Mairbek Taisumov - 6 month USADA suspension (Stanozolol)

So that is why but your post doesn't state that is why he got 6 months....

I can always rely on sherdog if I want to talk to dickheads though.
Grow the fuck up, dude. It's nobody's fault but your own that you didn't read the 3rd sentence in the OP.

Also what sucks is Petr Yan advertised the same tainted supplements in question, he's most likely next.

Also what sucks is Petr Yan advertised the same tainted supplements in question, he's most likely next.
yep, that's what concerns me. But I wouldn't be so sure that he took those supplements himself, at the end of the day it was just a few Instagram posts with copy-pasted text.

upd: fucking hell, this is bad.

Is the 6 month suspension only so that stuff gets out of his system? If its been proven to be contaminated,why suspend him at all?

I feel this is unfortunate for Des Green -- he fought very valiantly in that fight (I scored it for Taisumov but felt it was very close) against a guy that was way overweight. Plus he fought previously against Michel Prazeres who came in way overweight and I felt he comfortably won that fight. It was nice to see him get an impressive finish against Pearson. As for Taisumov? I got kinda sick of the supplement excuse a while ago. Do I think he's lying? Honestly, no, but I feel that at this point, the athletes should understand the lack of oversight in supplements and do some research on the ones they take. Some supplement companies offer multi million dollar insurance liabilities if you get popped from one of their products. Anyway, glad it's only 6 months -- Taisumov has been overlooked in my opinion. He hasn't had the toughest opposition aside from Des Green, but he is on a major streak that warrants a top 10-15 opponent in my opinion.

Is someone just setting up supplement companies with PEDs in them just to give people an excuse when they fail?

Lmao this is exactly it

Why don’t these companies get sued or stalling and/or ruining careers?

They’re in on it

I feel this is unfortunate for Des Green -- he fought very valiantly in that fight (could've gone either way) against a guy that was way overweight. Plus he fought previously against Michel Prazeres who came in way overweight and I felt he comfortably won that fight. It was nice to see him get an impressive finish against Pearson. As for Taisumov? I got kinda sick of the supplement excuse a while ago. Do I think he's lying? Honestly, no, but I feel that at this point, the athletes should understand the lack of oversight in supplements and do some research on the ones they take. Some supplement companies offer multi million dollar insurance liabilities if you get popped from one of their products. Anyway, glad it's only 6 months -- Taisumov has been overlooked in my opinion. He hasn't had the toughest opposition aside from Des Green, but he is on a major streak that warrants a top 10-15 opponent in my opinion.
what do you mean by "excuse"? Usada worked with him and were able to find out that it was indeed a tainted supplement.

Yeah, but hopefully USADA realizes Stanozolol wasn't even listed under the supplement and fixes their bullshit.

ok, ive seen.. bugger..

Thats not how it works though, if you take supplements that arent certified you bear some responsibility. thats how they view it.

another alhamduillah...no surprise...those dagestanis sure love their doping. Allah does not see this i guess.

what do you mean by "excuse"? Usada worked with him and were able to find out that it was indeed a tainted supplement.
I know -- it's a valid excuse in my opinion. Sorry my wording is somewhat weird -- I guess I just wish that fighters would choose supplements that are more accountable. I'm happy it was resolved.

He should start cycling the real deal now, and then just say hes pulsing everytime he pops.

so the guy actually provided a solid proof of a tainted supplement and still gets a ban with hes reputation tarnished ... what was he supposed to do ? lab test every cup of water he drinks ?
they went over the hill with JJ picogram shit ... no this

USADA advises against taking supplements

Yeah, but hopefully USADA realizes Stanozolol wasn't even listed under the supplement and fixes their bullshit.

the bigger concern is if Yan is involved with that company he may know whats inside them..

You still aren’t making sense because at the end of the day ANYBODY who is taking ANY form of tainted supplement still receives the same punishment. It’s not like they clear you and give you money you miss out on.

I can tell you’ve never played any types of sports because no matter you HAVE to take supps. Just because he wasn’t taking some high end Muscletech products doesn’t mean he was taking bad products. Every country is different. You have to take what you can to make sure your body is staying at a high level at all times. It’s about trusting the company that makes it however and if something comes back that isn’t supposed to be in the ingredients then that isn’t the fighters fault.

As I say there are third party certified supplements. There are good supplement choices and bad supplement choices and penalties accordingly.

USADA take into account degree of risk.

At one end, you have a fighter that only uses third party certified supplements, that thoroughly researches brands etc before using them. They are deemed to have taken little or no risk, and will probably get nothing more than a warning.

Then you have an athlete who doesnt use third party certified supplements or do thorough research, but buys what they think are reputable looking brands. They will be deemed to have taken a certain amount of risk. They maybe get 6 months for their degree of fault/responsibility.

Then you get an athlete who takes no care at all, buys supplements called Super-Shred-Gains, from no name websites.. they have taken a much higher degree of risk and must bear a greater amount of responsibility.

Then you get the guy who has taken a dick pill, which was crushed and broken,l from a packet that said "for research purposes only - not for human consumption", they are deemed by an arbitration panel as "reckless"

You still aren’t making sense because at the end of the day ANYBODY who is taking ANY form of tainted supplement still receives the same punishment. It’s not like they clear you and give you money you miss out on.

I can tell you’ve never played any types of sports because no matter you HAVE to take supps. Just because he wasn’t taking some high end Muscletech products doesn’t mean he was taking bad products. Every country is different. You have to take what you can to make sure your body is staying at a high level at all times. It’s about trusting the company that makes it however and if something comes back that isn’t supposed to be in the ingredients then that isn’t the fighters fault.

you clearly didnt read what I said.

Theres percieved levels of risk.

If you take nothing but third party certified supplements you are considered to have minimized your risk as much as possible, and are unlikely to get any more than a warning.

In fact, NO THIRD PARTY CERTIFIED SUPPLEMENT HAS EVER BEEN RESPONSIBLE FOR A POSITIVE TEST

Nobody is saying dont take supplements, its about choices and levels of risk

if you minimize your risk, using certified reputable products you will face no punishment.. at the other end of the scale if you are reckless you will get no reduction.

I can tell you now, if you walk into GNC, they have more than SEVENTY own label supplements that are third party certified by informed-choice and if you tested positive as a result of using one of those supplements you would face NO suspension.

And yes, I have played sports, and I have been in the testing pool. And I used supplements, BUT there was about a 0.0000000000000001% chance of me ever testing positive and even then I would have likely faced zero suspension because the supplements I used were all third party certified.

Last edited:
Back