Man Lives on Raw Meat for 5+ Years

So you are basically saying you have zero evidence to back up your claim? I'm not going to call you a liar but it sure seems like you are just blowing smoke up everyone's ass. Just link one article so we can educate ourselves.

Fine, if you wanted some sources, you got them. I got sources from mixed evidences, so take from what you want.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=raw-veggies-are-healthier

http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/sit...activities/the_raw_truth_about_raw_foods.html

http://www.drfuhrman.com/faq/question.aspx?sid=16&qindex=4

http://www.beyondveg.com/tu-j-l/raw-cooked/raw-cooked-2f.shtml

Tempted to neg this ********** into the deep red.

awesome articles. you read any of them? perhaps the very first sentence of the very first link?

Just to help the guy out:

"Cooking is crucial to our diets. It helps us digest food without expending huge amounts of energy. It softens food, such as cellulose fiber and raw meat, that our small teeth, weak jaws and digestive systems aren't equipped to handle. And while we might hear from raw foodists that cooking kills vitamins and minerals in food (while also denaturing enzymes that aid digestion), it turns out raw vegetables are not always healthier."

"What about the claim that cooking destroys nutrients? Applying heat can reduce nutritional values, especially in delicate fruits with sensitive vitamins. In some cases, however, it has the opposite effect. In fact, some researchers believe that if people had not learned to cook some 500,000 years ago, they might not have learned much else since then"

"Recent studies confirm that the body absorbs much more of the beneficial anti-cancer compounds (carotenoids and phytochemicals—especially lutein and lycopene) from cooked vegetables compared with raw. "

awesome articles. you read any of them? perhaps the very first sentence of the very first link?

Did you read them all? Or did you just read a little bit of the first one and came back like a smart ass? Read them all my friend, you'll get you're answers hopefully.

"The downside of cooking veggies, Liu says: it can destroy the vitamin C in them. He found that vitamin C levels declined by 10 percent in tomatoes cooked for two minutes—and 29 percent in tomatoes that were cooked for half an hour at 190.4 degrees F (88 degrees C). The reason is that Vitamin C, which is highly unstable, is easily degraded through oxidation, exposure to heat (it can increase the rate at which vitamin C reacts with oxygen in the air) and through cooking in water (it dissolves in water)."

Did y'all forget that was in the 1st article as well? Quit being bias and just read the articles.

"The downside of cooking veggies, Liu says: it can destroy the vitamin C in them. He found that vitamin C levels declined by 10 percent in tomatoes cooked for two minutes—and 29 percent in tomatoes that were cooked for half an hour at 190.4 degrees F (88 degrees C). The reason is that Vitamin C, which is highly unstable, is easily degraded through oxidation, exposure to heat (it can increase the rate at which vitamin C reacts with oxygen in the air) and through cooking in water (it dissolves in water)."

Did y'all forget that was in the 1st article as well?

no, did you forget "an associate professor of food science at Cornell University who has researched lycopene, says that it may be an even more potent antioxidant than vitamin C", "study published in The British Journal of Nutrition last year found that a group of 198 subjects who followed a strict raw food diet had normal levels of vitamin A and relatively high levels of beta-carotene (an antioxidant found in dark green and yellow fruits and vegetables), but low levels of the antioxidant lycopene"

how about "the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry in 2002 showed that cooking carrots increases their level of beta-carotene."

This if your claim:

"It's actually a lot healthier to eat your meat and vegetables raw. Just to let you know, as the original humans didn't cook there food."

Your articles do not back up that claim. They state that cooking is healthy and necessary in vegetables. They don't even mention meat. And as for "original humans" they say that we needed cooking to get where we are today.

Have you ever considered becoming an idiot professionally?

Which brings me to my original point that i had said over and over again, i never said cooked food would kill you. My original point was that cooking food does take some nutrients out, and it's more then just vitamin c that gets lost in cooking, if you would actually look through all the articles and read them. All of them even stated that while cooking has advantages, the disadvantages are the lost of some nutrition. That's all i was trying to say.

This if your claim:

"It's actually a lot healthier to eat your meat and vegetables raw. Just to let you know, as the original humans didn't cook there food."

Your articles do not back up that claim. They state that cooking is healthy and necessary in vegetables. They don't even mention meat. And as for "original humans" they say that we needed cooking to get where we are today.

Have you ever considered becoming an idiot professionally?

Easy now buddy, no need for the name calling over the computer now. If you read the articles they would show that both of us are right in some way, cooking does kill nutrition in some way, and it has is advantages as well. We can leave it at that.

http://www.drfuhrman.com/faq/question.aspx?sid=16&qindex=4

"in my 15 years of medical practice catering to the community of natural food enthusiasts, raw foodists and natural hygienists, I have seen many people who weakened their health on such raw food, vegan diets. Frequent fungal skin and nail infections, poor dentition, hair loss and muscular wasting are common on such fruit-based diets.

Unfortunately, sloppy science prevails in the raw-food movement."

"Only small amounts of nutrients are lost with conservative cooking like making a soup, but many more nutrients are made more absorbable. These nutrients would have been lost if those vegetables had been consumed raw"

"Recent studies confirm that the body absorbs much more of the beneficial anti-cancer compounds (carotenoids and phytochemicals

Which brings me to my original point that i had said over and over again, i never said cooked food would kill you. My original point was that cooking food does take some nutrients out, and it's more then just vitamin c that gets lost in cooking, if you would actually look through all the articles and read them. All of them even stated that while cooking has advantages, the disadvantages are the lost of some nutrition. That's all i was trying to say.

That wasn't your claim. You said it was ""It's actually a lot healthier to eat your meat and vegetables raw"

Nice to see you're now backing down from that claim and now admitting that there are only some losses of some nutrients from cooking and some significant advantages.

So we've covered vegetables and you've come round to the scientific view it would appear.

So what about the meat part of your claim? Any links for that?

That's nice of you to only quote the things you want people to see from the article.

"Overall vitamin losses due to cooking are relatively modest. While there are a few inconsistencies in the above tables due likely to differing samples, globally we see that, on average, cooking does destroy vitamins, but the consequences are not catastrophic. Average vitamin losses after correction for water loss range from about 10 to 25% in most cases. Also, vitamin losses correlate with what our textbook by Kreutler et al. [1987] said, but not precisely, so obviously heat is only one of the many factors which affect vitamin content."

You don't know the difference between there and their, then and than, your and you're.

Seriously are you like 12 years old?

More importantly, your point was that eating raw foods is healthier than cooking it. There are a few foods where this is actually true. For the majority of foods, however, this statement is patently false.

Just shut up and give it up. These vegetarians seem like the stupidest people in all of our threads. I wonder if there is causation as well as correlation?

You don't know the difference between there and their, then and than, your and you're.

Seriously are you like 12 years old?

More importantly, your point was that eating raw foods is healthier than cooking it. There are a few foods where this is actually true. For the majority of foods, however, this statement is patently false.

Just shut up and give it up. These vegetarians seem like the stupidest people in all of our threads. I wonder if there is causation as well as correlation?

Nice to met you to. :wink:

That's nice of you to only quote the things you want people to see from the article.

i am refuting what you said earlier: "It's actually a lot healthier to eat your meat and vegetables raw."
i have done this by demonstrating, using the articles you posted, the body absorbs much more of the beneficial anti-cancer compounds from cooked vegetables compared with raw, beta-carotene is increased when steaming or roasting (and many more nutrients are made more absorbable), our brains growing, etc. you have not shown that my info is wrong

i am sure including raw food in your diet is great, no argument there. but the claim you made on the first page is a fallacy

Perhaps my claims were getting a bit overboard, but the yes, there's benefits in cooked food and raw food. Now since millions years of evolution, we can now safely eat cooked food. But it is true that the original humans did not cook and ate raw food.

Last edited:
Perhaps my claims were getting a bit overboard, but the yes, there's benefits in cooked food and raw food. Now since millions years of evolution, we can now safely eat cooked food. But it is true that the original humans did not cook and ate raw food.

This was your first post in this thread:

Although i don't eat meat, there have been studies showing that cooking your food actually kills important nutrition and actually make it more harmful. It's actually a lot healthier to eat your meat and vegetables raw. Just to let you know, as the original humans didn't cook there food.

You see this underlined part up there where you wrote:

It's actually a lot healthier to eat your meat and vegetables raw.

That's a pretty bold fucking statement. People called you on it and asked you to back it up. Which you attempted to do, poorly, with data that in no way corroborated your claim.

If you had said, 'Some foods are healthier raw as opposed to cooked', no one would have batted an eyelid.

Time to just admit your initial statement was incorrect.

Ok ok ok, i'm willing to admit i'm wrong, and my initial statement was wrong. However, i did make a point that cooking your food can kill some nutrients and vitamins, and that original humans did eat raw food. At least we can agree on that.

Back