Man follows ex-girlfriend into Denny's bathroom, shoots her in the face, claims "stand your ground"

JosephDredd

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
http://www.bnd.com/news/nation-world/national/article94775237.html

In South Florida, the state’s controversial self-defense law known as “Stand Your Ground” has been invoked for acts of violence in backyards, parking lots, sidewalks, a college campus, even a boat.

Now one North Miami man claims he stood his ground and shot an unarmed ex-lover — inside the women’s bathroom at Denny’s.

Sean Barnes will ask a judge on Wednesday to dismiss an attempted murder charge, claiming his ex-girlfriend, Brooke Tuchinksy, appeared to “grab a shiny object” from her purse after he followed her into the restroom at the North Miami diner in August 2013.

Barnes shot her once in the face. Tuchinsky had no weapon. Detectives found her purse closed.

Tuchinsky is still alive.

She had a long history of domestic strife, including two ex-boyfriends filing for restraining orders against her, court records show.

One accused her of setting his patio furniture on fire. Another accused her of stalking him, vandalizing his car and hacking into his Facebook account.

Barnes, a bartender, met Tuchinsky met at Billly’s Pub, a well-known watering hole next to the North Miami police station. After their relationship fizzled, each filed a restraining order against the other.

She claimed Barnes threatened her with a gun. In her petition, Tuchinsky said Barnes told her: “I bought a new gun and would love to use it on you and make it look like an accident or self-defense.”

Barnes, in his petition, claimed he had to change his phone number more than 10 times because of her harassing phones calls and text messages. He believed she was behind his mother’s slashed tires and hacks into his social media accounts.

lol at bold part. So crazy it could be true, but I doubt it. Unless he is that crazy.

His defense does not outline exactly what the threat was — or why Barnes, if he felt threatened, did not leave the restaurant or stay at the table. Instead, he followed her into the restroom “ to see what Tuchinsky was preparing to do.”

“At this moment, he saw Tuchinsky reach for her purse and grab a shiny object which he perceived to be a deadly weapon.”

Barnes, who had a concealed weapons permit, took out his pistol and fired one round at her face, breaking her jaw.

“Barnes pushed open the door with a crazy look on her face and he shot her,” according to a police report. “Tuchinsky advised that she was not armed with any weapons and did not know why Barnes shot her in the face.”

This could have easily been avoided, I think.

Im sure the jury of his peers will sort it out.

Some jackass also just shot his 11 year old daughter for scaring him from his sleep in the mid day. And some police officer killed a 73 year old woman during a hands up don't shoot mock scenario roleplay.
This shit never happens here lol

Isn't this the point where we say she deserved it because she was a thug with a history of violence.

Some jackass also just shot his 11 year old daughter for scaring him from his sleep in the mid day. And some police officer killed a 73 year old woman during a hands up don't shoot mock scenario roleplay.
This shit never happens here lol

wtf

If the men's bathroom was still for men and the women's was still for womens this wouldn't have happened....

Well I'm sure that he'll walk, don't need proof or anything. Just claim stand your ground and be out of jail in time to meet the cops for some burgers, some beers, a few laughs. Fuckin troubles are over dude.

Laughable invocation of Stand Your Ground in the provided context.

And a lot of rapist say the sex was consensual.

That stupid shit doesn't work also.

You can claim anything you want that doesn't mean you will get away with it.

And liberals say nothing bad will happen if we let men into the women's room...

If you're following someone then it's completely unreasonable for them to see you as a threat. So any response from them, other than capitulation, is a justification to shoot them.

Don't assume his pronouns you disgusting bigot.

Damn it. I was laying a trap to ambush someone with "How do you know, DID YOU ASK HIM HOW HE IDENTIFIES?!?!?!? And it backfired on me.

I think the Pistorius method is a lot smarter...

Shoot your wife or girlfriend through the door of your own bathroom. Then claim you thought she was an intruder.

In a dark way, that's pretty fucking genius.

I think the Pistorius method is a lot smarter...

Shoot your wife or girlfriend through the door of your own bathroom. Then claim you thought she was an intruder.

In a dark way, that's pretty fucking genius.

You hear dude tried to hang himself? Just couldn't stand life I guess. After the murder, it really cut his legs out from under him.

Back