Man, 145 and 155 is a mess...

dmc

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Its like who is #1 contender, who is Interim champ, who is real Champ...Conor obviously won 155 title just 5 weeks ago, and will be out till early/late spring....So in meantime...

Someone has to fight for no.1 contender at 155lb...And someone has to fight at 145lb for title...

It's not a mess at all. Fights are still being made and i am enjoying them.

Aldo has stifled both divisions with his crap. Especially at 145. He has ducked Holloway for a year and that could have been settled where one belt holder would be there. Aldo still won't fight him.

155 is not a mess. Conor just got the belt, and a few months off is fair for him after being so active.

Ferguson and Khabib will agree to the fight I'm sure, and winner will fight for the belt next.

UNLESS

the UFC is smart and does Conor/Cowboy instead who is way more deserving.

No reason for it to be. Aldo/Max and Khabib/Ferg are the clear matches to make.

Not that big of a deal. There are plenty of fights to keep us entertained. There is no hurry to figure out either division.

125 should be folded into 135. 155 is fine.

Lot's of good fights that are almost meaningless because of the two belt thingy. Even with Conor being stripped doesn't sit well with fans or the fighters.

Add into the mix that there are a small handful of fighters that want to face Conor for the first time, or again, and there is no end in sight for this strange pile up.

Best to just sit back and enjoy the fights because nothing is going to be resolved any time soon.

You got Aldo, Holloway, Khabib, Ferguson, Diaz...etc...And now you have Injuries and whatever else going...In the meantime you have PPVs coming up...Someone has to fight to save 208 and 209...

Its like everyone is waiting for Conor to return. Whats he supposed to do fight them all in one effin night. People need to forget about Conor right now...

Hell, even WW is kind of confusing...

Aldo has stifled both divisions with his crap. Especially at 145. He has ducked Holloway for a year and that could have been settled where one belt holder would be there. Aldo still won't fight him.

155 is not a mess. Conor just got the belt, and a few months off is fair for him after being so active.

Ferguson and Khabib will agree to the fight I'm sure, and winner will fight for the belt next.

UNLESS

the UFC is smart and does Conor/Cowboy instead who is way more deserving.
You do know Max is the 1 that pulled out of the fight with Aldo right ?

Conor has single handedly fucked up the stability & sense making of both divisions.

It's so funny to me when Dana said he's taking time off because his girlfriend is pregnant and gets stressed when he fights...
Oh yeah like other fighters wives aren't pregnant and stressed when they're husbands/boyfriends are fighting.

Silly me I forgot McQuitter is special:)

Is what happens when Conor gets to call his shots and the true top contenders don't fight for the title. It's bull. Glad the UFC is a mess for it.

It's not all about the belts, MMA is finally getting to the point where it's the fights and matchmaking that matter. That IMO is a huge step that to this point hasn't really been true.

I feel like the two divisions may have a shared variable causing this mess you speak of.

Khabib, Diaz, Aldo and Tony, all getting title fights? WOW, real Legit there UFC.

There's great fights to be made...But when you have "injuries", and fighters not wanting to fight...it is screwed

Conor deserves a small break, so he isn't even in the picture....

Back