News Makhachaev vs Moises July 17.

Lol this guy has to be one of the most ducked fighters out there. Remove Felder from the rankings already, he explicitly admitted he was ducking him and they share their top 10 spot for some weird reason. It's good that he stays active though, it worked for Oliveira, Dariush and Tony. He should fight the winner of Dariush vs Tony next, unless RDA is willing to face him again.

Last edited:
Hahahahahahaha, Fire Ali!

Thiago Moises is actually a solid contender and would be good opponent for say, Tsurkiyan or Dober, but Islam has fought enough unranked guys. He should be fighting a top 10 for a change.

I guess as long as he keeps moving up the rankings it's fine but there are so many better matchups out there for him. The outcome of UFC 262 could decide future opponents for Islam. I can see him fighting the loser of Chandler/Oliveira or Beneil/Tony.

Let's keep it real. Dana white doesn't believe in Islam. He doesn't. You can go back to islam's fight against drew dober. He was asked about him and Dana white had to look under his couch to say anything good about Islam and complimented him on his back muscles. I'm not sure Dana liked hearing Islam say he could have striked with dober but took the easier route. Shades of Usman 30%

Islam has to knock this guy out or savagely beat on him for 15mins to force Dana to get him a top 10. Dana wants Islam to be more exciting so he can be sold on him, imo. Dana only tolerates him because he's associated with khabib.

dude should just give the guy a fucking top 10 so he can further prove his level.
Makhachaev should do a Khabib vs MJ and do a big promo.

"Dana White im going to smash your BMW if i dont get a top 10 fighter"

Let's keep it real. Dana white doesn't believe in Islam. He doesn't. You can go back to islam's fight against drew dober. He was asked about him and Dana white had to look under his couch to say anything good about Islam and complimented him on his back muscles. I'm not sure Dana liked hearing Islam say he could have striked with dober but took the easier route. Shades of Usman 30%

Islam has to knock this guy out or savagely beat on him for 15mins to force Dana to get him a top 10. Dana wants Islam to be more exciting so he can be sold on him, imo. Dana only tolerates him because he's associated with khabib.

dude should just give the guy a fucking top 10 so he can further prove his level.
Somehow Cyril Gane keeps getting bigger fights, so I don’t buy the “he’s not exciting” line. Islam brings more eyes than many of these guys getting big fights, there is a lot of interest in him from the Khabib fanbase. That has a lot of currency with Dana.

What I think is going on is that Dana is simply prioritizing making the matches he can make as quickly as possible and the top guys don’t wanna fight Islam but the division is so deep that virtually any matchup is a good one. So Dana’s not sweating it, he’s not against Islam but he also isn’t gonna go to the mat for him. Islam has to make fighting him inevitable by simply beating guys. That’s what I told you the other day, he can’t wait, he just needs to fight.

Moises?????? WTF Islam can crusher. He will probably call for title shot after a win too

Thing I don't get about these dudes everyone seems to be scared to fight is why they are never the ones ready to jump in short notice and take fights that way, how many fights could Islam have had between Dober and Ramos via just being ready at any time? I know it's a hell of a lot to ask and isn't ideal(neither should it be really held against anyone), but if you start to get known for saving cards like Felder then the ducking or inactivity will be pushed to the side + your career might start moving in the direction you want it to off the back of it(circumstantially).

Makhachaev should do a Khabib vs MJ and do a big promo.

"Dana White im going to smash your BMW if i dont get a top 10 fighter"
He gotta beat the guy in the first round or beat on him for 15mins. Then do a loud call out, call the UFC on their bs and ask for opponent

TBH I think they're waiting for Conor to win against Poirier then hope Conor breasts whoever the LW champion is so they can call out khabib. That's dana's wet dream. In the mean time, let's bullshit with Islam kinda thing

Thing I don't get about these dudes everyone seems to be scared to fight is why they are never the ones ready to jump in short notice and take fights that way, how many fights could Islam have had between Dober and Ramos via just being ready at any time? I know it's a hell of a lot to ask and isn't ideal(neither should it be really held against anyone), but if you start to get known for saving cards like Felder then the ducking or inactivity will be pushed to the side + your career might start moving in the direction you want it to off the back of it(circumstantially).
What fight could Islam jump in to?

I don't think Dana is trying to bury Islam. The top 10 simply don't want to fight him or aren't available.

Felder, Hooker, and RDA have already went on the record saying they won't fight him. You have 4 LWs fighting this weekend followed by Porier/McGregor.

Islam probably took the only fight that was available in the hopes of climbing further up the top 10 with a win. The UFC rewards activity. As long as he keeps winning even against scrubs, he'll eventually earn a title shot.

What fight could Islam jump in to?
I'm not certain off the top of my head, any LW fight that an opponent has backed out of for any reason in the last few years, RDA vs Felder for example, he could have pushed for that maybe, fights fall to pieces all the time... Surely he could have forced his way into fighting a better opponent than any of his in the last 3 years.. Feel like Dariush and Oliveria could have been a moment for him to force in. Maybe there were other factors stopping it happening, but it's something I think he should consider potentially, I mean what other options does he have? wait until someone likes him and the whole division isn't filled with people who don't want to fight him lol.

I suppose there is always the chance that a fighter wouldn't want to fight Islam even more so on short notice, but one would assume the consequences of turning a fight down closer to the date of said card could lead to more complicated repercussions for said fighter potentially jeopardising said card.

Islam's little winning streak is about to come to a screeching halt.

Thiago is no joke at all. He's a better striker than Islam and he's not going to just lay there on the mat like Dober did. Dude is a legit grappler.

Islam really fucked up pulling out against RDA
First time RDA pullet out. Islam wanted a opponent, crickets.

Second time Islam pulled out, RDA wanted a opponent, Felder accepted.

Honestly im happy for RDA hes a legend of the sport but when it comes to Islam nobody in the top 10 wants to fight him.

Give Islam tittle fight after he wins this not his fault no one top 10 wants to fight him
It is his fault. He has pulled out of 5 fights in the UFC. Until he proves to be a reliable opponent, Top 10 fighters would be foolish to invest time and money into a training camp for a fight that has a high chance of getting cancelled.

I'm not certain off the top of my head, any LW fight that an opponent has backed out of for any reason in the last few years, RDA vs Felder for example, he could have pushed for that maybe, fights fall to pieces all the time... Surely he could have forced his way into fighting a better opponent than any of his in the last 3 years.. Feel like Dariush and Oliveria could have been a moment for him to force in. Maybe there were other factors stopping it happening, but it's something I think he should consider potentially, I mean what other options does he have? wait until someone likes him and the whole division isn't filled with people who don't want to fight him lol.

I suppose there is always the chance that a fighter wouldn't want to fight Islam even more so on short notice, but one would assume the consequences of turning a fight down closer to the date of said card could lead to more complicated repercussions for said fighter potentially jeopardising said card.
So you want Islam to get ready for every LW bout and to cut weight, the guys living in the mountain.

Islam is doing everything he can to fight Felder and Hooker. Felder did a show with Cheisa and he sad " i dont want to fight that beast". Hooker who is on two losing streak dont want to fight Islam because hes not a big name even though Islam have almost 3 million followers on instagram.

Two ducks.

By Smesh is muh Guess!

Back