Law Man charged with rape of 10 year old after right wing called it fake news

Well, when you have partisan hacks believing everything these scummy politicians say at face value you have these kind of issues.

Is it too hard to say "Welp i guess the law needs some fixing, we are going to implement an exception for teenagers and rape victims" nope, they can't be wrong so they will slander others.

I asked my father if he would have risked performing this abortion and he laughed in my face.

He said the state has lost it's mind and he'd absolutely expect it to lean in the wrong direction to prove a point.

Here's some more depressing news.

S.99 - Life at Conception Act of 2021

Yes.

The same AG who went on Fox News and said he intended to investigate the doctor for failing to report the rape, when the doctor actually had done so.
The same AG who failed to explain how, under Ohio's very vague law, this girl, (whom his office never had performed a medical examination on, so it's unclear how he is certain she would meet the medical necessity required to be exempt) would not have any who helped her avoid prosecution.
And the same AG who is currently lying about how Trump had the election stolen from him.

Can you see how someone would be skeptical, and not willing to risk significant jail time by helping the poor girl? Can you not be skeptical when the AG only came out with his guarantee of it being legal, after the story broke and it was no longer and issue and his office was facing a public backlash for such a terrible law in the first place?

It boggles the mind that anyone would recommend the doctor just go for it, and trust the liars in charge, while simultaneously failing to actually quote the clear exception they think exists.

Either admit it's a poorly drafted law, or point to us the language you think guarantees a non-prosecution. Because as a former ADA, I can tell you that vagueness exists. It isn't clear that a 10-year old, just by virtue of being so young, would clearly fall within the medical necessity exception. Here is the relevant portion of the law, and one that the doctor would have to argue around to avoid going to jail:
"Medical necessity" means a medical condition of a pregnant woman that, in the reasonable judgment of the physician who is attending the woman, so complicates the pregnancy that it necessitates the immediate performance or inducement of an abortion.

As a former prosecutor, I could see one easily arguing both the "so complicates," and "immediate," language of that law. And all I would have to do, is put a different doctor on the stand to argue otherwise. Any doctor that was willing to say that the girl, despite being 10, may have been able to carry the fetus to term. Or, even if there was doubt, that the risk was not "immediate." And if a prosecutor was so inclined, then a doctor who went ahead with the procedure has her fate left in the hands of the jury.

You cannot reasonably expect all the people involved to take such a risk, especially given how dishonest said AG has been throughout this process. So instead of asking the citizens of Ohio to just trust him, how about concede that the law needs to be re-written, and maybe include more clear language. It need be no more complicated than a line like, "A medical necessity shall be presumed to exist if the mother is less than X-years of age."
I know and heard most that stuff and wasn’t sure. It became a outrage partisan talking point on both sides. Has that doctor did that before even though the law is vague along others I’m sure and that’s a good defense but I get what you are saying. The fact the raper
Is a illegal and the media went out of their way to hide that is weird. If he’s a Trump fan not a big deal but if he’s yelling the election is stolen that’s problematic. Then again AG are political positions right ? You still in law or did you move on? I hope everything is good with you as always homie, I have not seen you post much as of late. I’m thinking of going to Iraq for work we will see.

My point was that if, IF that doctor had chosen to perform the abortion there is zero chance she'd have faced any actual repercussions. Not that she should have, etc.

Yeah, but that's still a felony, you can't possibly argue that doctors should have to have better judgment in whether to commit a felony or not.

Specially when the solution would be to simply rewrite the law to make exceptions for rape.

I know and heard most that stuff and wasn’t sure. It became a outrage partisan talking point on both sides.

No man, this isn't a bothsides issue, this is a clear case of a fucking backwards talibanesque law having real repercussions on real people and Ohio Republicans being horrible human beings for not only passing such an awful law but also refusing to rewrite it to put proper exceptions.

Has that doctor did that before even though the law is vague along others I’m sure and that’s a good defense but I get what you are saying. The fact the raper

The law isn't vague, it specifically points out what the exceptions are and the steps necessary to reach said exception, most doctors won't be jumping through the hoops when they can easily deny services or recommend patients to go out of State to perform the procedure.

Is a illegal and the media went out of their way to hide that is weird.

How is the legal status of the rapist relevant to anything? the media didn't hide that fact by not talking about it.

If he’s a Trump fan not a big deal but if he’s yelling the election is stolen that’s problematic.

Because he is the fucking AG, if the AG is spreading conspiracy theories, its a big fucking issue man.

Then again AG are political positions right ? You still in law or did you move on? I hope everything is good with you as always homie, I have not seen you post much as of late. I’m thinking of going to Iraq for work we will see.

AG is the AG, he isn't supposed to use his office for partisan issues.

Yeah, but that's still a felony, you can't possibly argue that doctors should have to have better judgment in whether to commit a felony or not.

Specially when the solution would be to simply rewrite the law to make exceptions for rape.

No again, I wasn't saying she "should have" done it. I was saying IF she had, she would not have been charged. I realize her not risking it makes sense.

I know and heard most that stuff and wasn’t sure. It became a outrage partisan talking point on both sides.

Yeah, but I think one side has a bit more to be outraged about for this one.

Has that doctor did that before even though the law is vague along others I’m sure and that’s a good defense but I get what you are saying.

Pretty sure this is the first type case in Ohio since Roe got overturned. Or at least the first I've heard about.

The fact the raper Is a illegal and the media went out of their way to hide that is weird.

I didn't catch that. I think the story of the rape broke first from the doctor in Indiana filing the report. It only broke at the guy was an illegal once the cops arrested him and notified the public. Don't recall any media going out of there way to avoid that fact after it broke.

If he’s a Trump fan not a big deal but if he’s yelling the election is stolen that’s problematic. Then again AG are political positions right ?

Yeah, so I get his rhetoric. But I also think that could play into the fear of getting prosecuted. The guys been pretty vocal about cracking down on it hard, even going on Fox News in primetime to say he'd investigate and charge the doctor if she failed to report it within the timeline (she did).

You still in law or did you move on?

Still practicing in the exciting field of Maritime insurance. Pandemic slowed work for a bit, then the fiasco at the ports picked it back up again. Trying to get a passive income stream going with an idea or two, so I can leave this stuff behind.

I hope everything is good with you as always homie, I have not seen you post much as of late.

Thanks man. Yeah, when work hits, it hits, and I tend to take off from here for a bit. Hope all is well on your end.
I’m thinking of going to Iraq for work we will see.

No shit? More security work? What's it like over there now? Is there still a large American presence? Stay safe, and let me know what you end up doing.

Yeah, but I think one side has a bit more to be outraged about for this one.

Pretty sure this is the first type case in Ohio since Roe got overturned. Or at least the first I've heard about.

I didn't catch that. I think the story of the rape broke first from the doctor in Indiana filing the report. It only broke at the guy was an illegal once the cops arrested him and notified the public. Don't recall any media going out of there way to avoid that fact after it broke.

Yeah, so I get his rhetoric. But I also think that could play into the fear of getting prosecuted. The guys been pretty vocal about cracking down on it hard, even going on Fox News in primetime to say he'd investigate and charge the doctor if she failed to report it within the timeline (she did).

Still practicing in the exciting field of Maritime insurance. Pandemic slowed work for a bit, then the fiasco at the ports picked it back up again. Trying to get a passive income stream going with an idea or two, so I can leave this stuff behind.

Thanks man. Yeah, when work hits, it hits, and I tend to take off from here for a bit. Hope all is well on your end.

No shit? More security work? What's it like over there now? Is there still a large American presence? Stay safe, and let me know what you end up doing.

good points, I think in in OP article no mention of an illegal I saw in a few others it will mention just a a man. So it make sense they hide that because of politics and border policies and that right wing News would point that out. So was there a law passed in Ohio right after Roe overturn ?

Glad you are busy and doing your work thing man nice and yea security in Iraq, still a big presence there. You got your eye on 2024 that you like for dems or independent? Right now ( you probably disagree lol) I’m liking DeSantis. I have said many many times I don’t want Trump to run just go retire.

What if I told you the rapist was an illegal immigrant?

Suddenly it's a OK to use a personal tragedy to win an internet argument!
It’s horrific that a child has been raped. It’s even more horrific when that rapist is present illegally and an absolutely relevant point to raise. And furthermore, abortion was absolutely available to the girl legally but because of the agenda driven leftist media, there may have been a perception by some that it wasn’t. This is the moral depravity and dishonesty of the MSM and the leftists who ring in that echo chamber.

It’s horrific that a child has been raped. It’s even more horrific when that rapist is present illegally and an absolutely relevant point to raise. And furthermore, abortion was absolutely available to the girl legally but because of the agenda driven leftist media, there may have been a perception by some that it wasn’t. This is the moral depravity and dishonesty of the MSM and the leftists who ring in that echo chamber.

What a sick comparison. You really think illegal immigration is MORE horrific than rape? We can probably agree that illegal immigration isn't a good thing but most who come here illegally are doing it to improve their lives and are terrified of getting in trouble and deported. On the other than hand, rape is 100% evil and it leaves the victim completely traumatized. What a vile post to even suggest this is worse than rape.

What a sick comparison. You really think illegal immigration is MORE horrific than rape? We can probably agree that illegal immigration isn't a good thing but most who come here illegally are doing it to improve their lives and are terrified of getting in trouble and deported. On the other than hand, rape is 100% evil and it leaves the victim completely traumatized. What a vile post to even suggest this is worse than rape.
How weird that you’d interpret my post in such a way. Smh…..

https://nypost.com/2022/07/15/mom-of-10-year-old-ohio-girl-who-got-abortion-defends-rapist/

Well, the mom is saying that the guy who admitted to raping her daughter didn't do it so there's that.

Odds that he's the mom's man and she's defending him vs odds that he's truly innocent and was railroaded into a confession?

So the abortionist listed the 27 yr old rapist as a minor in her report that she sent to the authorities.

I'm guessing the mom was lying in that case also? God, this poor girl had to live with her rapist after because those that should have protected her did not.

The girl's family was advised by local medical authorities that the abortion was not available. That's why they traveled to a different state, not for shits and giggles or to score "points for the libs."

Now after the fact, GOP politicians are trying to save face by saying, "Oh, well TECHINCALLY she didn't have to leave the state..."

All the while ignoring the fact that they wrote the FUCKING STUPID law that created the issue in the first place.

Instead of owning up to their role in the situation, right wingers are now splitting hairs about legality and blaming the victim. Typical.

Right now, in Indiana, which currently has far less restrictive laws than Ohio on the matter, the AG has publicly said he's going after the doctor that performed the abortion, basically trying to find anything that can stick. The provider in Ohio was smart to forward it to Indiana, regardless of what they might say after the fact. If you want to have faith in extremists and prosecutors, who tend to care more about conviction rates than justice, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Isn't Indiana AG the one that questioned if the dr reported the rape properly?

Please tell me English isn't your first language, because that's not what he said at all.... lol

Back