News Magomed Ankalaev vs. Darko Stosic booked for UFC Prague

Stošić is legit. His only loss comes from a short notice fight against Jiri Prochazska who's a top 10 light heavyweight in my book. Hoping he gets the W, but Ankalaev is a tough motherfucker. Good fight.
Stosic is a tank.
But his last fight before coming to the UFC was against a 40-year old guy with a losing record.

Both guys are promising so a bit of a strange matchup considering how thin LHW is.

I agree that this makes little sense. You have new blood facing each other while OSP rematches Shogun.

I have the feeling that this will be again, one of this european cards full of chechens and dagestanis that can't get a Visa to the US.
Especially since it's in eastern/central europe

Ankaleav, Edilov maybe Taisumov and probably many more

Ali and Kadyrov sitting somewhere and rubbing their hands.

I agree that this makes little sense. You have new blood facing each other while OSP rematches Shogun.

Shogun's fighting Tyson Pedro this Saturday. But yah, they should both be fighting guys like Cummins, Villante and Alvey.

I have the feeling that this will be again, one of this european cards full of chechens and dagestanis that can't get a Visa to the US.
Especially since it's in eastern/central europe

Ankaleav, Edilov maybe Taisumov and probably many more

Ali and Kadyrov sitting somewhere and rubbing their hands.

Well currently from I don't know, probably it's nearly 40 Russian citizens who signed to UFC only 1 Chechen (Taisumov) and 2 Dagestani (Khabilov and Emeev) who has problems with American visa. I mean it's just 3 guys, you can't fill the card with them.

Ankalaev has fought much better competition but so did Gadzhimurad Antigulov compared to Cutelaba and he still lost so who knows who has this one.

You only have to actually watch them to realize Antigulov is a can compared to Ankalaev.

You only have to actually watch them to realize Antigulov is a can compared to Ankalaev.

I'm not disputing that, well, I might actually, but that's beside the point, which is that better competition does not automatically equal certain victory.

Ankalaev and Stosic are both two of the best prospects at LHW. I'd prefer they not be matched up against each other.

oh ankalaev is the guy that tapped in the last second, smh

Cool, I'm gonna be there. Hope we get a good main-event.

oh ankalaev is the guy that tapped in the last second, smh
I hope we get a rematch of Craig vs Ankalaev one day. A fight that Ankalaev would clearly win, unless he taps last second.. he showed he was better throughout the fight, until the last second. It is a tough pill to swallow..

Going with stosic. Think he has a ton of potential

Great fight, i'd rather have them fighting veterans and climbing the rankings before facing each other, but i'll take it, should be a really fun one.

Great match-ups for fight-fans, but bad for their careers since there is a ton of easier opposition that is higher ranked.

Maybe they're trying to knock one of these Eastern European prospects out of the running?

Ankalaev is reasonably clean in that regard. You probably mean Abdul-Kerim Edilov, who is also a LHW with much closer connections with everybody's favorite president.

Ankalaev represents Akhmat MMA, no?

He thanked Kadyrov at his last win like he was affraid to get shoot or something.

Great match-ups for fight-fans, but bad for their careers since there is a ton of easier opposition that is higher ranked.

Maybe they're trying to knock one of these Eastern European prospects out of the running?
I think that's it. They want to know from the start which one is the real deal so they can push the right guy in the future.

Will be interesting fight I've been more impressed with Stosic so far so I'll take him to win this. Like everyone says it'd be nice if these guys got oponents with names on the way out before this happened hopefully the winner gets a big push either way.

Back