Male average power during a punching motion was 162% greater than females

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, men have bigger and faster muscles and less fat at the same weight.

I thought we as a species knew this since like forever.

What's dumb is this is used as a reason to shit on women's sports.
This. Dudes who have the need to denigrate WMMA have some issues. While I don’t find it personally as entertaining as mens’ MMA, I don’t go out of my way to put them down. They’d still beat most of our asses. It’s kinda sad to see the woman bashing.

This is pretty contradictory to OP. But, pound for pound, this trained woman hits harder than this trained man. VERY hard to believe, but here it is none the less.

The male threw a straight punch, the female threw a hook. How has no one realized this? You generate more power with a hook than a cross.

The male threw a straight punch, the female threw a hook. How has no one realized this? You generate more power with a hook than a cross.

You're totally right. It's almost like some feminist SJWs tilted the experiment in the female's favor.

If it’s not taking power per pound of weight it doesn’t have much relevancy. I would expect it to be significant if we’re comparing men and women of the same weight just not THAT much

Compare weightlifting world records. The male and female weight classes aren't quite the same. Weightclasses were revised in 2018 so they're all new records so it might change a bit over time.
76kg women Snatch - 124kg, Clean & Jerk - 156kg, Total - 276kg
73kg men Snatch - 168kg, Clean & Jerk - 198kg, Total - 363kg

168/124 = 135% 198/156 = 127% 363/275 = 131.5%

Guess you're the disabled one because you're factually incorrect. Untrained men are stronger than trained women, even after accounting for bodyweight.
Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7253873/
"Results indicate that untrained men have greater upper and lower body strength than trained women athletes in terms of both absolute and relative strength"

Right, because strength > training/skill. :rolleyes:

Do you think an untrained 230lb man would beat a male LW because he is stronger?

Strikers have different power punches. Hendo has the looping h-bomb, Stipe has the straight right.

Strikers have different power punches. Hendo has the looping h-bomb, Stipe has the straight right.
Doesn't change the laws of physics. No striker has a jab stronger than his or her hook.

Right, because strength > training/skill. :rolleyes:

Do you think an untrained 230lb man would beat a male LW because he is stronger?
What are you going on about? I was talking purely about strength in untrained men compared to strength in female athletes and how we have studies that have come to clear conclusions. No one's talking about a big untrained "figher" vs a smaller trained fighter of the same sex but you....

You have to compare apples to apples. You can't compare a 2 to a 3 and call it a day.
I erred in my reply so I agree. I shouldn’t have said 2s. I should have said bombs from the power hand. The hook isn’t necessarily a stronger punch than the straight was my point. It’s fighter-dependent.

What the study means is that the average sherdogger would tko cyborg off the couch and knock her out cold with like a weeks worth of training.

Well it does say "average", we know that the average man is a pathetic out of shape beta and women are even more embarrassing.

Trained women shit on most men, Valentina may not beat elite level men but she sure as hell would wreck the majority of men on this planet.

123lbs female 545lbs deadlift, the only thing most Sherdoggers lift is their tv remote.

she s on PED, has a testosterone lvl of a man, she is not a woman.

It says alot about todays fucked up feminism when this is suprising, or even worth discussing..

<Huh2>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back