movies.

My main criticisms are the plot elements and pacing.

So, I hope DC keeps Snyder onboard for MoS2, have Affleck direct and star in a seperate Batman flick, and delay the Justice League film a few years.

What would be cool is if Lex Luthor was the villain...

I liked Man of Steel, I also like Henry Cavill as Superman. Just no Zack Snyder and i'm cool with it.

only watching this once it's out on netflix or bonus super extended 30 minute never before seen footage directors did i mention never been seen before cut.

Good, make Brainiac or Dark Seid the villain, Luthor can fuck off.

I didn't mind the first one. Wasn't by any means the best. But think they can fix it up..

lol at you idiots who think zack snyder is the problem

Wake the fuck up

Back