Economy Mainstream media ignores miner's strike in Alabama

Yes, becuase becuase the MSM is made up largely of democrats you figure they would at least mention it. They did used to be the party of the working class did they not? And this is a relatively large strike, with replications.

The problem here is that they are the wrong workers from the wrong state. Like you basically admitted in your first reply these guys are probably republican so they aren't worthy of the coverage.

They would sooner cover somebody from the inner-city with 7 kids that works at Wendy's.
So why isn't the conservative media covering it. You guys always stop your analysis halfway. Why isn't it a lead story on Fox or why isn't Mark Levin talking about it?

This is what I mean when I say that you want the partisanship, you just don't want to be honest about wanting it. Because if you really cared about the miners, you'd be wondering where NewsMax is on this story just as much as you're wondering about liberal media. But you're not because you don't care about the miners. You care about making partisan media commentary, the miners be damned.

What does any of this have to do with liberal networks being liberal? No one was covering it. The TS focused on the "liberal networks". I explained that no one was covering it, liberal or conservative, and why.

You're talking to me about the politicizing of media but you're just going to give the politicizing in the OP a pass? Fine, I'll let it be.
You are right - neither liberal nor conservative news cares to exude liberal values.

So why isn't the conservative media covering it. You guys always stop your analysis halfway. Why isn't it a lead story on Fox or why isn't Mark Levin talking about it?

This is what I mean when I say that you want the partisanship, you just don't want to be honest about wanting it. Because if you really cared about the miners, you'd be wondering where NewsMax is on this story just as much as you're wondering about liberal media. But you're not because you don't care about the miners. You care about making partisan media commentary, the miners be damned.
Im not excusing fox news ether, but the rest of the msm is still represented by the left. And like i said before, for a party that claims to be representative of the working class this certainly shows you exactly how much the party has changed.

because they're citizens; the backbone of our economy and supply chain. If the News ignored a problem that targeted a left-leaning, you'd be complaining. (Right wing media ignoring police brutality in the 80s for example)

You're being willfully ignorant. I like some of your posts, but this is one of your exceptionally bad ones.

Mainstream media outlets made a couple of Karens arguing over a leash at a dog park national news because it fit a leftist narrative: "America is racist." Perfect timing before an election, and helped in a snowball effect, coupled with the Ahmed Aubrey story leading to the George Floyd riots.

however the issue in the OP gets ignored.

So leftist issues are being highlighted and a huge part of the country is being ignored; If you dont see why thats problematic youre just lying to yourself out of partisanship.

Workers rights ARE a big leftist issue.

Funny how I don't see this on any major conservative news outlet....

The deep state runs truly deep
<{1-1}>

Im not excusing fox news ether, but the rest of the msm is still represented by the left. And like i said before, for a party that claims to be representative of the working class this certainly shows you exactly how much the party has changed.
Listen to what you're saying. "I'm not excusing Guy #1 but I'm only going to analyze about Guy #2." Well, that's pretty much what excusing someone looks like. A refusal to hold them to account while only holding other people to account.

The GOP claims to be the party to support miners and similar workers while opposing the liberal's Green New Deal. They made a big deal about it during the last election when they were painting the liberals as elitists and trying to take away these types of jobs. They've also made Alabama an important state for them, with Trump and others consistently weighing in those local elections. Or does that no longer matter because it's not an election year?

Halfway analysis.

Listen to what you're saying. "I'm not excusing Guy #1 but I'm only going to analyze about Guy #2." Well, that's pretty much what excusing someone looks like. A refusal to hold them to account while only holding other people to account.

Yes I'm not excusing ether side but if your side indeed is supposedly the party of the "working class" and crickets when something happens with blue collar workers then they should be held to account for this. Or at least admit that your side is certainly starting to no longer care about the working class unless it scores political points. Which is appears to be the case here.

The GOP claims to be the party to support miners and similar workers while opposing the liberal's Green New Deal. They made a big deal about it during the last election when they were painting the liberals as elitists and trying to take away these types of jobs. They've also made Alabama an important state for them, with Trump and others consistently weighing in those local elections. Or does that no longer matter because it's not an election year?

Halfway analysis.

Well in this case republicans were right. Liberals do not care for these jobs, and won't even bother to report on a major strike which you think they would use to thier advantage.

Im not using a halfway analysis, republicans don't typically intervene in these matters of company vs worker anyways (whether you agree with this or not is besides the point) But your side used to be all over this kind of story, and that in itself proves the party no longer cares to gain support from these people becuase they see them as the enemy.

Republicans at least care enough to ensure theres a job there to begin with. But i agree it'd be nice if they cared to report on this story also.

That's the problem though. Too many of you guys care about some Karen yelling something mUh RaCiSm for 15 seconds than actual workers getting the shaft. It's example number 174 that we don't have a party to represent the "working class".
You guys? What guys? Where's OANs report on the strike? Millions voted for trump where's their outrage for these guys begging for livable wages and better health benefits. Hmm sounds like left wing narrative... Good luck finding a right wing rag to champion for living wages and better healthcare lol, I believe they can pull up their boot straps or find another job, that's what hannity and tucker have told me

Back