Magny vs Maia

past it Maia once again gasses himself while furiously dry humping an outmatched rookie in another boring ass decision win

maia.

he's already exposed one ww contender in laflare.

We all saw what happened to Ryan Laflare, a highly touted contender. I would greatly appreciate a breakdown of why Neil Magny is better and poses a true threat to Demian Maia. Btw the UFC is retarded for making the best fight of the night a prelim.

We all saw what happened to Ryan Laflare, a highly touted contender. I would greatly appreciate a breakdown of why Neil Magny is better and poses a true threat to Demian Maia. Btw the UFC is retarded for making the best fight of the night a prelim.

thank god they are, im not buying that garbage PPV and Maia/Magny is the only fight on the card i want to see.

Don't get how anyone thinks Magny is a contender, I personally think Maia is going to pretzel him in the first, don't think hell have a problem taking down Neil Fucking Magny, considering he's taken down pretty much everyone he's faced at welterweight.

I keep flip flopping, currently on Maia round 1 sub. Likely to change several more times before fight time.

Anyone else think this might look similar to Maia vs. Grove? Grove was actually taller than Magny and had the same reach, but grove had a better ground game.

Hard to pick. If Magny can survive the first round I think maia is gonna gas hard and get beat up standing.

edit- He will keep trying for takedowns until we eventually get the dreaded flop to your back strategy.

I think Magny is starting to use his range much better. Maybe Maia gets a TD in first round but then loses his gas tank like in fight with Rory and Magny just jabs him to death or even finishes him in 3rd round.

While Maia looked great against Laflare lets remember that Laflare is also a grappler with limited striking and distance management. Anyone willing to grapple with Maia (besides Shields who pretty much won every scramble on the ground against Maia) will lose. Magny doesn't want to grapple with Maia, he wants to jab from outside and use his size. I can see Magny having success at that, especially in later rounds.

Also lately it looks like Magny found his killer instinct so even if he is down two rounds and Maia is totally gassed in third, Magny might just finish him and don't let it go to judges.

Winnable fight for Magny if he plays it smart.

lol @ so many forgetting Maia "losing his tank" against rory was msotly due to him eating ridiculously brutal body kicks.

lol @ so many forgetting Maia "losing his tank" against rory was msotly due to him eating ridiculously brutal body kicks.

If there's anything I've learn from sherdog in the past month it's that body kicks do not affect your opponent's gastank

Shock many ppl picking Maia. I think Magny wins this finishing Maia with strikes in the stand up. Maia won't be able to take him down.

Back