Malignaggi vs hatton

i think a lot could again depend on the ref

malignaggi is probably the better boxer on the outside .

hattan and his camp have been saying all week that they want to go back to basics and boxing juan lascano on the outside . it wull be interesting to see if its all talk or will we see the hatton of old

I'm not sure if Paulie is slick enough to beat Hatton because he won't get any of the elite's attention with his power.

He hasn't looked all too good in his previous two fights, but if Paulie shows up to box (and not fight), he will give Ricky a VERY hard time and might even squeak out a split decision. I think he has all the tools to beat him, it's just a matter of using them.

I see Hatton taking this pretty decisively. Paulies tough as nails so I dont see any stoppage going down here but there is no way those featherfists can keep Hatton off.

Hatton will likely take a comfortable and possibly wide decision.

I was not impressed one bit in Paulie's last fight. I think Hatton wins by a late TKO.

ESPN replayed his fight with Tackie. What a world of a difference between how he fought then and how he fought saturday.

No.

I enjoy watchingMalignaggi fight but Hatton will beat him. Wide decision or TKO.

Malignaggi will look good for a round or two, Hatton will land a big shot and MAlignaggi will run in terror and either get caught or lose big on points.

Cotto ruined MAlignaggi.

You like watching Mallinaggi?? I hate watching a fight where I know there is no chance of the guy getting the KO.

I like Hatton and Malignaggi, but both of them havent performed very well recently. I imagine if they square off Ricky will end up winning a close decision, throwing more punches and fighting on the inside.
Sad to say it but this fight has lost a lot of luster, I get the feeling a guy like Bradley is gonna come along and beat whoever wins this one.

Seriously... NO ONE wants to see Torres get it on with Hatton. There is more guarantee fireworks in that fight than Hatton taking on Malignaggi. KK, fucking make it happen.

I'm not sure if Paulie is slick enough to beat Hatton because he won't get any of the elite's attention with his power.

Thats basically it. He is slick but not slick enough to get away with that lack of power with the elite. Was he only a little bit more powerful he would be far more effective.

I actually think Witter is a worse opponent for Hatton but only in the sense that he has a chance of landing one of those looping bombs and might not lose by such a wide margin.

I like Hatton and Malignaggi, but both of them havent performed very well recently. I imagine if they square off Ricky will end up winning a close decision, throwing more punches and fighting on the inside.

I agree in as much as they havent looked great as of recent but Hatton looked ok in his last and did as well as he could have done while still being Ricky Hatton against Mayweather. His 'Hugman' problems upto that point came from a lack of dedication to training perhaps down to complacency. When he has a fire under his ass like the Mayweather bout when he was really up against it or on the comeback trail fighting infront of thousands of his hometown fans he comes in and looks good.

Unfortunately in Malinaggi you have a guy who looked awful last time out, has no punch power and is expected to lose. Hattons dedication demons could come out for this one which would be unfortunate becuase I believe an amped Hatton would beat even an amped Paulie decisively.

Sad to say it but this fight has lost a lot of luster, I get the feeling a guy like Bradley is gonna come along and beat whoever wins this one.

I dont think Bradley would pose problems for Hatton. When in with Witter he just confirmed what we all already suspected in that Witter cant work that awkward style if you close down the distance. He is a worldclass operator and worthy of a strap but I get the feeling that stylewise Hatton has his card. Its a good matchup though and I would rather see it over a Malinaggi bout.

Back