Majors vs minors

SideKickPro24

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
It’s always been said that the ufc is the best of the best. But is it really true? I remember when pride was around and they were the b league. But anyone who truly watched pride knew they weren’t worse than ufc fighters. Same with Strikeforce, and WEC.

So is the talent that much better, or is it just the promotion. Furthermore I can remember when GSP was fighting guys like alves and hardy. Rory, condit, and Hendricks were all in the division, and they probably could’ve beaten alves then. But they had to fight each other, and a loss to an unranked would set them back, and a win didn’t put them that far forward.

I guess my question is do you guys really think that the fighters in bellator, one, etc. couldn’t compete in the ufc? Plenty of guys from the ufc go on to loose there. Or don’t dominate the way you’d think.

Last edited:
UFC has the deepest roster and has the most talent in a single promotion. Sure other promotions have guys that would, and in some cases have been, successful in the UFC. It isn't a matter of UFC having all the best fighters, they have most of the best fighters.

Bellator is a combination of up and comers (some could be successful in the UFC), disgruntled UFC fighters who left after their contract (some would still be successful Phil Davis, Mousasi, Bader), and senior citizens (they would not be able to hang in UFC).

UFC from top to bottom IS the major league of MMA. Like pro basketball, you can play in Europe or China and make a good living, but you ain't crap if you didn't play in the NBA.

It’s always been said that the ufc is the best of the best. But is it really true? I remember when pride was around and they were the b league. But anyone who truly watched pride knew they weren’t worse than ufc fighters. Same with Strikeforce, and WEC.

So is the talent that much better, or is it just the promotion. Furthermore I can remember when GSP was fighting guys like alves and hardy. Rory, condit, and Hendricks were all in the division, and they probably could’ve beaten alves then. But they had to fight each other, and a loss to an unranked would set them back, and a win didn’t put them that far forward.

I guess my question is do you guys really think that the fighters in bellator, one, etc. couldn’t compete in the ufc? Plenty of guys from the ufc go on to loose there. Or don’t dominate the way you’d think.

who has more top level talent?

During the Pride days I use to think that the UFC was the number one org. Boy was I wrong..

The idea that the UFC is the only organization with top-tier talent was disproved a long, long, time ago and on numerous occasions.

This is highlighted by the variety of top fighters who came in from outside of the UFC and became champs (Cormier, Rockhold, Rampage, Shogun, to name a few), as well by the many others who have been consistent top 10 level fighters in their division.

Back