Major injuries you had as a kid.

CastletonSnob

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
What was the worst injury you ever had as a kid?

When I was a kid, I touched the hot part of a gas heater and got 3rd degree burns.

Almost lost an eye after smashing a glass bottle that had had its lid on after a bonfire.

Almost lost an eye after smashing a glass bottle that had had its lid on after a bonfire.
On the upside if that did happen you get to wear an eyepatch and talk like a pirate

Took out acl, ligament and meniscus in my right knee..

Got knocked out wrecking a bike going downhill. If I remember correctly it cracked the main bar on the bike and my helmet. I was ten so I'm not sure how much is real after all these years.

Hmm.

Slipped and smashed my eyebrow onto the edge of a radiator. Needed 6 stitches. My mother fainted in the ER.

Cycling to work, chain came off , I went over the front of the bike , smashed my front teeth out , ripped chunks out of my face , cut open my nose , inside of mouth , lips and forehead.

Broke my collarbone, elbow and wrist falling off a balcony at my aunts house. The elbow was a severe compound fracture that had me in traction for about a month. While in traction I got an infection that almost resulted in me needing to have my arm amputated.

Vllzqha.jpg

I broke my wrist after landing awkwardly trying to do a back flip off of a swing. We didn't have health insurance and were pretty poor so my neighbor reset the bone , I was 6.

Broke my collarbone, elbow and wrist falling off a balcony at my aunts house. The elbow was a severe compound fracture that had me in traction for about a month. While in traction I got an infection that almost resulted in me needing to have my arm amputated.

Vllzqha.jpg
Damn. That's awful, bro. Do you remember much of it?

When I was really young, say 4 or 5, I tried to jump over a chain that marked a walking path/line while on a vacation trip with family.

I ate shit and cracked my head open.

I have absolutely zero memory of this or of the trip at all.

Probably no long term damage. But I got to say sometimes I wonder if it played a part in how fuckded up I am

My worst injuries were tipping over my stroller & splitting my chin open when I was a baby & falling off a slide & spraining my wrist when I was six. Nothing major.

i fell out of a tree and broke my arm when i was 10

beginning of 4th grade. We put a mattress on the floor. I went to jump off the couch and flip onto the mattress... just landed on my head. Couldn't move. Sprained my neck.

1st night in the hospital I had to puke and called the nurse. Just as she was getting the puke bowl to me I barfed all over her and my jammies... then the replacement jammies sucked and were way too small.
Then I slept with a brick covered by a thin sheet on both sides of my head forever.
Then I get to wear a neckbrace for ever and go to school.

Oh, when I was like 2 we had our dog on the chain and he walked around and around me then a bee stung him and the little fucker freaked out and the chain broke my thigh bone.

Well, that's good. That had to be a miserable experience.

Another thing that goes along with it, is when I finally got home I fell down and hit the back of my head because the cast was heavy. I ended up needing 12 stitches. My mom brought me to the same emergency room to get them and she told me years later that the doctors wanted to call the police on her because they thought she was abusing me.

<36>

Got knocked out wrecking a bike going downhill. If I remember correctly it cracked the main bar on the bike and my helmet. I was ten so I'm not sure how much is real after all these years.
You are still in a coma and everything you are experiencing is a dream

Back