Man drowned while playing a game of “Who can stay underwater the longest,”

Guybrush gonna feel like shit about winning this

Hope he enjoys his victory

Smh

What weird crowd.

So they have a contest and while one is trying to hold his breath the rest of the party just went about their business?

Sounds more like a prank gone bad looks like they were just joking about the contest until this gullible man really went for it.

Back in the day a fell for a "run up the hill" game at a party they started talking about this game of who can run fastest up hill and one of my buddies had his stop watch ready and just like that I told him time me I will go first so I started running and they just went on drinking and eating while I run up the muddy hill like a fool.

When I got back they were just chilling and I asked so who should go next? They just said nah we would rather eat and get wasted.

If there was 15 of you pretty easy to not notice someone's missing.

And he wasn't missing long, they got him out in 7 minutes.

If there was 15 of you pretty easy to not notice someone's missing.

And he wasn't missing long, they got him out in 7 minutes.

7 minutes is long enough for me I easily get bored.

"The group of 15 men didn’t realize Bunsa hadn’t gotten out of the water at first. Thinking he was already back at the house, they went up to find him, authorities said."

so 14 guys thought that they had held their breaths for so long that

one guy lost,

got out of the water,

got tired of waiting for them to come up for air,

and walked back to the house.

the story checks out.

What a stupid way to go. RIP

His friends did say he always choked during the big events.

Thread title should read: Man WON playing game ‘who can stay under water the longest’

Technically he might have still lost if he gasped for breath and drowned while one of his buddies was still holding his breath.

I'm taking back the trophy and holding in dispute.

Why isn’t it titled, “Man wins ‘who can stay underwater the longest’ game.”?

I had contests like this as a kid. Doing it when there are a group of people that should be concerned for your safety or at least aware of whether or not you have surfaced isn't as dumb as people are making it sound.

What a “drowner”, some people just love to suck all the air out of a party!

Probably not as hard as you would think. It's not necessarily blacking out from lack of oxygen, but according to this article, "the drop in partial pressure of oxygen in arterial blood gas". I used to swim laps underwater but I'm too freaked out to do it now. There's a Sherdogger who lost his brother like this actually.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna362786
First thing I thought of as well. Don't claim to know the science behind it, but it basically seems like it's possible to circumvent your warning system that lets you know you're running out of air. You lose consciousness instantly and that's it.

I had contests like this as a kid. Doing it when there are a group of people that should be concerned for your safety or at least aware of whether or not you have surfaced isn't as dumb as people are making it sound.
It's still a pretty bad idea, because the second you go out your lungs fill with water. People have been immediately removed from the water and given CPR and still died. High risk, zero reward.

Back