Malignaggi vs Judah: Trout vs Lara, Bika vs Dirrell added to SHO broadcast

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
It looks like we'll have a tripleheader from Showtime on December 7, with Paulie Malignaggi facing Zab Judah in the main event.

Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer has told Fight Hype that the Malignaggi-Judah fight for December 7 on Showtime has been finalized, and that there are two undercard bouts set for the TV broadcast.

In one fight, we'll see Austin Trout face Erislandy Lara in a matchup of 154-pound contenders, which had been rumored for September 14 but didn't come through. Trout (26-1, 14 KO) lost his WBA "regular" title to Canelo Alvarez on April 20 in San Antonio in his last fight, but that came after a win over Miguel Cotto in December 2012.

Lara (18-1-2, 12 KO) last fought on June 8, stopping Alfredo Angulo in the 10th round. That's been his only fight in 2013. In 2012, he went 2-0-1, beating Ronald Hearns and Freddy Hernandez easily before going to a dull technical draw with Vanes Martirosyan.

Also on the show, Sakio Bika will defend the WBC super middleweight title against Anthony Dirrell. Bika (32-5-2, 21 KO) won the belt on June 22, beating Marco Antonio Periban for the vacant championship, which had been stripped from Andre Ward. Dirrell (26-0, 22 KO) easily stopped Anthony Hanshaw in July in his last fight.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2013/10/...ah-trout-vs-lara-bika-vs-dirrell-added-to-sho

Malignaggi vs Judah is a very interesting fight, I'll go with a Malignaggi UD as an early prediction.

I think Judah wins. He looks good when he isn't fighting scared, which doesn't seem often.

Good to see a Dirrell in a big fight for once.

Judah wins via more punching power. Both have same speed but Paulie more output.

Situation beats Zab, Lara beats trout, dirrell beats bika.

Trout Vs. Lara? Watching this for sure.

Situation beats Zab, Lara beats trout, dirrell beats bika.

Fully agree although i believe most ppl on here will be going the other way as Paulie and Lara aren't too liked around here and for some reason Bika is highly praised. Damn good fight card and looking forward to it

Solid card, Paulie and Lara should win.

Fully agree although i believe most ppl on here will be going the other way as Paulie and Lara aren't too liked around here and for some reason Bika is highly praised. Damn good fight card and looking forward to it

Quality of the card is the important thing and this will deliver.

I don't know about the Lara/Trout fight. Even a pure boxing match it has the chance to just be a ugly fight with both guys just trying stay on the outside.

Paulie should beat Zab. He looks to be at his best right now. Even in the Broner fight he kept close and gave Broner problems. So I hope Paulie wins and gets Truman next.

Can't wait to see Darrell back in the ring. If he is on, it could be a easy night for him, if not, it could be a early night for him.

Last edited:
I hope Trout vs. Lara sticks, was bummed when that was just a squashed rumor.

Lara vs trout sounds like a pretty boring fight.

Lara vs trout sounds like a pretty boring fight.

I'm actually looking forward to that one. Judah vs. Malignaggi is a good one too imo. Interesting to see how Dirrell looks too. All in all, I'll definitely watch these fights.

Speaking of Lara, whats the latest with Martirosyan?

Back