make Mir vs Werdum happen!!

Mir doesn't have the chin anymore, if he ever had it. Werdum tko.

Mir is nowhere near Werdum in terms of grappling. I do not understand these threads.

Same here. Even Mir himself said that he would avoid going to the ground with Fabricio (admitting Werdum had better BJJ) and would try to make it 'a boxing match' lol

Meh. Mir would win, easily. Not that great of a match.

Mir is nowhere near Werdum in terms of grappling. I do not understand these threads.

mir is the only one who could grabble with him, thats for sure!

Third most wins by submission in UFC history (8)

Most wins by submission in UFC Heavyweight division in history (8)

First and only toe hold finish in UFC history

Fastest submission in UFC Heavyweight division in history (46 seconds)

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
Black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under Ricardo Pires
Pan American Championships

Blue Belt Pesadissimo: 1st place (2001)
North American Grappling Association

NAGA Absolute Division Champion (2007)

yeah i know werdum is porbably the greatest bjj guy in hw when it comes to pure bjj, but this is still mma bro. didnt neslon win in a bjj match vs mir? and what did mir wiht nelson in their ufc fight? he tooled him everywhere. and mir submitted big nog who had the best sub defense ever in the opinion of many guys.

mir is a beast when it comes to submissions.

id love that match, but it wont happen soon.

I want to see this as much as I want Demian Main vs Jon Fitch.

Tough, wizardy grapplers fighting to declare the best of them all:D

if werdum loses to big nog then maybe........

Mir subbed a bunch of people who didn't know what they were doing and a reckless Big Nog. That said, most of the HW division is clueless on the ground so I guess it's as impressive as anything.

Werdum by whatever he wants.

But could you imagine if Mir sub'd Werdum? Sherdog would crash for a week.

IS9ET.gif

Great matchup, honestly don't know who would take it. Both are beasts on the ground, although Werdum arguably has the better standup.

Mir subbed a bunch of people who didn't know what they were doing and a reckless Big Nog. That said, most of the HW division is clueless on the ground so I guess it's as impressive as anything.

mir hater detected." mir submits only team hammerhouse members, and nog forget in that fight his sub defense suddenly and it was luck aswell"

Traven had fought once in the UFC before (at UFC 11), and was the 1999 ADCC Submission Wrestling World Championship open class champion and 6th degree black belt in BJJ.[10] Mir defeated Roberto Travern by armbar at 1:05 of round one at UFC 34: High Voltage

another can i guess.

Werdum has developed a pretty sick kickboxing game lately and i dont think mir wants any part of him on the ground. i pick werdum in a 3 round standup decision

Doubt this fight will happen, Werdum would KO him in the 2nd or 3rd.

I wont mind seeing Gonzaga vs Mir if Gonzaga beats Rothwell.

Wanted to see that fight a few years ago, both got KO power and the ability to submit each other. I think it will come down to who has the better chin, cant see Mir submitting Gonzaga unless he rocks him hard and gets a sub like the Kongo fight.

I think Werdum wouldn't go shooting for double legs and Mir won't be very eager about grappling with Werdum, so i guess Werdum's clinch would do the trick for him in getting the UD, Tko or maybe submission after rocking Mir.

I think Werdum wouldn't go shooting for double legs and Mir won't be very eager about grappling with Werdum, so i guess Werdum's clinch would do the trick for him in getting the UD, Tko or maybe submission after rocking Mir.

Good call, I can see Werdum dominating Mir in the clinch to a TKO.

BJJ is equal (MMA BJJ is diffence then "ortodox" BJJ) but Werdum standup fight is far better.

I think Nog ist same what he used to be, his hips are not so fast, but not taking anythink away from Mir the totally was better their second fight, but i think Werdum is better everywhere where fight goes,

Werdum via tko

Fabricio is 2 leagues above Mir right now.
Mir should get a couple of easy fights before he'll end up with some serious brain damage.

It would be a good fight to watch no doubt.

Back