News Makhachaev vs Moises July 17.

Somehow Cyril Gane keeps getting bigger fights, so I don’t buy the “he’s not exciting” line. Islam brings more eyes than many of these guys getting big fights, there is a lot of interest in him from the Khabib fanbase. That has a lot of currency with Dana.

What I think is going on is that Dana is simply prioritizing making the matches he can make as quickly as possible and the top guys don’t wanna fight Islam but the division is so deep that virtually any matchup is a good one. So Dana’s not sweating it, he’s not against Islam but he also isn’t gonna go to the mat for him. Islam has to make fighting him inevitable by simply beating guys. That’s what I told you the other day, he can’t wait, he just needs to fight.
Cyril Gane and Francis there's something there. They pretty much have no choice to get him moving up. He's not getting a title shot, he's getting top contenders because he's young. When it comes to Lightweights, there's no shortage of exciting fighters. Islam pretty much laid on top of his opponent for 2 and half rounds and then submitted him. Dana didn't really look like Happy. It reminded me of how dana was tip-toeing around Usman's performance at UFC 251, where if it was other guys he'll let it rip.

If islam was the heir apparent to khabib that dana thought he would be, dana would force these guys to fight him. Just like he did Leon and Khamzat. I don't think Dana is entirely sold on the guy.

Moises could grab a gnarly sub

Islam's little winning streak is about to come to a screeching halt.

Thiago is no joke at all. He's a better striker than Islam and he's not going to just lay there on the mat like Dober did. Dude is a legit grappler.

Islam has fought and beaten more accomplished grapplers. Davi Ramos was an ADCC champion.

So you want Islam to get ready for every LW bout and to cut weight, the guys living in the mountain.

Islam is doing everything he can to fight Felder and Hooker. Felder did a show with Cheisa and he sad " i dont want to fight that beast". Hooker who is on two losing streak dont want to fight Islam because hes not a big name even though Islam have almost 3 million followers on instagram.

Two ducks.
I think it'd help him and any fighter in his position to be ready at any time yes.. Where he lives is frankly irrelevant, plenty dudes willing to take the opportunities if he'd rather chill in the mountains.

Everyone can cry about people ducking him forever, but seems to me Hooker and Felder are kind of fine and Islam is the one with a problem of his career progressing incredibly slowly(Dudes not even in the latest video game and fucking Erick Silva is lol)... Maybe he's content to just fight unranked or lower ranked dudes and sit on his many many horses for the rest of his career, but it'd be a shame imo if he didn't himself show a bit more drive as an individual to actively pursue some last minute fights, he seems kind of lost without his manager and his team, I honestly don't get the impression dude would even fight at all if it weren't for his buddies and up bringing.

Moises, for as good as he has looked on the feet as of late, has gotten controlled previously by lesser wrestlers than Islam (Watley, Dariush).

Outside of a hail mary he'll be in for a long night.

Islam's little winning streak is about to come to a screeching halt.

Thiago is no joke at all. He's a better striker than Islam and he's not going to just lay there on the mat like Dober did. Dude is a legit grappler.
You are not beating a guy like Makachev by playing the bottom game, something that Thiago is very comfortable doing going off his fight with Beneil. We also just saw a strong wrestler overcome a legit grappler a few days ago as well - this is a bad matchup for Moises simply because he won't be able to dictate where the fight takes place.

This is Uncle Goof's response to Khabib retiring against his wishes.

1448684241875.png

its better than not fighting. kabib never fought enough. this is better than nothing

I think it'd help him and any fighter in his position to be ready at any time yes.. Where he lives is frankly irrelevant, plenty dudes willing to take the opportunities if he'd rather chill in the mountains.

Everyone can cry about people ducking him forever, but seems to me Hooker and Felder are kind of fine and Islam is the one with a problem of his career progressing incredibly slowly(Dudes not even in the latest video game and fucking Erick Silva is lol)... Maybe he's content to just fight unranked or lower ranked dudes and sit on his many many horses for the rest of his career, but it'd be a shame imo if he didn't himself show a bit more drive as an individual to actively pursue some last minute fights, he seems kind of lost without his manager and his team, I honestly don't get the impression dude would even fight at all if it weren't for his buddies and up bringing.
I understand what you mean but Its easier set then done. Islam have the best sparring partners in his gym, if islam dont have a bout schedule why should he leave his country?

Also the fighters you talk about already lives in the US, and when when was the last time a none US fighter filled in as a late replacement for a LW bout?

Lol the fact that you are blaming Islam for Hooker and Felder not taking the fight shows you were you at.

Also answer my question, what LW bouts could Islam have filled in when he was healthy?

Moises’ jiu jitsu is not good enough to make this a compelling matchup

UFC matchmaking has been super weak lately

Wow, Islam gets Moises... Like, this is beyond a downgrade in notoriety and skill from his last fight where he honestly looked like the second coming of Khabibi against a legit LW who was on a major hot streak! You can't win a fight more impressively than that and he gets a Brazilian named Thiago (to be fair most Brazilians are). I can honestly name 10 more deserving opponents he could be facing, and 5 of them have no fights upcoming. Hell, give him Cowboy and let him gain some clout in a co-main!

I can only see this being designed as a squash match that will feature very high on the main card here and be his chance to shine... of course, he already got that with Dober and should be moving on to bigger things but hey, I guess this is cool too. It's not.

Unless Hooker gets booked and wins a fight fast, after July 17 Islam will be ranked ahead of Felder and Hooker.
On a positive note its good that Islam stays active and not wait for these two ducks.

Before you know it hes ahead of these two. Three fights as he said, inshallah.

Cant wait for the AKA videos when Islam goes to San Jose end of may. Boys are back in town.

there is a lot of interest in him from the Khabib fanbase.

Toxic fanbase that has no interest in anything that isn't Dagestani and/or Muslim. These "fans" don't give a shit about the UFC, or fighting in general, or the entertainment side of it, they just want to salt the earth. I used to think it was just Conor haters, but it's deeper than that. Now we're going to have people rooting for or against fighters like Islam for all the wrong reasons.

Back