Maia: "Am I the best fighter in WW division? No. Am I the toughest? No".

Every time i hear Maia talk about titleshots all i can remember is Maia vs Marquardt.

I'm envisioning the same thing will happen to Maia if he fights Lawler. :(

I wasn't a huge fan of Maia until that interview. I also found it hilarious that Sterling said he isn't a small guy. I met him in person in NJ, I am slightly taller than him but we have the same body type and people tend to think of me as small on Campus.

WW has too many guys I like. I definitely think Maia could win the belt but I want Thompson to fight for the belt as well. Plus Robbie is an awesome champ.

Always been one of the best divisions by far.
Yeah, lots of genuinely likable fighters at WW.

"...but I can win the title"

Lol. I just love that guy. The whole interview was enjoyable. He needs only one win to surpass Anderson`s 16 win in the UFC, thats pretty crazy.

War Maia!

Rory_MacDonald_vs._Demian_Maia_ESCAPE.gif

Demian "The Humble Monster" Maia

Would love to see Maia challenge for UFC gold again. I hope he wins a title before he retires... preferrably by Gogoplata or some ridiculous sub.
Laterally drop Lawler into a triangle like he did to Sonnen.

Maia is awesome. Im just glad he's not fighting Lombard. That wouldn't be a good night for him.

he and dong hyun kim should fight for title shot in the future

Maia is the only Brazilian I like. You Brazilians should build statues of him in your country

Maia deserves a big name. The only big names he has had at WW so far were Rory and Fitch and he lost to both. He also lost to Munoz(although that was at MW i think). Maybe he should stay away from wrestlers. Glad with the Brown matchup.

He fitched Fitch. He lost to shields.

I hate that he's right. Boring as fk, but can nullify any fight from actually happening and just gluing himself to anyone.

If he's boring maybe you should just watch kickboxing or something. He's one of the most entertaining ground fighters there is besides maybe Jacare

If he's boring maybe you should just watch kickboxing or something. He's one of the most entertaining ground fighters there is besides maybe Jacare

I do. Glory, overall, is much more entertaining than most MMA fights. And he's a grappler, not a fighter. A damn good grappler, one who needs to cross Palhares before he retires.

He is an amazing grappler but I am still upset how tentative he was against Silva.

Maia is the Bader of the WW, guy will never be champion.

One is a BJJ god, the other one a wrestler with KO power...
They are obviously not the same to anyone with any basic MMA knowledge.

Back