Making a Murderer Update - Brenden Dassey Conviction Overturned

This kid right here has 0 sympathy from me

If he is so fucking stupid that he lied to the cops and told them he did it then he deserves to be in prision

We dont need retards like this walking the streets

If he is so fucking stupid that he lied to the cops and told them he did it then he deserves to be in prision

Damn, bro!

The kid is stupid, that doesn't mean he deserves to spend the rest of his life in prison, though.

I'd like to read the judge's decision. I remember voting in a poll on here that only Steven was guilty of murder, and I still firmly believe that. I'd imagine the Federal judge had issues with the involuntariness of the confessions. Still, I think the evidence that Steven murdered the lady is incredibly overwhelming.

Edit: Found the thread w/poll.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/making-a-murderer-v-2-super-sweaty-edition.3151237/

He was clearly coerced and with an IQ of something like 63 those cops could've gotten him to confess to being a unicorn.

I believe he had an IQ of 73 and the limit in something like 70 to be considered a true retard but thats beside the point.

At first Brenden was telling them the truth. Then he changed his story when they started grilling him. So he definitely knew what he was saying was a lie

He even told his mom that the cops "broke him" or some shit. He definitely knew that he fucked up

The cops are assholes too and deserve to be punished but Brenden is equally at fault here

bMZDmiOaADBNRrB-1600x900-noPad.jpg
why you posting fat axl rose in here? </sarcasm>

I believe he had an IQ of 73 and the limit in something like 70 to be considered a true retard but thats beside the point.

At first Brenden was telling them the truth. Then he changed his story when they started grilling him. So he definitely knew what he was saying was a lie

The cops are assholes too and deserve to be punished but Brenden is equally at fault here

He even told his mom that the cops "broke him" or some shit. He definitely knew that he fucked up

According to this article:

Saul Kassin, a psychology professor at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice, told The Huffington Post in an earlier interview that this controversial style of interrogation is called the Reid technique and has led to numerous situations in which an innocent person ends up confessing to a crime they never committed. Teens are especially susceptible to tactics like this.

In an analysis of hundreds of cases going back to 1989, false confessions were found to be one of the leading causes of wrongful convictions, according to the Innocence Project, a nonprofit legal clinic dedicated to exonerating people who have been wrongfully convicted. Overall, about 31 percent of wrongful conviction cases included a false confession, but for homicide cases alone, that number balloons to 63 percent.

It may sound weird that people just confess to doing something they didn't do, but it apparently happens a lot. The cops know how to break people down and fuck with their minds.

According to this article:

It may sound weird that people just confess to doing something they didn't do, but it apparently happens a lot. The cops know how to break people down and fuck with their minds.

That blows my mind how so many people can be tricked this way

I know for a fact if cops tried to put me away for something I didn't do I would never admit to doing it

We gfgtffsdfdfsd
Unbelievable... They did it. The State has 90 days to appeal though... Not sure how that works though.

Brendan Dassey's conviction in Halbach homicide overturned
http://www.wisn.com/news/brendan-dasseys-conviction-overturned/41178138

Well.... Any thoughts? It's be about 8 months since the show came out.

You remember how many people thought we were idiots for believing in their innocence? People in this very topic are still 100% convinced Steven did it still. Zellner will have Steven out by the end of this year I would bet money on it. I am very happy and saddened at the same time this kid lost the best years of his life in prison, and will have a very hard time have any sort of normal life. Atleast he has some sort of justice for being railroaded though.

The part that got me was when after searching Steven Avery's room for days and finding nothing an officer from the department Avery was suing who wasn't supposed to be there do to a conflict of interest just happens to find the victims car keys laying in plain sight on the floor... Really???

What the fuck is wrong with you?

You loving being a douche don't you?

I posted this thread one minute before you, and got one reply :mad:

That blows my mind how so many people can be tricked this way

I know for a fact if cops tried to put me away for something I didn't do I would never admit to doing it

You have never been questioned for 10+ hours and asked the same questions in different manners all the while having your lawyer tell you to admit it for a lighter sentence and have the IQ of borderline retarded at age 16.

You have never been questioned for 10+ hours and asked the same questions in different manners all the while having your lawyer tell you to admit it for a lighter sentence and have the IQ of borderline retarded at age 16.

How do you know I never have?

Back