Makhachev to Oliveira: Keep that belt for me. See you soon

OR let's strip Oliveira and make Makhachev vs Horcher for the vacant title!

Benny and Islam have a common opponent in Drew. Drew was piecing up Dariush but got dominated by Islam.

Dariush's 2nd last win was a close split decision over CDF who is barely in the top 15.

Tony is well past his prime.

Nothing against Dariush but he isn't beating Islam.

People comparing Islam with Dariush are delusional beyond belief. It's going to be so satisfying watching Islam break each and every fighter put in front of him one by one proving doubters wrong.

Islam is ranked 9 and a win over Moises will move him up another spot or 2.

He's two fights away from a TS, including Moises in July, a contender fight in late 2021 and a TS in early 2022.

Depends a lot on how he wins those fights and if UFC gets interested in having him as champion

Depends a lot on how he wins those fights and if UFC gets interested in having him as champion

They'll be more interested in having an english-speaking Muslim who can promote PPV events in Abu Dhabi like Khabib did, than Olivera

Oliveira's stand-up is better than Islam's and his BJJ is too good for Islam's top game. Islam likely beats most LW contenders, but he's not beating Charles.

Not as good as Maia. He has Chandler full back for minutes and couldn't submit him.

Maybe Islam should get a top 10 win first. Maybe. He's got a cool first name

Maybe in 2029 he'll fight enough to get a title shot?

Islam is ranked 9 and a win over Moises will move him up another spot or 2.

He's two fights away from a TS, including Moises in July, a contender fight in late 2021 and a TS in early 2022.

Any news on why he chose Moises instead of Fiziev? I really wanted to see him and Fiziev fight.

Khabib said one year Islam would be champ.

I dont see that happening tbh

I don't see Makhachev beating Oliveira, or Gaethje - or becoming a champion. I'd like to see him fight for a belt, but he needs to prove he can beat good names.

Any news on why he chose Moises instead of Fiziev? I really wanted to see him and Fiziev fight.

Not sure. I'm guessing it's because Moises has a better resume. Either way neither of the two do much for Islam except show that he's active.

Bunch of new breeds of lightweights we have there.

Probably because they think it’s an easier fight. Fiziev can put Islam’s lights out.

I favor islam in that matchup but only by a bit. Would be a great one

Not as good as Maia. He has Chandler full back for minutes and couldn't submit him.

Yeah... very few people has as good BJJ as Maia..
And nobody ever claimed Charles was close to Maia in BJJ.

Back