Maia: "Am I the best fighter in WW division? No. Am I the toughest? No".

BlackandwhiteKnobbyChicken.0.gif

Eye-gouging aint grappling...

rousimar-palhares-jake-shields-wsof-22.jpg

98765432114.png

Maia has actually fought for the title.

Yea because belfort and cael couldn't take the fight and after coming off a ko loss two fights earlier. Bader didn't get that luxury despite plenty of opportunity for the company to give him one.

If Maia juices up like 99% of the fighters, he would be unstoppable.

i think brown is going to finish maia in 3rd

While with a pain in my heart I agree in principle, I have to point out that the connection you tried to make didn't work though.

Bader is not liked, and have virtually no fans. Hence why Zuffa has absolutely no interest in him being a champion.

But Maia, as you can notice, is well liked by the fans.
he is also not boring at all.
There's a big difference in their game.

Maia is like watching a master in chess. Some "just-bleed" fans do not like.
But most MMA fans can appreciate the greatness in him.

And while I do think he would be a huge underdog against Lawler, you can NEVER count him out.
If he took anyone down, he becomes the absolute favorite to win.
Bar NONE!

I'm sure I'll be criticized for this but I would favor him over lawler for sure. Maia has had pretty good success getting great wrestlers to the mat, guys with better wrestling and takedown defense than lawler, and I would saw lawlers grappling and submission defense is average at best. If Maia got him to the mat, away from the fence, he would only need one rounds time to finish him.

"...but I can win the title"

Lol. I just love that guy. The whole interview was enjoyable. He needs only one win to surpass Anderson`s 16 win in the UFC, thats pretty crazy.

War Maia!

Rory_MacDonald_vs._Demian_Maia_ESCAPE.gif

Quality>quantity.

Case in point Cowboy and Magny's win streaks.

I'm sure Cowboy has a ton of wins at LW.

Maia is the shit. IMO Anderson was scared as fuck of him and his bizarre performance was a desperation play that barely got him out of there with his title. He tried a similar tactic, though with a different method, against Weidman in their first fight but he saw right through it.

i think brown is going to finish maia in 3rd
I think Maia's tapping Brown out.

Ariel's interview with Maia was interesting. Maia seems like the genuine article. Very humble.

He brought up gaining fans after his loss to Silva and he's right, I became a fan that night. I'd love to see Maia get a shot at the title. He's right about styles. He's on a great run. He might be able to take Lawlor out of his element. He might get knocked out. I want to see it.

Jake Shields out grappled him and Jake Shields got out grappled by Paul Haris.

no he didnt, jake did not outgrapple demian, as a matter of fact, demian was the only one with dominant positions, if you call Lay in someones guard doing minimun possible effort to pass the guard outgrapple, the you should change your conception of what grappling is.

I think Maia's tapping Brown out.

Ariel's interview with Maia was interesting. Maia seems like the genuine article. Very humble.

He brought up gaining fans after his loss to Silva and he's right, I became a fan that night. I'd love to see Maia get a shot at the title. He's right about styles. He's on a great run. He might be able to take Lawlor out of his element. He might get knocked out. I want to see it.

Maia is an awesome guy, he's one of the few Brazilian fighters who is graduated in something. His father is a friend of my uncle and told me he is also a good person.

Well that's one way to get yourself a title shot... I guess.

I hate that he's right. Boring as fk, but can nullify any fight from actually happening and just gluing himself to anyone.

yeah, uh huh he's boring :oops:

get out of here.

such a humble guy
if the dude had 5 rd cardio he would be an even bigger nightmare for most guys

Back