Make a Case for Cyborg

dmtpanic

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I still haven't seen a compelling argument as to how Cyborg can beat R3.

Cyborg's resume is garbage and she has no KO power.

Her skill level is on the same level as Bethe in my opinion. She just overwhelms opponents with sloppy punches.

R3 actually has multiple paths to a victory as she has proven KO power and worldclass grappling.

0111_Ronda_Rousey_vs_Bethe_Correia.0.0.jpg

Don't cry.

I would give her the 3rd best chance after McMann and Nunes, maybe 4th if NeoTate really has evolved that much. She has strength that could possibly let her defend Ronda's grappling better than most and doesn't have 1-shot KO power, but probably still the most power after Nunes and McMann.

I would give her the 3rd best chance after McMann and Nunes, maybe 4th if NeoTate really has evolved that much. She has strength that could possibly let her defend Ronda's grappling better than most and doesn't have 1-shot KO power, but probably still the most power after Nunes and McMann.
I agree with you.

I hope nobody takes this seriously

You appear to be a fan, can you give us a brief play by play of how Cyborg would win?

Preferably using examples from her previous fights.. so none of the "She'll KO her with one punch" bullshit, since Cyborg has never KOd anyone in her life

apparently she has devastating knockout power and would finish ronda in under 2 minutes

I guess the cyborg fans (ronda haters) have never actually watched her fight

Make 135 or nothing is going to happen

Ronda doesn't want her career to end this early

They are going to stretch this fight out

You appear to be a fan, can you give us a brief play by play of how Cyborg would win?

Preferably using examples from her previous fights.. so none of the "She'll KO her with one punch" bullshit, since Cyborg has never KOd anyone in her life

This is why Cyborg vs Ronda threads suck. TS doesn't want a real answer, he wants you to blindly say Ronda will win. Any real attempt at siding with Cyborg and you goons will blast them about how Ronda is better everywhere and call them a bunch of immature names.

With that being said, I'm not giving a brief play by play. Cyborg is much better in the clinch than any of Ronda other opponents. That alone gives her a better shot than Zingano and Correia. Her striking is good enough to compete for a world title in that particular sport (Muay thai). Albeit, she didn't win but Ronda didn't win gold.in the Olympics either. Her grappling is lrobably.average but it's her counter grappling that has really impressed me. Her suplexes against the head and arm were awesome in the Coenen fight. But you're right saying she would knock out Ronda with one punch would be ludicrous because it hasn't happened yet. I'd say it'll take about five or six to finish the job.

This is why Cyborg vs Ronda threads suck. TS doesn't want a real answer, he wants you to blindly say Ronda will win. Any real attempt at siding with Cyborg and you goons will blast them about how Ronda is better everywhere and call them a bunch of immature names.

With that being said, I'm not giving a brief play by play. Cyborg is much better in the clinch than any of Ronda other opponents. That alone gives her a better shot than Zingano and Correia. Her striking is good enough to compete for a world title in that particular sport (Muay thai). Albeit, she didn't win but Ronda didn't win gold.in the Olympics either. Her grappling is lrobably.average but it's her counter grappling that has really impressed me. Her suplexes against the head and arm were awesome in the Coenen fight. But you're right saying she would knock out Ronda with one punch would be ludicrous because it hasn't happened yet. I'd say it'll take about five or six to finish the job.

Five or six? Is that why it took her 2 rounds to beat Baszler, nearly 5 rounds to beat Coenen? decision to beat Takanashi, 2 rounds to beat Akano, 2 rounds to beat Finney, decision to beat Porto?

How exactly is she going to beat Ronda with 5 punches? Are you seriously going to claim Ronda has weaker chin than those nobodies?

Also highlighted/underlined are nonsense statements

See this is why we can't take you guys seriously.. 5 or 6 punches to finish Ronda?

Cyborg needed 89 punches to finish Finney
http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/c5d5dcd8a5f2ee7b

Last edited:
Did you see Tates last fight? Just curious.

Also, I agree TS, Cyborg is just a bigger version of Correia.

That alone gives her a better shot than Zingano and Correia.

Well I don't think anyone would disagree Cyborg has a much better chance than Correia.

Jessica Eye would have had a better chance than Correia even with it being very slim lol.

Heck Rin Nakai would... ok maybe maybe not but she would have at least the same chance as Correia which was practically none.

It would be nice if the fight would hapen , who would win , bouth have stronger and weaker points but i would bet on Ronda , if she will not engage in to the brawl will go in later rounds will fight technically she will win the stand up , the question if it goes on the ground will cyborg be stronger physically and dominates , with ground n pound other wise Ronda all the way.

Here's a good case for cyborg

syringe_hypodermic_set_Dumez_Lepetit_Paris_c.jpg

i like rousey more and would root for her. but i think cyborg mauls her. i think cyborg wins via tko or due to cuts. similar to joanna yenjaychick, i think the power punches in volume will be to much for rousey's face

yeah, it's not enough to critique cyborg for lacking one punch ko power--a lot of fighters don't have that--since she can finish. and i think the strongest point made here is that she is a beast in the clinch. i have no idea how that will play out against ronda, but it has to be mentioned.

and her striking is among the best in wmma. no doubt. but obviously her size is the biggest advantage. she's never been the smaller girl in a fight.

Yes obviously, it was an absolute shock that she took over against Eye standing up, that's why she has the NeoTate name now.

She looked TERRIBLE tho for most of the fight! So sloppy!!! I was wondering about the new moniker, thanks. The fact that she is next in line for a third shot is a complete joke & I am straining to even think of a precedent for this since it isn't a rubber match.

Wait, didn't Barnett Crocop fight 3 times? :p

BTW, Zingano is not exactly poor in the clinch.

BTW, Zingano is not exactly poor in the clinch.
I really thought Zingano would last a bit longer, I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch after a couple wins. One of the few BW fights I want to see.

as a ronda fan who thinks ronda can beat her,cyborg is definitley alot tougher than most of the women ronda has fought. I used to think she was just a bully but after that Jorina baars fight,it showed that you could really hurt her and she will still be up to fight,and we havent seen that from rondas opponents. Mcmann got a knee to the body and crumpled in agony,and best not to even talk about Davis. I think Cyborg may get thrown and armbarred easy,its possible,but i dont see her folding from rondas striking attacks in 20 seconds. At least not at a weight shes comfortable with. At 135,which i dont ever see her making,she probably wont be the same.

Back