Social Major media outlets rewrite narrative on covid

Great. Just don't do it repeatedly to an Asian person.
Don't tell me what to do!!!

For real though, no Asians at work, but we have a Mexican that goes by the name Chino (Chinese in Spanish) would that count? I really don't think he would be offended, he's a very mild mannered person.

Ambiguity is the MO for insidious politicians. Here's the statement:

It doesn't specify anything about repeatedly going up to an East Asian. Now, I agree that harassment entails repeatedly saying something to someone that they do not want to hear, but the AG's party has been blitzing to redefine girl and woman as not entailing being born without testicles, and for decades has supported "affirmative action" despite laws against racial discrimination. So naturally I'm not going to charitably assume when the NJ AG says "harassment" he must be using it in a way consistent with its actual meaning. Perhaps repeatedly saying something in the same vicinity as someone is the new definition of harassment, even if the statement isn't directed at the offended person. He needs to clarify.

{<huh}

What the heck do transgender people have to do with this? You're going off the rails here.

You were ranting about this yesterday as well. I'll repeat, the transgender issue is the least important issue of this campaign cycle. Literally. I can't stress enough how irrelevant it is compared to everything else that is going on.

Don't tell me what to do!!!

For real though, no Asians at work, but we have a Mexican that goes by the name Chino (Chinese in Spanish) would that count? I really don't think he would be offended, he's a very mild mannered person.

I won't. Your employer will determine if it is harassment.

{<huh}

What the heck do transgender people have to do with this? You're going off the rails here.

You were ranting about this yesterday as well. I'll repeat, the transgender issue is the least important issue of this campaign cycle. Literally. I can't stress enough how irrelevant it is compared to everything else that is going on.

He didn't specify that only those who repeatedly go up to East Asians and say "Chinese virus" are liable for harassment charges. He could have said, "Just a reminder: NJ has laws against harassment. Repeatedly going up to an East Asian person and telling him or her about the 'Chinese virus' can get one punished for harassment."

See how simple that is? And it avoids the ambiguity of his press release statement.

He didn't specify that only those who repeatedly go up to East Asians and say "Chinese virus" are liable for harassment charges. He could have said, "Just a reminder: NJ has laws against harassment. Repeatedly going up to an East Asian person and telling him or her about the 'Chinese virus' can get one punished for harassment."

See how simple that is? And it avoids the ambiguity of his press release statement.

I'm pretty sure if you were ranting about a Chinese virus to a few people and one of them was Chinese it could also constitute harrassment. Even if you weren't directly speaking at them.

This is what the relaxed crime laws lead to during the crisis.

Casually stealing make-up because you know nothing will happen.

giphy.gif
Wow these publications are really really trying to convince us that the virus isn’t Chinese now???? Why???? WHY are they so concerned with trying to alter reality to the point that they’re spoon feeding us lies about covid not being a fucking Chinese born illness. FACT CHECK FUCKERS: the virus CAME FROM CHINA. Period. End of goddamn story.

CTEUPDATE: because sherdoggers seem to suffer collective CTE/fetal alcohol syndrome, I’m going to explain that there has been a constant media war changing the direction of the narrative about the Wuhan virus. The USA Today article is ONE EXAMPLE OF DOZENS OF ARTICLES claiming that the virus isn’t Chinese. T.H.I.S. Article Saying it wasn’t created in a LAB is just one more step in the process of getting people to redirect their focus. NOBODY IN THE MAIN STREAM BELIEVES IT WAS MADE IN A LAB. BUT THAT VIRUS IS CHINESE AS FUCK -> Reporters IN THE WHITE HOUSE confronting the president about him calling it Chinese. ETC ETC ETC.

Extra: my Chinese landlord sent me this a few days ago with our utilities. He openly claimed the CCP is lying about the pandemic to an American in writing. That should tell you how bad the pandemic REALLY is.

Also: these things matter, the CCP is actively sending people into the laogai (prison) system for blaming China for the virus. Not saying it was MADE by the government, but just that it came from China and they didn’t do everything they could to stop its spreading. The Chinese themselves are the ones saying this and complaining the CCP let the virus spread.

BTW: the Black Death ALSO came from China, “fact check” that USA Today motherfuckers

https://apple.news/AaAz4CtafTIGjFM2_yl1dWg

If this media pulications are owned by Americans maybe they should be charge with conspiracy to comit treason.

My dude. Disease will come. It will come in many forms and in my levels of severity over your/my lifetime. What matters is how you mitigate the problem. The US failed miserably at it. That was in large part due to a failure of the current administration and the man who heads it. Don't get caught up in dumb shit. Demand better from your government.

Keep lapping up CNN

This is what the relaxed crime laws lead to during the crisis.

Casually stealing make-up because you know nothing will happen.

there’s a new one of these every week, because of prop 47 all theft under 950 from stores is a misdemeanor. Can’t afford to jail people for petty theft man. Republicans wanted it too

Nobody is saying it's not from China, people are debunking the claims that it's made in a lab in China. I don't know whether or not it's lab made or not, I don't have the expertise. But don't pretend people are now trying to make it look it's not from China, they're not.

Who are you convincing here, anyway? It's some sort of weird alt-right ideology reaffirming ritual?

'Alt-right'. Lol.

there’s a new one of these every week, because of prop 47 all theft under 950 from stores is a misdemeanor. Can’t afford to jail people for petty theft man. Republicans wanted it too

That isn't the problem now though. They are using the crisis as an opportunity to steal.

The hooplah over a name helps Trump because it will distract from what a horrific job he's done up to this point.

Most of the stuff he said was true at the time. While others were getting mass infections we lagged behind and didn't have much damage from it. It was true. Not a single person in America had died when he said most of that, and he wanted to keep the economy from crashing. If LESS people were allowed to come in under travel bans, it could have ended up all true. It did not, and as it appeared that some a**holes brought it here, things got worse. Yes, I would say it would have been prudent to put aside protecting peoples 410Ks to warn people it COULD become a problem here, but he tried to remain positive.

Is that really all you got?

You got any clips of Obama not talking about the 16,000 H1N1 deaths?

But Obama...

That's still less than it is in many other states. In Texas theft under 1500 is a misdemeanor.

I'm pretty sure if you were ranting about a Chinese virus to a few people and one of them was Chinese it could also constitute harrassment. Even if you weren't directly speaking at them.

Whether it's done in a group or 1 on 1 setting is irrelevant. If a person made these "rants" repeatedly to the Chinese person, whether in group or 1 on 1 interactions, and the Chinese person told the person to stop bringing up the Chinese virus to him/her, then that would probably constitute harassment.

Of course, the NJ AG's statement doesn't specify this.

Whether it's done in a group or 1 on 1 setting is irrelevant. If a person made these "rants" repeatedly to the Chinese person, whether in group or 1 on 1 interactions, and the Chinese person told the person to stop bringing up the Chinese virus to him/her, then that would probably constitute harassment.

Of course, the NJ AG's statement doesn't specify this.

Of course it does. If you interpret it as written instead of playing conspiracy theorist.

Back