Rumored Magomed Ankalaev vs. Volkan Oezdemir Set For August

DTXQPRD.jpg
Volkan looks great with hair.

jan and circunov who volkan gosth ko ed both finished krylov on the ground
Krylov definitely has his weaknesses. He’s more of a wild striker. His ground game, especially off of his back, isn’t very strong. Guys have been able to submit him at times. He’s kind of a finish-or-get-finished fighter, which makes him dangerous, but also makes him flawed. I don’t think that takes anything away from Ankalaev. Krylov isn’t an easy fight, despite those flaws.

Krylov definitely has his weaknesses. He’s more of a wild striker. His ground game, especially off of his back, isn’t very strong. Guys have been able to submit him at times. He’s kind of a finish-or-get-finished fighter, which makes him dangerous, but also makes him flawed. I don’t think that takes anything away from Ankalaev. Krylov isn’t an easy fight, despite those flaws.
well you kind a said it yourself if krylov is the kind of figher to finish or get finished and ankalaev isn t able to do it what does it says about him

well you kind a said it yourself if krylov is the kind of figher to finish or get finished and ankalaev isn t able to do it what does it says about him
Eh. I see where you’re trying to go with it. It was a tough, competitive fight. Ankalaev isn’t as much of a submission threat as the other guys we listed are. Cirkunov and Blachowicz are miles better than Ankalaev in pure grappling. And if we’re sticking with those two guys as examples, Cirkunov has gone on to get finished multiple times since and become kind of an afterthought in the division while Blachowicz has gone on to become undisputed champ of the division. Just because he didn’t finish a very game Krylov doesn’t mean he has no chance against Oezdemir. Just the way the styles played out. I don’t put too much stock in it.

I got Ankalaev winning this pretty decisively, I think hes better on the feet or ground. Doubt Oezdemir pulls off a triangle like Paul Craig, and its been awhile since he got a knockout.

be honest. you did not watch the fight.
To be real, even though Ankalaev dominated a pretty good portion of the fight up until he randomly lost, I don’t know if anyone in the LHW division wants anything to do with Paul Craig’s guard. His guard is disgustingly efficient. The way he snatches guys up is pretty damn impressive for a larger man. After what he did to Hill’s arm, I don’t think anyone is going to willingly play that game with him.

I got Ankalaev winning this pretty decisively, I think hes better on the feet or ground. Doubt Oezdemir pulls off a triangle like Paul Craig, and its been awhile since he got a knockout.
volkan is way better on the feet than craing and anyone ankalaev has faced

I don’t see Volkan as a contender anymore. It’s time for him to let some newer talent shine.

When's the last time Volkan won a fight? Him fighting DC seems like such a long time ago

Absolutely love this fight, Ankalaev is a future champion IMO. This will be a great test for him, if he wins, title eliminator.

volkan is way better on the feet than craing and anyone ankalaev has faced
Yeah Craig has bad striking, thats why I only mentioned his triangle. From what I've seen Ankalaev has the sharper striking compared to Volkan who has the power advantage. Oezdemir looks worse as the fight goes on if he doesn't get the knockout, and while he is the best striker Ankalaev will have faced that doesn't mean Ankalaev has to strike with him. I could see him implementing a similar gameplan to what he did against Krylov.

When's the last time Volkan won a fight? Him fighting DC seems like such a long time ago
he ko ed latifi witch not even bb could and beat rakic before his jiri figth not to mention the reyes robbery he should have been in a 3 figth winnig streak before

Yeah Craig has bad striking, thats why I only mentioned his triangle. From what I've seen Ankalaev has the sharper striking compared to Volkan who has the power advantage. Oezdemir looks worse as the fight goes on if he doesn't get the knockout, and while he is the best striker Ankalaev will have faced that doesn't mean Ankalaev has to strike with him. I could see him implementing a similar gameplan to what he did against Krylov.
dud anyone can look sharp agaist cans look at walker for example and as for volkan he looked better as the figth went against rakic and latifi

Wouldve like to see Ankalaev vs Smith but this is fine. Ankalaev wins by whatever he wants. I do like Volkans striking but Ankalaev makes less mistakes and is more well rounded.

dud anyone can look sharp agaist cans look at walker for example and as for volkan he looked better as the figth went against rakic and latifi
You ignored the last part of my post, which is pretty much the point.

while he is the best striker Ankalaev will have faced that doesn't mean Ankalaev has to strike with him. I could see him implementing a similar gameplan to what he did against Krylov.

You also could have said the exact same things about Jiri before their fight and we saw how that turned out. Volkan offered little resistance or ability to defend bad positions when he had to grapple with Smith and Cormier, guys who actually tried to grapple with him.

Back