Makwan Amirkhani: "Every other featherweight should be 'scared' of me"

T-city! Bring it on!

Ortega taps him. Would love to see it though, maybe Makwan can stay out of trouble enough to win a decision, but if Ortega snatched up a couple of guillotines like Wilkinson did, Makwan would be asleep quick.

I hate to knock off a contender without needing to but Almeida vs Amirkhani just sounds so awesome.

2 young hungry lions going in, one coming out with a loss.

Makwan is undefeated isn't he? Can't remember his record.

Man I thought this guy was legit.... sadly his last fight proved he won't get very far unless he works with some American or Russian grapplers. He's still got potential though.

Don't know what everyone is talking about him looking average. His movement on top was outstanding. This guy has a future if he can fight smart and not get knocked out.

I hate to knock off a contender without needing to but Almeida vs Amirkhani just sounds so awesome.

2 young hungry lions going in, one coming out with a loss.

Makwan is undefeated isn't he? Can't remember his record.

Mak undefeated in ufc but 2 mma losses. He is a featherweight and Almeida is a bantamweight..

Don't know what everyone is talking about him looking average. His movement on top was outstanding. This guy has a future if he can fight smart and not get knocked out.

See the fact he swept wilkinson so easily at times yet got swept himself shows he needs some work. I know the grappling at fw isn't incredible but a guy like skelly, bektic, bermudez, even Guida and Tavares will give him fits

eeeh, he looked quite average

He did well, did what needed to be done under his strengths.

Man I thought this guy was legit.... sadly his last fight proved he won't get very far unless he works with some American or Russian grapplers. He's still got potential though.

Don't worry he's with SBG now. He has KavaGOAT in his corner, he'll be choking out noobs like Demian Maia in no time.

Someone with a ground game higher than blue belt level would give him fits if he keeps shooting from a mile away. He's lucky he's being fed these Europeans who lack any sort of decent grappling.

Talented guy, but I think at this point anyone in the top 15 beats him, save maybe for Kawajiri because he's obviously washed up at this point.

They need to cut Kawajiri. All he does is try to hold onto people at this point. It's terrible.

He looked awful.

Feed him to Cub.

Oh come on! I didn't find his last fight all that exciting, but his top game is so legit and he was getting the TD at will .. Wilkinson just had enough ground defense to nullify his sub attempts.

They need to cut Kawajiri. All he does is try to hold onto people at this point. It's terrible.

As much as it pains me to say this, you're right. He got into the UFC way too late.

He would fill out Bellator's FW division nicely.

I would like to see him vs. Mirsad Bektic, but I don't think the UFC wants to derail one of them as future contenders.

Im a fan of Amirkhani but Bektic is a completely different type of prospect.

Amirkhani will be a fun fighter who hangs around the top 15 if he reaches his potential.
Bektic will be a top 10 guy at the very least but probably challenge for the title if he keeps improving.

Oh come on! I didn't find his last fight all that exciting, but his top game is so legit and he was getting the TD at will .. Wilkinson just had enough ground defense to nullify his sub attempts.

Wilkinson's nothing special, and has zero TDD. I don't think Mr. Finland ever cracks the top 5 with his skillset. Solid gatekeeper at best. This is just my opinion, sorry if you disagree.

Wilkinson's nothing special, and has zero TDD. I don't think Mr. Finland ever cracks the top 5 with his skillset. Solid gatekeeper at best. This is just my opinion, sorry if you disagree.

It's all good .. that is why we're here, to express our opinions. ;)

Mak undefeated in ufc but 2 mma losses. He is a featherweight and Almeida is a bantamweight..

Completely forgot Almeida was BW.

And is Makwan the one that claimed just before making his UFC debut that he has only been hit in the face clean 2 times in his entire MMA career? It's complete garbage but I couldn't remember if that was him.

Back