Blue Belt
Banned
Reaction score
Mine would be:

Alistair Overeem vs Stipe Miocic
Junior Dos Santos vs Travis Browne
Bigfoot Silva vs Josh Barnett.

you?

Perfect I would do the exact same...Browne off a loss vs JDS makes more sense than re-booking the Stipe match up

If Browne beats JDS he gets a title shot because c'mon he just beat frickin JDS doesn't matter that Travis just lost to Werdum

but if Browne loses then the winner of Reem vs Stipe should get the next title shot because they would both be legit contenders by then

I also just checked the rankings (i know a lot of fans think they mean nothing) and realized every fight would make perfect sense

Cain/Werdum is Champ vs #1
JDS/Browne would be #2 vs #3
Bigfoot/Barnett would be #4 vs #5
Stipe/Reem would be #6 vs #7
Hunt/Nelson is #8 vs #9

Overeem vs Browne or Bigfoot, I'd like to see him get at least one of those wins back before fighting JDS for a title shot.

Tough to say. JDS is in a spot where he can't fight for the title without several more wins. Having him fight contenders and potentially knocking them off is a bad idea. Same with Bigfoot. Overeem and Miocic are the only two viable challengers after Werdum. That being said... part of me thinks they shouldn't fight. Gives the division some depth. Barnett and Browne just fought, so I don't like that rematch, as well as Browne vs Overeem.

Miocic vs Bigfoot- Given Bigfoot's suspension ends in September, and Cain and Werdum won't fight til November, this gives Miocic a chance to get a marquee win, but enough time for the division to find another contender if Bigfoot wins.

Overeem vs Barnett- Same thing. The winner is right there in the title hunt. If Miocic falls, then the winner can easily step up.

JDS-Browne- same as you. Exciting, and both guys are young enough to theoretically recover and still climb the rankings with a loss. Neither guy is close to a title shot, given their losses to Cain and Werdum. So let's get one of them back on track to contend.

Ideally, the division would then have Miocic get the shot after Werdum, then Overeem, and then JDS/Browne winner (after a few more wins.) Assuming JDS makes it back into the title picture (which the nuthugger in me is convinced will happen) then Cain has had three chances to defend the title against new people in between their last fight. JDS could then fight say Miocic after he loses, and then maybe Barnett/Bigfoot?

Junior Dos Santos vs Josh Barnett
Alistair Overeem vs Stipe Miocic
Bigfoot Silva vs Travis Browne II

Some interesting match ups to make. I think the smartest match to make is Stipe vs Reem with winner getting a title shot. Because JDS beats Stipe and that just knocks off a contender. I wouldnt mind a Browne/Bigfoot rematch but Bigfoot and Barnett is a pretty good grudge match.

Also i think the Arlovski/Schaub winner, Rothwell and Soa with a win over Rosholt could be plugged in against Browne, Bigfoot or Barnett. All 6 of the guys mentioned are at the very least on a PPV card no matter who they fight, with the amount of shows the UFC does i could see them not matching all of them up and instead spreading the talent around a little.

Because overeem can't beat any of those guys, I'd like to see him out of that running so he can get some wins and be re sold to us for stipe or JDS to ko him. But I wanna see Bigfoot v barnett, Browne v Stipe, then JDS can recover while overeem beats up someone weak.

Bigfoot vs Stipe Miocic
Junior Dos Santos vs Travis Browne
Overeem vs Josh Barnett.

Allistair Vs. JDS
Browne Vs. Stipe
Bigfoot Vs. Barnett

Overeem vs. JDS
Stipe vs. Brown

the winners will fight each other to be the number one contender.

I'd say Overeem and Barnett because Overeem wants to fight in Japan

Stipe vs JDS

Browne vs Silva 2

Stipe vs Bigfoot
Browne vs JDS
Reem vs Barnett

Wouldn't mind
Browne vs Bigfoot II
Stipe vs Barnett
Reem vs JDS

Overeem vs jds
Miocic vs Browne
Silvas vs Barnett

Winner of arlovski/schaub has stake at the lower portion of the elimination gauntlet

Back