Maia should be next for Lawler

Maia should be banned from 5 rounders but oh yeah, on sherdog you're only as good as your last fight

He dominated Laflare for 4.5 rounds or so and he should be banned from 5 rounders for getting tired? Why?

Who does Maia win against? He certainly isn't getting Carlos Condit by beating Neil Magny.

Eh, yeah he's ready for a #1 contender fight or something very close to it. Condit/Maia would certainly not be a weird fight to make if not for Condit getting a shot at the belt. Just beat a guy on a 7 fight streak with ease, plus his MW accomplishments still carry some meaning. He's ready for a top 5 fight for sure and if he were to win that, title fight would be fine.

Would like to see him against Hendricks or Woodley or something soon.

u want maia to get beat up?

IF it went to the ground he'd do what Jacare did to Robbie. That being said i think Lawler's TDD is to good now.

he looked extremely overmatched against rory.

PPl said Magny should fight Hendricks, so since Maia beat him he's a contender, right?

-NO

Maia would need to beat a Condit/Woodley/Rory/Lombard to be in the mix... And to be honest any of the afore mentioned WW's finishes Maia, IMO.

For beating Magny? Everyone knew Magny was over hyped. Who has Maia beaten?

I can't see Maia beating the top 4. Condit and Brown would be interesting.

I didn't see anyone hyping up Magny at all but I did see some people and "experts" picking him to win. If only he fights and finishes like Brown, his 7 fight win streak would have been looked at differently like Brown's 7 fight win streak.

He wasn't robbed against Shields lol...

Fuck that term gets used way to often around here. That fight was close as shit.

That's the problem with the word. Close fights are considered robberies, by the fans of the losing fighter. It's really quite frustration seeing it, especially when they use it as an excuse to re-write history. E.g. TS saying Maia is 7-1 at WW.

Well, he deserves it more than Condit, that's for sure.

PPl said Magny should fight Hendricks, so since Maia beat him he's a contender, right?

-NO

Maia would need to beat a Condit/Woodley/Rory/Lombard to be in the mix... And to be honest any of the afore mentioned WW's finishes Maia, IMO.

Finishes Maia...he hasn't been finished since Nate the Great ages ago. Hes fought Silva Rory Munoz Weidman etc in that time. Give me a bresk.

He needs a top 5 big name win though I agree. The UFC needs to stop throwing prospects into the woodchipper because Maia is making them look bad.

One more win and he's there, should be there

well, condit got the TS, so one more win and is demian's turn, i can see that

the woodley/hendricks winner gets next.

Maia is probably next in line after that. He beat a can, a plain as vanilla wrestler hype-train, and Magny, who was pretty good. Let him face Wonderboy or maybe Gunnar and then give him a title shot.

Damian would fucking die if he got hit by a lawler fist

Yep, and he'd win. Lawler folds when he gets out grappled.

Veiled Lawler hate thread.

he hasnt beaten anyone in the top 5 so i disagree

At WW he's 7-1 (He was robbed against Shields) and he won the first round against Rory who beat the crap out of Lawler for 4 rounds.

He's also a class act.

Would love to see Maia become UFC champ.

Yeah TS you mean like 3 minutes of the fight. Rory had Lawler hurt in the last 40 seconds of the 3rd round and the first minutes of the 4th round. Besides that it was all Lawler.

maia would just become a punching bag against lawler because he wont be able to get lawler down. tdd too good

Maia fighting for a belt

48814-Aine-beautiful-girls-smile-gif-5w4u.gif

Back