Social Major media outlets rewrite narrative on covid

Of course it does. If you interpret it as written instead of playing conspiracy theorist.

Recognizing that insidious politicians use revisionist meanings to expand their power, and thus being cynical when they are less precise than they could be is not being a conspiracy theorist.

I brought up transgender normalization supported by the AG's party to highlight the problem. Leftists have used the Civil Rights Act of 1964's ban on sex discrimination to justify expanding state power into punishing people for "gender identity" discrimination.

When a party has a track record of using revisionist concepts to expand the government's power to punish, especially in favor of "marginalized" groups, of course I'm going to want its politicians to be as precise as possible when delineating who is liable to be punished.

Holy shit you guys are focused on the wrong thing. Who cares what the racist-ass president calls it. He's going to be a racist moron all the time. What matters is that he botched this entire situation and helped get people killed.

Spain (population 46.6m) has had 1380+
France (population 66.9m) has had 560+
The UK (population 66.6m) has had 230+
The US (population 327.5m) has had <350

But Trumped botched the whole thing? GTFO

Nothing racist or wrong with reminding China where it came from so that they step up their game and don't let it happen again.

We certainly don't need another virus like this killing more people in the future.

Recognizing that insidious politicians use revisionist meanings to expand their power, and thus being cynical when they are less precise than they could be is not being a conspiracy theorist.

I brought up transgender normalization supported by the AG's party to highlight the problem. Leftists have used the Civil Rights Act of 1964's ban on sex discrimination to justify expanding state power into punishing people for "gender identity" discrimination.

When a party has a track record of using revisionist concepts to expand the government's power to punish, especially in favor of "marginalized" groups, of course I'm going to want its politicians to be as precise as possible when delineating who is liable to be punished.

You need to give up your tranny obsession. They represent a tiny fraction of the population. What pronoun you call them is completely irrelevant compared to the economy, foreign policy, healthcare, global warming, and all these larger issues. It does not matter and has nothing to do with this discussion.

You need to give up your tranny obsession. They represent a tiny fraction of the population. What pronoun you call them is completely irrelevant compared to the economy, foreign policy, healthcare, global warming, and all these larger issues. It does not matter and has nothing to do with this discussion.

Acting in conformity with the truth is fundamental to human flourishing. Forcing people to affirm nonsense is an affront to people's dignity.

I don't know if it was man made or not, but now that the elite and Western politicians see how much power and control they can consolidate from something like this, expect more viruses to magically pop up in the future.

Spain (population 46.6m) has had 1380+
France (population 66.9m) has had 560+
The UK (population 66.6m) has had 230+
The US (population 327.5m) has had <350

But Trumped botched the whole thing? GTFO
I don't think @MilesAbove has the ability to handle fractions. You need an emotional appeal, preferably with racism, sexism and privilege.

Acting in conformity with the truth is fundamental to human flourishing. Forcing people to affirm nonsense is an affront to people's dignity.

Dude, what the fuck do trannies have to do with the Coronavirus?

Jesus, hire one of those guys for a night, fulfill your wish, then shut the fuck up about em!

Dude, what the fuck do trannies have to do with the Coronavirus?

Jesus, hire one of those guys for a night, fulfill your wish, then shut the fuck up about em!

Have you been following the conversation? If so it'd be clear to you why I brought it. To recapitulate, the NJ AG issued an ambiguous statement warning of punishment for harassment for people who say "Chinese virus" in the workplace. Blaseblah accused me (and possibly others) of not being able to read for saying the AG wants to punish people for saying "Chinese virus", as though he's merely highlighting that there are anti-harassment laws on the books and he intends for them to be enforced. My position is that we shouldn't be so charitable in interpreting the vague words of politicians, given politicians' history of breathing new meaning into words to expand their power.

SARs came from North America do we call it the North American virus

No, SARS like almost every other virus and disease came from CHY-NA.

SARS appeared in 2002 in China. It spread worldwide within a few months, though it was quickly contained. SARS is a virus transmitted through droplets that enter the air when someone with the disease coughs, sneezes, or talks. No known transmission has occurred since 2004.

OGC.3515947fe87e7a25092364de48f507e5

It's a baby sloth! :)

I’ve been calling Chinamen “Minners” since 2002. Hasn’t caught on so it isn’t racist.

Now we got an actual dangerous epidemic on our hands thanks to Trump, obviously much worse than any flu. Eat your bat-soup, children.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_incidents_of_xenophobia_and_racism_related_to_the_2019–20_coronavirus_pandemic

Priorities, right.

There's bigger fish but this kind of stuff does make me sad tbh. Asian-Americans are among the most educated, hardworking and productive citizens in the country. From my perspective, it's entirely a geopolitical issue to do with the CCP (ask me how I feel about Taiwan) and they insisted on going there.

It's also their domestic policies - including the existence of mainland wet markets - that are to blame for this spiraling out of control. Midtown Manhattan is seriously and ordinarily one of the most civilized places on Earth.

On 13 February 2020, Los Angeles authorities spoke out against a number of bullying incidents and assaults against the Asian-American community, including a middle-schooler being beaten and hospitalized. A 16-year-old boy in San Fernando Valley was physically attacked by bullies in his high school who accused him of having the coronavirus because he is Asian-American.

On 10 March 2020, a Korean woman in Midtown Manhattan, was confronted on the street by somebody yelling "Where is your corona mask, you Asian bitch?" before punching the woman, dislocating her jaw. Later in the week, an Asian man walking with his 10-year-old son was harassed by a person yelling, "Where the fuck is your mask? You fucking Chinese" before being hit over the head.

Another incident occurred on 16 March where a woman in Midtown Manhattan was spat upon, and had her hair pulled out by a woman who blamed her for coronavirus. In the New York City Subway, a woman wearing a face mask was punched and kicked by a man who called her "diseased".

China notified the WHO as soon as they isolated the virus in early to mid jan. How do you think S Korea was able to have tests ready to go before they even had any cases? Trump and many other leaders have fumbled the ball like the idiots they are. He's a lying buffon who downplayed it from the very begining and he makes his own Infectious disease director facepalm live on national tv. Yes he is so stupid he made an immunologist touch his own face.
Bipartisan experts have confirmed that China tried to cover the virus at during the early Wuhan outbreak, even as their own doctors tried to get the message out, causing unfathomable damage to the world.... but I guess the Communists need their little supporters like you...so.....keep up the good work?

I haven't heard anyone but right wingers say this, seems like a very obvious strawman.
So then you agree it is from China then, right? And therefore it follows that we can call it (as about 50 CNN / MSNBC ‘journalists’ were doing a month ago) the ‘Chinese Virus’ without being racist. Correct?

So then you agree it is from China then, right? And therefore it follows that we can call it (as about 50 CNN / MSNBC ‘journalists’ were doing a month ago) the ‘Chinese Virus’ without being racist. Correct?
They called it the Chinese coronavirus or just coronavirus, nobody said ‘Chiner virus’

They called it the Chinese coronavirus or just coronavirus, nobody said ‘Chiner virus’
They were calling it the Wuhan virus or the Wuhan / Chinese Coronavirus.....are you still honestly arguing this point? Or are you trying to split the hair of the added “Coronavirus” at the end?

Back