Make Matt Brown vs Nick Diaz already, it's the right fight

So after every welterweight fight, the winner should face Diaz? Nick is not even fighting.... Why not Woodley, Condit, Rory, or Lawler?

Brown deserves a title eliminator fight and I don't think a fight with Diaz who is retired and lost a bunch of fights prior to retiring will help much with getting a title fight. Great fight for box office $$$ and entertainment value.

like the ufc is ever consistent and fair with title shots. gina fucking carano may get a title shot for crying out loud.

make the fights that fans want to see. that's all that matters.

I want to see Diaz back in hopes to see him lose. I do give him props, he comes to fight everytime, I just don't like him. I would like to see him v.s. Brown though. That would give him a real challenge to see if Brown is ready for a title shot.

Brown will fight Diaz toe to toe and we all know what happens when strikers stand and bang with Nick. I see him KO'd/TKO'd.

Brown's got good striking, Nick's better. Brown's got good submissions- but yet again Diaz is better. The only area Brown excels is wrestling/TDD and this advantage will not be of much relevance in this fight.

That said I'd be super excited if this fight takes place.

Also Lawler vs Diaz II. Make it happen!!!

You're right in theory... but not in reality. The UFC is an organization where Gina Carano is being courted for a title shot and where Chael Sonnen got a crack at the lhw gold. Popularity matters.

Diaz ruined his popularity. A lot of people tuned in to watch him fight GSP after all the smack talk and he didn't even try to do anything. He probably lost the UFC a quarter million viewers with his awful performance.

I think Nick Diaz is too scared to fight anyone who might beat him, especially someone like Brown who could potentially beat him at his own game.

I want to see Diaz back in hopes to see him lose. I do give him props, he comes to fight everytime, I just don't like him. I would like to see him v.s. Brown though. That would give him a real challenge to see if Brown is ready for a title shot.

The only thing that fight would give Brown is concussion. Diaz is a terrible match up for him. The worst probably...

My goodness Diaz would wreck Brown. Brown would fold to the body shot onslaught of Diaz in three rounds or less.

Diaz doesn't deserve it, but he'd own Matt at his own game.

I could easily say he doesn't deserve it right now. It's not about whether or not he could beat Browne. It's about sitting idle while the division moves him by and forcing him to reassert himself before he 'deserves' anything in the division again.

You can only knock him so much for inactivity. I have a lot of negative things to say when it comes to Nick, but I wouldn't underestimate his ability to return and perform.

Even based on the idea that Diaz doesn't deserve it, it'd be moreso on Brown on whether or not he would take the fight, and a win over Diaz would make Matt look incredible no matter how you try to spin it.

Lol no. Diaz doesn't deserve a guy who is on 7 fight win streak.

But that win streak would come to an unceremonious end if he were to face Diaz. And I despise Diaz and think he is one of the P4P most overrated fighters in the history of all MMA. That being said, the truth is the truth and Diaz works him quite easily.

Brown vs Diaz or Lombard makes too much sense not to happen. They have to match him up with one of them. However, Dana is alluding to the fact that Diaz is retired and has no desire to come back.

Yes please.

We know Browns weakness is body shots and Diaz is one of the best at working the body.

antique,wolf,perfect,beast,classic,ticket-6b49de27f8dd2e958d9e12220ebfb244_h.jpg

Back