Make Matt Brown vs Nick Diaz already, it's the right fight

I think Nick works him, but I can't imagine this fight being anything but violent and entertaining. I would pay pay per view money to see them throw down.

I have a funny feeling Diaz will fight Hendricks while a number 1 contender is being established with Rory/Woodley.

Brown doesnt deserve a title shot yet. Yeah, hes awesome, but Erick Silva is still his biggest win to date, that or Mike Pyle.

Nick hasn't won a fight since 2011, I wouldn't consider him a "live contender".

You can only knock him so much for inactivity. I have a lot of negative things to say when it comes to Nick, but I wouldn't underestimate his ability to return and perform.

Even based on the idea that Diaz doesn't deserve it, it'd be moreso on Brown on whether or not he would take the fight, and a win over Diaz would make Matt look incredible no matter how you try to spin it.

I'll knock him for inactivity when it's his own decision to turn down anything that isn't a title fight. The way the division changes, people getting better and actually amassing wins, Diaz still needs to reassert himself before he 'deserves' anything in the division. And like I said, considering it's Diaz turning down fights, I'm not sure how it's moreso on Brown whether or not to take the fight if that was on the table.

It'd be a great fight. Too bad it'll never happen.

It would be a sick fight, but in 5 rounds its quite possibly the best matchup for Diaz.

antique,wolf,perfect,beast,classic,ticket-6b49de27f8dd2e958d9e12220ebfb244_h.jpg

"please do not sell"

da ufc needs brock lesnar back...need to get over it. You can't make someone fight who doesn't want to fight, Nick Diaz isn't a fighter anymore. He won't take the fight, guaranteed.

However, Dana is alluding to the fact that Diaz is retired and has no desire to come back.

lol that's more Dana bullshit. Diaz has no desire to come back for whatever Dana is offering to pay him. If Dana would pay him what he wants, I'd bet Diaz would take whatever fight they wanted him to take.

Which sucks, because a lot of the fans are screaming for Dana to just pay Nick whatever he wants, and get him back in there. And Dana can afford to, without a doubt, but he's being Dana.

I mean, wasn't Chuck Liddell making around 1 million per fight at one point? And that was almost a decade ago. Now, Zuffa is "allegedly" worth 3.5 BILLION DOLLARS...but they can't afford to pay a guy like Nick the half a million he's asking for? Come on man, Nick is worth that. Pay the man, get him back in there, and market the shit out of him and make him a star, which will make the UFC money in the long run. It's not rocket surgery, Dana.

i agree perfect fight, but would UFC pay Diaz 500k to fight against Brown?

They might pay him 500k to fight against Condit or Rory though

The body shots from Diaz would decimate him. Would be potentially one of the greatest fights ever though

The UFC need Diaz back, they are crying out for his drawing power these days. And we know Diaz has enough money now that he isn't going to be strong-armed into fighting someone who will just lay n pray him. Diaz vs Brown would give both guys what they want - a firefight with a live contender in a high-profile match. It's the right move. And I wouldn't be surprised if Dana called it a title eliminator (even though Nick doesn't merit a title eliminator fight at this point in time).

Nope, fuck Nick Diaz. Brown needs a top 5 fighter(Condit, Lawler, Woodley, Rory), anything else is a bust. Nick doesn't even warrant a top 10 fighter now, tired of his BS, and his brothers.

Back