Makhachev to Oliveira: Keep that belt for me. See you soon

I don't see him fighting for the belt before Gaethje, Poirier/Conor and Dariush.
Best case scenario for his next fight is Chandler, if he wins against Moises. But Dariush against Chandler is also very possible.

Yeah, I bet Oliveira will have nightmares thinking about Khabib’s protege. He still can’t earn a top 10
fight. If this clown fights Oliveira for the belt..

It will mean Oliveira has already broken the record for consecutive defences by a UFC LW champion.

425abaa4b85a9cd76cba0321d6ff7d96.gif

Can't earn a top 10? The top 10 have been ducking him for ages, that's why he had to take the fight against Moises.
Unfortunately the ranked fighters have too much say in who they will fight which means fighters like Islam get screwed.

1. Because the guy is a pullout merchant.
2. Because he is one of the least active fighters on the roster.
3. Because he and Khabib and that fanbase think he should be gifted a TS. Just because Khabib says he’s the next LW champ. Which segues lovely into number 4..
4. No I’m 100% positve that Charles Oliveira is the “next” champ.
5. He hasn’t even fought a top 10 fighter yet.
6. He’s a clown because I fucking said so.

Are we clear?

All your reasons are Bs, and your 6th one makes yourself a clown.

I have seen no one say that he deserves a title shot, what we say is that he has huge potential to become the next champion, but obviously we all know that he must fight guys in the Top 10. Unfortunately those guys refuse to fight him, for the very simple reason that he is an extremely good fighter but lacks name value, so it is a lose-lose situation for them.

If he has pulled out of fights is because there is this thing called injuries, it happens to every fighter.

Basically you just unleashed some useless rant. You don’t like him? ok that is your problem, but he is not a clown at all

FarAmusedGreatdane-size_restricted.gif

Hey, you religious fanatics, or team Eagle fanatics can kiss my ass. Same goes for Conor fans.

Why is it there is not another fighter in the world, where if you cheer for that guy.. You have to cheer for every fighter from that team, or gym?

I bet you can’t come up with one. You people are a little bit obsessed. What’s that runt’s name that Khabib slapped. The munchkin with short arms.. Dorkov or something from SBG? Conor’s best pal. And now there is this shit with all the Dag fighters associated with Khabib. You people seriously need to get a life.

Has anyone replied with the below yet? Don't think so and the thread is already 3 pages in:
fa0f4771-8827-4725-b8d2-2f15698db3a2-2018-10-06_Khabib-Conor1.jpg

Here, the thread just gained on quality. xD

Serious question: Where do you guys take from, that he is as good as prime Khabib? Because Khabib said so? Because he beat Drew Dober? Because he is from Khabibs camp?
I mean come on, he definetly is a good fighter with lot of potential, but can you guys pls stop measuring his potential by what Khabib achieved? Its getting ridicilous at this point.

First of all because we have seen his fights, and just like Khabib, he easily dominates everybody. (Obviously except that fight where he lost).

Secondly, because if everybody from his entourage say that he is the next big thing, then maybe there is some truth to that. If that was not true then people would not be saying it. You don’t see them saying that Zubaira or Abubakar are future champs or whatever. But even Abdulmanap said that Islam has all the potential to become the next champion, and Absulmanap was always very honest about his students. He never hyped them just because.

You can trust or not what his entourage say, but at the end of the day his fights prove that he is a legit force. He has easily dominated Top 15 fighters. Now we want to see him fight Top 10 and Top 5 guys. You think he would not beat Tony or RDA?

First of all because we have seen his fights, and just like Khabib, he easily dominates everybody. (Obviously except that fight where he lost).

Secondly, because if everybody from his entourage say that he is the next big thing, then maybe there is some truth to that. If that was not true then people would not be saying it. You don’t see them saying that Zubaira or Abubakar are future champs or whatever. But even Abdulmanap said that Islam has all the potential to become the next champion, and Absulmanap was always very honest about his students. He never hyped them just because.

You can trust or not what his entourage say, but at the end of the day his fights prove that he is a legit force. He has easily dominated Top 15 fighters. Now we want to see him fight Top 10 and Top 5 guys. You think he would not beat Tony or RDA?

The first part i disagree with. Yes he has dominated parts of his fights but that wasnt even close to the competition Khabib faced in his run imo. Tsarukyan, Ramos and Dober all legit wins, but none of these guys has shown the ability to be a top 10 contender (yet). Therefore i recognize Islams potential ability and that he hasnt reached his peak yet, but in all honesty the top 10 of LW is still deep and imo he can reach his limits anywhere between the title and facing his first top 10 opponent.

The second part is right, but its also where i have the most problems with. Yes i believe these people hype him because they genuinely think he is good. But this happenend so many times in the past with fighters who just couldnt cut it when it counted the most and training ability isnt equal to cage performance. A fighter like Kevin Lee could easily get the better of Khabib in a sparring session, but obviously isnt even closely as competitive in the LW divison right now. Thats where wrong impresions and sympathy make you say these things, but it takes a lot more to become champ these days than just pure skill. Ask Reyes, Moraes or Kattar.

I agree that i want to see him fight a top 10 opponent and yes i can see him beat Tony and RDA, because both are stylistically bad matchups and on the decline. But just thinking that he can propably do it, doesnt mean he has already done it. Therefore im carefull with comparisons to Khabib until he has actually proved himself worthy as a title contender.

Just give Islam a top 5 opponent already, I just want to fucking see him fight the best and its going to take years at this pace with him pulling out, taking time off, or people ducking. Give him Chandler next then if he wins, title shot. Islam vs Olive sounds fun as shit.

I wouldn’t necessarily put Islam in the top 5 of the division but he probsbly has the best chance of beating Oliveira, stylistically he is the only LW with tighter (not necessarily better overall) grappling.

Islam is ranked 9 and a win over Moises will move him up another spot or 2.

He's two fights away from a TS, including Moises in July, a contender fight in late 2021 and a TS in early 2022.

Islam is ranked 9 and a win over Moises will move him up another spot or 2.

He's two fights away from a TS, including Moises in July, a contender fight in late 2021 and a TS in early 2022.
Yes and whilst I think Islam potentially poses the biggest threat to Oliveira as he is stylistically problematic with his insanely tight grappling, I also don’t think Islam matches up very well versus Chandler, Gaethje or Dustin. Those three can bang and Islam has not proved how hard he can be hit and keep going.
I would also marginally favour Beneil over Islam after Dariush last couple of performances, definitely eclipsed Machakevs last two wins, although Benny v Islam would potentially be very close.

Yes and whilst I think Islam potentially poses the biggest threat to Oliveira as he is stylistically problematic with his insanely tight grappling, I also don’t think Islam matches up very well versus Chandler, Gaethje or Dustin. Those three can bang and Islam has not proved how hard he can be hit and keep going.
I would also marginally favour Beneil over Islam after Dariush last couple of performances, definitely eclipsed Machakevs last two wins, although Benny v Islam would potentially be very close.

Benny and Islam have a common opponent in Drew. Drew was piecing up Dariush but got dominated by Islam.

Dariush's 2nd last win was a close split decision over CDF who is barely in the top 15.

Tony is well past his prime.

Nothing against Dariush but he isn't beating Islam.

Benny and Islam have a common opponent in Drew. Drew was piecing up Dariush but got dominated by Islam.

Dariush's 2nd last win was a close split decision over CDF who is barely in the top 15.

Tony is well past his prime.

Nothing against Dariush but he isn't beating Islam.
Islam has great grappling but has shown me nothing to suggest he beats Benny. Where Islam has an edge in grappling it is negated with Benny being far better at striking. It’s a very even fight regardless how you cut it, but Benny has mixed at higher opposition throughout his UFC tenure which is why he is more proven at this stage.

Going by your rationale then Oliveria would beat Islam because he finished Lentz with ease whilst Islam could only beat Nik on points, that’s not how it always pans out and you should know that by now. But I get you are a Islam fanboy so it is what it is.

Fact is Beneil is closer to a title shot than Islam, nothing you feel about the situation is going to change that.

Islam has great grappling but has shown me nothing to suggest he beats Benny. Where Islam has an edge in grappling it is negated with Benny being far better at striking. It’s a very even fight regardless how you cut it, but Benny has mixed at higher opposition throughout his UFC tenure which is why he is more proven at this stage.

Going by your rationale then Oliveria would beat Islam because he finished Lentz with ease whilst Islam could only beat Nik on points, that’s not how it always pans out and you should know that by now. But I get you are a Islam fanboy so it is what it is.

Fact is Beneil is closer to a title shot than Islam, nothing you feel about the situation is going to change that.

I agree that Benny is closer to a TS than Islam. They could make Benny vs Islam as an title contender for Benny and if Islam wins he could get a top 5 as his title eliminator.

Under normal circumstances I would have Benny as a favorite here, but as Benny is getting his first child in a month I’m not sure. Becoming a father and that kind of a lifestyle change can mess up the fighting game for some fighters. Maybe not for Benny though.

I agree that Benny is closer to a TS than Islam. They could make Benny vs Islam as an title contender for Benny and if Islam wins he could get a top 5 as his title eliminator.

Under normal circumstances I would have Benny as a favorite here, but as Benny is getting his first child in a month I’m not sure. Becoming a father and that kind of a lifestyle change can mess up the fighting game for some fighters. Maybe not for Benny though.
True to an extent but everyone has personal lives and none of us know what is around the corner, the life of a fighter is never plain sailing so I wouldn’t put too much stock into Benny becoming a father, there are equally if not more distracting things that can happen to anyone anytime so it’s not something I’d factor too much.

Benny even said he is having a break now, which is smart because if anything it might even take one fight off what would have been his natural path to the title, he only needs one more win to be in line now, and arguably a win over Ferguson is already greater than a win over Hooker, which is what it took to earn Chandler a shot.

155 is easily the best and most exciting division as of now.

I'd love to see the fight but Islam never fights so...

Back