Man just imagine this Magny win had he also beaten Maia

Lol but he didn't, Maia pretty much exposed why he doesn't belong in there with Top 10 opponents.

The guys top wins are middle of the pack guys at best, and theyre ugly fights at that.

Would be a 9 fight winning streak over 1 and a half years. 8 of 9 still pretty good of course, but man it's just too bad.

honestly, ill be the first to admit that i never EVER thought magny would take his skills this far.. I honestly say he is the most impressive fighter right beside donald cerrone for their frequency of fights and wins. He could take it to any fighter in the division with cleaned up jiu jitsu

I've been a longtime fan and I hope he goes on another win streak, Maia was too big of a step up for him. He might never be a top 5 guy, but I'll always appreciate his willingness to fight and step up on short notice.

But he didn't. He lost quickly and handily the moment he fought an elite WW.

Silva, I thought, would do the same but I've now decided to never back Erick to win unless he's fighting a Brazilian jobber who signed a short-notice contract.

Still surprised that Maia was allowed to fight with that Staph infection tbh

It was a good loss for him. He actually was looking past Maia. I like Magny but it sounds like it was the perfect time for a reality check. He keeps improving and who knows but he's not ready for the big boys yet. Still, gotta love how he is approaching his career.

Yeah I'm not buying that, there's no way his camp looked past a guy who has dominated nearly every WW he has fought. You can bet your bottom dollar they focused on TDD and escapes back to standing, but Maia is just in another league to Magny. I'm almost certain that if they fight again, Maia crushes him again, and that Magny is just telling himself that he looked past Maia for the sake of his own ego.

Last edited:
He finishes 50 percent of his fight. Not that great of a finish percentage, but not that bad compared to other fighters either.

Who has he finished?? Anytime he is in there with above avg comp he takes no chances

Back