Maldonado promises a 'bloodbath'. says 'if 80% of the blood is mine, that's fine.'

Haha I completely forgot that Miocic fought Beltran in his UFC debut. In any case, I think Miocic has improved considerably since that fight and this fight won't be terribly competitive. Come to think of it, I remember Stipe beating Beltran pretty convincingly albeit not spectacularly.

Beltran won the last round, I think it would've been interesting if it had been a 5 round fight and I wouldn't have been surprised at all to see Beltran take it 48-47. Considering Maldonado's boxing, durability, endurance and how his own fight with Beltran looked, I again wouldn't be surprised to see him win a decision or even finish late here. It's not what I'm expecting but it really wouldn't be that crazy a result.

Beltran won the last round, I think it would've been interesting if it had been a 5 round fight and I wouldn't have been surprised at all to see Beltran take it 48-47. Considering Maldonado's boxing, durability, endurance and how his own fight with Beltran looked, I again wouldn't be surprised to see him win a decision or even finish late here. It's not what I'm expecting but it really wouldn't be that crazy a result.

It's MMA and anything is possible but I highly highly doubt he's going to have what it takes to put away a much larger man in Stipe. Also, the size discrepancy is going to be even greater than it was in the Beltran fight. While Beltran was a small heavyweight who belonged at LHW, Maldonado is a small LHW who likely belongs at MW. In fact, if you told me that Maldonado could make 170, I'd believe you. I think we're going to be dealing with a Tito/Shlemenko level size discrepancy here.

The Maldonado Award for Fucklessness

1big-brass.jpg

Miocic/Beltran was not close and this will be way worse

Poor maldonado, HW KO power is no joke

just imagine Maldonado against JDS or Mark Hunt... OMG

There is no shame.
Even lacking blood:
WAR St. Martyrnado!

I never met a fighter so confident in defeat. :icon_chee

He offered Braincells and possibly years off his life. What have you offered the Sanguine Lord?

Merely my soul. I can do no more. I acknowledge his dedication and sacrifice but decry his sermon prior to the fight.

Merely my soul. I can do no more. I acknowledge his dedication and sacrifice but decry his sermon prior to the fight.

I do not, for he stepped forward and attempted to bang (Bro), his desire to offer the blood was proven, and JBG was satisfied with the swift sacrifice.

Let us not attempt to judge St. Martyrnado or question what JBG claims of his faithful.

I do not, for he stepped forward and attempted to bang (Bro), his desire to offer the blood was proven, and JBG was satisfied with the swift sacrifice.

Let us not attempt to judge St. Martyrnado or question what JBG claims of his faithful.

His intent was unquestionable, of that there can be no doubt. The consummation was all too brief, and whilst JBG may be satisfied my seemingly heretical view is that I was not. Still, his bravery and recklessness is unmatched, and I will not engage in a bashing of his character or skills.

Back