Make or break

Man, every time I go into the Melbourne uni weights room I see something different. To begin with, I walked in to see a guy doing bottom squat position snatch grip presses, weird I'll admit, but at least it's not downright stupid. A little bit later, I saw an old lady (think 50-something small woman, but ripped, big back, abs etc) wearing stilletos, and carrying a violin. She had a few photos taken on the swiss ball with her violin, then disappeared, only to return later and have me take a few photos of her doing chin-ups (for her personal website, which contains her two loves, music and working out). Nonetheless, it's interesting to go to Melb uni once a week.

Power snatches 2x80, 2x80, 2x90, 2x90, very sharp, the 90's were full but quite good
Front squats 5x90, 5x120, 5x140, happy, I think that's a pr or near pr for reps. Felt fairly easy
Presses 3x4 70, really tough today
Good mornings 3x8 70, easy

Alon said:
I saw an old lady (think 50-something small woman, but ripped, big back, abs etc) wearing stilletos, and carrying a violin. She had a few photos taken on the swiss ball with her violin, then disappeared, only to return later and have me take a few photos of her doing chin-ups (for her personal website, which contains her two loves, music and working out). Nonetheless, it's interesting to go to Melb uni once a week.

I had to read that three times to get the mental picture. Sounds surreal.

Those Aussies...
Are those presses strict?

graedy said:
Those Aussies...
Are those presses strict?
Yeah I always press with locked legs, although one of my sets on 120 was a shocking quasi-pressout (although from almost lockout height, no chance of me pressing that much). I'm still in shock of how weird that woman was, but I guess it's cool to see her enjoying herself. Today was a longass day, I missed breakfast since I pressed the wrong button on my phone alarm, and slept in 1.5 hours. Also I noticed that it doesn't matter how I feel when I do GM's, my hamstrings always kill the day after.

Bodyweight 89.00kg
Snatch 4x3 85, sloppy, not happy with them at all
Snatch pulls 3x3 120, alright, legs were wrecked
Drop jerks, good
Jerks 110, 5x120, some of the reps were sloppy, but the last few were absolutely spot on, I was very happy with that

Ooof, too much work to do. I did have a chat with my boss today though, who is all for me continuing with sport, he says it's essential when you're working long hours, which I agree with.

Clean & jerks 4x(2+2) 125, cleans were very nice, quite precise and hitting the perfect spot, very happy
Power jerks 5x3 100, a bit sloppy, lowering them back to the shoulders is the toughest part as I'm basically doing negatives in the press, quite tiring
Back squats (half) 5x3 160, hmm, alright, not that great
Upright rows 5x5 50, I feel like a regular gymbo

Very odd training today, I thought someone was going to be at the gym but he didn't come (my fault for not confirming), so it was just me and the radio. I think I was a bit sore from yesteday's training, which effected me, so it was alright considering. Bodyweight was low as I had a presentation in the morning and didn't feel like eating (I usually can't stomach much in the morning, and definitely not when I have something to do).

Bodyweight 88.85kg
Snatch (hang) 3x3 90, decent, some were sloppy and I wasn't staying over the bar for long enough
Clean & jerk 3x130, alright, the jerks were off and the pull was a bit lacking, I'll put it down to yesterday's training
Snatch pulls 5x3 135, good, afterwards I did a snatch on 70 and 90 and they felt fantastic, really forced me to stay over properly
Front squats 3x3 135, pretty weak but I think they were of benefit

Decent cleans today, next week will probably have a few singles, then I'm competing at the end of the following week. I don't think the comp will be that heavy, probably just a blowout.

Bodyweight 89.35kg
Cleans 2x110, 2x120, 2x2x130, 2x135, 140, good cleans, pretty sharp
Clean pulls (hang) 4x3 165, urgh, very hard
Jerks (rack) 4x3 110, good, sharp
Light powersnatches, working on getting a better extension

Oh shit I was screwed today. Lower back was fried, knee was killing me. Definitely need some recovery. I consequently had a very modified program after doing some heavy clean & jerks.

Bodyweight 88.35kg, wtf? it must be the heat
Clean & jerk 110, 120, 130 (great clean), 140 (horrible jerk, didn't want to put my right foot forward)
Clean pulls 3x3 165, very hard
Attempted some squats
Stretching

Tired training today, will refresh soon enough.

Bodyweight 88.55kg
Snatch 4x2 85, decent, pull was a bit lacking on some but I'm still wrecked
Drop jerks, fast, good
Power clean & jerk 5x110, nice, knee still hurt a bit but decent

Felt well recovered today, knee is almost better but I didn't really test it. Trained at Melb uni and by co-incidence got to talk to an old lifter from the 70's, who knows some of the people from my club and may come in every now and then :)

Power snatch 4x2 80, nice & sharp
Snatch pulls 5x3 110, fast, high
Back squats (half) 3x3 150, felt so-so
Upright rows 5x5 50, the hardest part is holding onto them

Feeling fresh again. Warmups weren't all that flash, but when it counted things seemed to click.

Snatch 90, 95, 95, 100, 100, 105 (really good), 95, 85, quite happy from the 105 onwards, one of the 100's was shit
Clean & jerks 110, 3x120, powercleaned two of the 120's, nice and easy :)
Front squats 3x2 145, knee still hurts but I'll be fine come comp time

mschatz said:
When's the next comp?
Saturday (Friday your time). It's not going to be an all-out comp, but I'm excited.

graedy said:
Whats a "not all-out" comp? Bullshit?!
:icon_chee

I feel like I'm ready to do some big clean & jerks.

Im on your time Alon. Good luck! Dont go all out!

Ahh I'm beginning to get excited for the comp. I had a damn light training today, I don't think that's indicating a light comp.

Power snatch 4x2 70
Power clean & jerks 3x90
Clean pulls 4x3 120, tried something different after I started unloading the bar, meant to be a pull and I powercleaned 110 :)
Backsquats 3x3 130

Feeling good

Final training before the comp, just need to get some sleep and relax.

Bodyweight 89.25kg
Power snatch 3x70
Power clean & jerk 3x70
Snatch pulls 3x2 90

Back