Mairis Briedis vs Olanrewaju Durodola on 2016-05-14

KillerIsBack V2

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
This is a good fight and whoever wins this deserves a CW titleshot instantly no question.

Remember when that bearded exotic white thatt has been knocking everyone left and right, even seano was impressed with how he KOed Gomez. then comes Olan and outboxes and outmuscles and KOs the white hope in 2 rounds. Here's that exciting fight for whoever wants:

And as we all remmember how undefeated CW Mairis put away Manuel Charr in 5 rounds last year an continued to win dominantly after:

Looking forward to this one

Dmitry lost??
Ha! Had no idea that happened. Thanks for link

That's the guy who beat Kudryashov... Man I thought Dmitry would finish him easily (he almost did), but Olanrewaju showed great heart.

Weird ending to this fight.

Anyone else think that the stoppage came out from nowhere??

Olanrewaju brought that stoppage on by a complete lack of activity in the last round and a half. It was a bad stoppage in the sense that he didn't seem hurt, but he also wasn't doing a thing to make it seem like he had any will to win either. Bad stoppage to me, but I can see the other viewpoint.

Neither fighter impressed me in that fight however. Thanks for posting it though, I'm not well versed at CW.

Olanrewaju was hurt badly, he spit out mouthpiece 2 times, refferee even tried to save him by giving time with glove tape cut off. Mairis clearly was the better boxer and stoppage was good to protect Olanrewaju from unnecessary punishment.

Back