Male or Female R&B Singers

Cheese

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Which do you think sounds better or who do like to listen to more. I think male R&B singers have a better sound. Usher,R.Kelly,Al Green,Gaye,Etc...

But the females be killing it too. Mary J, Mariah, Aaliyah, Diana,etc..

I'd say I favor the male singers. Probably cause I'm a guy and the lyrics are from a male perspective. There have been some good females though.

[YT]SR1FwLnLp38[/YT]

Last edited by a moderator:
I like this one. Nice voice and the song rhythm and instrumentals sounds good.

[YT]SO7_6DgC-tU[/YT]

Last edited by a moderator:
Males have historically been the more popular and successful gender in R&B. The songs some of them have written are just amazing.

why should you have to choose? who cares who is singing as long as it sounds good.

it's impossible TS....

You have Marvin Gaye (Sexual Healing), then you have the Staple Singers (Do it Again)....even when the Theory of Everything is discovered this question will never be answered.

smh

i'm going with male. but confessions part 2 is probably one of the worst examples you can use for usher, and mary j blige is probably the most overrated r&b singer.

i'm going with male. but confessions part 2 is probably one of the worst examples you can use for usher, and mary j blige is probably the most overrated r&b singer.

i understand say there are better Usher songs out there( i just had that song in my head cause remebering that that LP went Diamond the other day) but I can't agree at all with what you say about Mary. I am a fan of her and that can't be changed, so we gonna just disagree on that.

I don't listen to either, but men win by far in quality. Though I listen to female pop singers more.

Back