Make or break

Ahhh it feels good to hit a pb once again.

Bodyweight 88.85kg
Clean & jerks, 90, 110, 120, 130, 140, 150 (miss), all powers upto 140 which was a decent full, warming up I didn't feel that good. On 150 I cut the pull a little bit short, got under and was just a few inches off racking it properly, as the bar was on my I started to think how it actually isn't that heavy, I should have gotten that weight easy.
Clean pulls 3x3 170, good fast pulls, pretty happy
Power snatches on 70, just getting a better feel of the weight without straps
Front squats, 2x100, 2x130, 150, 160, 165, previous best was 3x150 a long while back, 165 was tough. On 160 I collapsed my back a bit, but once it retightened the weight flew up, should get some big squats this year, bodyweight is really helping with that.
Stretching and loosening up.

Felt stiff and sore today, not that good but we're tapering down so who cares.

Bodyweight 89.00kg
Power cleans 3x3 100, ok nothing flash
Clean & jerk 4x120, crappy at first, all powercleans, last 2 reps were nice
Clean pulls 4x3 150, good height and speed
Lower back started to ache a bit so I skipped jerk drives b/n

Just another pre-comp training, feeling sharp and the pulls were very powerful and high

Bodyweight 89.75kg
Power snatch 3x3 80, decent, nothing amazing
Snatch pulls 3x105, 3x120, 4x3x130, high, powerful and strong, especially the warmups which really flew up
Power jerks 3x2 100, easy enough
Front squats 3x2 130, so-so, nothing special and kinda crappy considering this is now 35kg under my best

peanut butter said:
whens your next comp and what sort of numbers you aiming for?
April 8, I feel good for about 122kg snatch, 153kg clean & jerk, realistically I don't know if I'll be able to go that high since my training has been off due to the flu, so I guess we'll see what happens.

Training was good, counting the days until I compete.

Bodyweight 89.75kg
Warmup with lots of O/H squat and powersnatch
Snatch 3x2 90, decent but nothing special
Power clean & jerk 3x(2+2) 120, good, jerks are snappy
Backsquats 3x5 150, alright, back was sore again
Lots of stretching and shoulder rehab crap

Training was alright, nothing special.

Bodyweight 88.75kg
Powersnatches & snatches on 85, just working on extension, bit slow
Snatch pulls 3x3 130, feeling good, I should be snatching this later in the year
Power jerks 3x2 110, out of place, shoulder not feeing that good

Only 3 more trainings now.

Bodyweight 89.65kg
Clean & jerk 3x125, first clean was crap, second was only ok, realised that my hips have been too far back and third was good
Clean pulls 3x3 160, good, pretty happy
Power snatches and straight snatches, nothing special here
Front squats 4x3 140, good

peanut butter said:
new av i see. hes called the 'gorilla' or something, right?
Haha that's right. I remember seeing him do three standing long jumps in a row, by the end he looked like such a knuckle dragger (mainly cause he let out a little bark inbetween reps). He's a pretty nice bloke but shocking technique.

Everything sharp and fast, you'd hope so when it's this light.

Bodyweight 88.70kg
Power cleans 3x3 90
Clean & jerk 4x105
Clean pulls 4x3 130
Back squats (1/4 depth) 4x3 130
Stretching

Power snatches were sloppy but stuffed around a bit and got them right after training

Bodyweight 88.95kg
Power snatch 3x3 75
Snatch pulls 4x3 120, some without straps, felt fine
Power jerk 3x2 90, easy especially with some "foot stamp", good cause they're always so shithouse
Front squat 3x2 120

Last training before the comp and it was a good one, everything very sharp and powerful.

Bodyweight 88.65kg (yeah, shitty)
Snatch 4x80, only one full snatch, rest power or halfway, very fast
Power clean & jerk 3x100, fast and good position
Backsquat, worked upto a triple on 130, pointless

Comp day. I woke up early (not intentionally) at 7am and felt ok most of the day. Weighed in at 88.25kg (pushing it up as high as I could, big breakfast, lunch etc). Lifts were as follows:

Snatch:
50 (few O/H squats), 70 (O/H squat), 70, 80, 90 (first full), 100 (felt like a hardass pull), out on platform, 107 (miss, pull felt too light and I got too far under the bar), 107 (easy), 115 (pull felt hard all of a sudden, no kick).

So pissed off about my snatches, I think the inconsistancies of training finally got to me, some lifts felt so hard off the ground and some so easy, everything was just erratic.

Clean & jerk:
50 (full squat after), 70 (full squat after), 90, 110, 120, 115 (long wait, attempt counts got mixed up and expected much more time), 130 (oops maybe I didn't have that many attempts, rushed but still powerclean), 140 (first platform lift, almost passed out, easy but sloppy), 147 (got under, out of position a bit, ended up on my ass which hurt like hell), 147 (got halfway out of the squat but nothing in the tank, soft).

Shithouse, too much feeling faint and too much out of position.

Today was a shithouse performance, well below my bests and well below what I should be doing. I have to regroup and see what I'm doing wrong.

Felt really flat at training, my collarbones were still quite sore from the comp.

Powersnatches, working on getting a bit more aggressive in the pull
Powercleans
Backsquats, worked upto a single on 190 then missed 200
Light bench (felt waaaay too hard)
Press b/n
Goodmornings
Situps

These two Camaroon lifters came to train with us, very impressive, so damn fast, the 85kg guy worked upto an easy double frontsquat on 200 and clean & powerjerk on 160, it was their first training after the Commonwealth games.

Today was light as I was feeling quite sore.

Bodyweight 89.55kg
Powersnatch/snatch, alright nothing too heavy
Snatch pulls, mainly on 110 and a set on 140
Light bent over rows
Situps

Ok now I'm back in form, learned a few things about what I was doing wrong and the result were instant.

Bodyweight 90.15kg
Powersnatches upto a single on 100 (full), so-so but nothing special
Powersnatches off the blocks, 4x3 80, 2x3 90, held off the second pull for later and it made a HUGE difference, powering 90 is difficult for me but for an easy triple is awesome
Snatch pulls 4x3 120, high and fast
Powerclean & jerk 3x120, 3x130 (full clean), noticed that my upper back could be more straight and that my hips aren't in enough when recieving the bar, this is actually linked together. Last single on 130 was the best by far.

Traps are sooooo sore. Just worked on a few technical points and some stuff for my shoulders.

Bodyweight 89.25kg
Power clean & jerks on 110, 120, just trying a few things, threw in some squat cleans too
Clean pulls 4x3 165, alright but tired
Bench 2x8 70, so weak
Bent over rows 3x5 60, as above
Good mornings 3x6 70

peanut butter said:
whats your bench 1rm?
100kg, what's weird is that when I do some benches the strength comes back relatively easily, i remember doing 4 or 5 reps on 95kg, but then going over 100kg doesn't seem to happen. It's not something I focus on so I don't really mind. I expect that I'll be repping 90kg again in a month, my biggest problem is that I have to regain the strength without working so hard that I have trouble locking my arms out overhead the next day.

Back